It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=12]My Subox Doc says NO sleep meds. My Sleep Doc (who ALSO is a Subox Doc) says it's fine for me to take both. REGARDLESS OF OPINION...I need to have a drug test for Subox Doc (Several reasons why I can't just have sleep Doc do my meds...Insurance etc)...so I need to know about how long will it take for 30 mgs of Restoril nightly for a few months to get out of my system. Just a short answer please...then I'll average them out & decide. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:03 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I wish I had an answer to this but Im not sure?

I dont think sub doctors really test for sleep meds though. I dont think Restoril would be detected on a standard 10 panel drug test.

I get soooooo irritated when doctors who prescribe sub are so strict about taking a damn sleep med with the sub. Or kick people out for a slip with weed.

I guess I could be wrong but I dont even think Restoril will show up. I hope someone else who knows will come along and answer you. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Restoril is a type of benzo, so if you're tested for benzos, it will probably show up. It supposedly has a half life of 8-20 hours. This info I found with a simple Google search - hope it helps you.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Restoril is a benzodiazepine that has a half life of 8-13 hours but due to differences in metabolism there is a great variability in this number. Due to these numbers it would make sense that temazepam wouldn't be detectable after 30-50 hours but if it were me just to be completely neurotic about it I would think that to be completely safe it would be undetectable within 8-10 days as benzos are notorious for being detected for days after the last use; so I guess pick a number somewhere between 1.5 and 10 days.... The one thing that worries me is the fact that this IS a benzo and you have been taking it nightly for at least months; this means to me that you have some level of physical dependence (at the very least) and should be careful about stopping abruptly as benzodiazepine withdrawal can cause seizures. Best of luck!

Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.