It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: men/pedicures
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

YES! men get pedicures...I see them at the salon all the time! No nail polish usually, tho....up to you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't know if I should have started a new thread on this or not, but I only intended a quick question so I though I just put it in an active thread.

Does everyone else sleep an unusual amount of time on Suboxone? I can easily sleep 12 hours on that stuff, but healtht and sober I usually only need 5 to 7 hours. My friends tell me this is a unique symptom for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, no pedicures here! It would be like the scene from Dumb and Dumber when they had to break out the disc grinders!! HA

Lifesaver, I'll try to hit your questions 1 by 1.

What dose were you able to get down to? Zero. I quit about 6 months ago after being on sub for almost 3 years.

Do you remember how long it took you to get stable at a lower dosage? The wd feelings went away after about 7 days and I would wait a month before I did each taper. Remember, in the beginning to go from 16 to 12 is a 4mg out of 16mg drop---a 25% drop. Going from 12mg to 8mg is a 33% drop. I did not drop more than 25% at a time....and you can drop as little as you want...do 5% if that's what agrees with you. Were not racing, remember.

Did you just instantly drop to the dosage you wanted to stabilize at or did you decrease little bits at a time? 25% at a time is what I did. It may be too little for some people to do, it may be too much for others. You'll find your own schedule.

You mentioned " That illness that i felt earlier passed an now im back at neutral ground." I know I got to the point where I blamed everything on my sub taper. If my car got a flat tire...it was my damn taper. If a bird crapped on my forehead...it was the damn taper. Just try to be careful to not blame everything on the taper as I did.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

desertfox,

I too could sleep almost unlimited hours on suboxone, but then again I have always been a champion sleeper. You could consider adjusting your dose, after speaking with your Dr., of course. It may help to take a little less??

If you want a more detailed discussion, just go up to 'side effects' thingamadoo and start a new thread, man. I know the first time I started a thread I felt like a moron, I promise...I won't think your a moron. Theres probably several people who have the same question or experience with the sleep thing...it's a good topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 pm 
Romeo:

What i was saying about illness is, i've tried tapering before and illness and straight psychotic anger is what stop me the last time i tried to taper. When i try to lower my dosage i always get psychotically angry and ready to snap. Thats what i mean by saying im ill. Sub does make me ill when i try to decrease my dose. I dont know why but it does. Anyways, i appreciate your response!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't seem to get the 'psychotic anger' until I quit completely. I would scream at my daughter during homework because she couldn't figure out a homework problem. She would start crying and I'd get even angrier. BTW...she's 11...yeah, I felt like a complete tool about 10 minutes later. This went on night after night. I'd yell, she'd cry, I'd feel like a tool and apologize.

It's your brain adjusting to its new norm (lower meds). It sucks, this I know, but I never did come up with a solution...mercifully, it just went away on its own.

I would have to say your anger will subside with time. Again, your brain has to learn to strike a new balance with its chemicals. If the condition persists, you may want to consult a physician?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 am 
Well its day 3, my stomach feels like crap and i felt weak when i woke up this morning. I was also sweating a little bit. But im moving on along now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:49 am 
Thanks doc!! lol Joking. Yea, like i said the reason i stopped the taper the first time was because of the illness and anger but i also dropped too much at a time the first time. I was dropping 4mg's at a time the first time i tried it. Anyways, this this anger i can handle and i know it will go away once im adjusted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:07 am 
This may sound crazy but since i've lowered my dose a bit, it seems like each dose i take is a bit more effective. Does that make any sense? Or is it in my mind and am i possibly just thinking a little too positive about things. Thinking too positive isnt a bad thing but im just wandering if thats what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:09 am 
Heres a way to explain what i meant by my last post. It seems that because i've lowered my dose, by the time its time to take my next dose im feeling like crap and i think that taking that dose takes away that bad feeling in return making me feel better. Is that possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lifesaver said, "by the time its time to take my next dose im feeling like crap and i think that taking that dose takes away that bad feeling in return making me feel better. Is that possible?"

Sounds good to me, man. Actually, I think that's exactly what happened to me while tapering.

I've always heard less is more when it comes to suboxone, but I just figured everybody was off their rocker when they would say it. Had I not experienced it myself, I still would have a hard time believing it.

So, overall you're doing OK today? (other than the stomach, little weakness and sweats)

You got anything planned for the day...if you can keep your mind busy it'll help pass the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:48 pm 
Yea man doing pretty good at the moment!! Im doing my favorite thing ever, surfing the web lol. Nah, i just enjoy sittin in my bed with my laptop in hand. I completely get lossed in the time. Its grrrreeeaatt!! Yea i have always questioned that theory but i honestly do feel better each time i take my dose. Its like, i lower the dose and in return start to feel bad then take my next dose and bam, it actually seems to work better. I still am having to adjust to the crappy feeling in my stomach. Its like that feeling where you feel really really hungry almost like your stomach is empty, but have no appetite. And my stomach isnt empty. I eat all the time and just got done eating lunch. But no matter how much i eat, my stomach still feels the same. Its a small withdrawal symptom i use to get but nothing i cant handle. Overall im doing pretty good for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:47 pm 
Well i've made it through day 3. My arms an legs havent fell off yet lol. Jokin. Anyways, just checkin in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, I forgot to mention this...actually I just remembered it. I remember my first taper from 16mg to 12mg and the discomfort that was associated with it, actually, a lot of similarities between your symptoms and mine....dang it...forgot what the heck I was talking about...Oh Yeah, my first taper the wd symptoms I can remember, but I honestly don't remember the symptoms from the next taper from 12mg to 10mg.

What I'm trying to say is, for me anyway, the second taper, third taper, etc. went much smoother than the first. I guess I knew what to expect and I didn't get worked up mentally over it and it seems to have helped.

So, day 3 is coming to an end and you're getting ready for day 4...Awesome!

I look forward to seeing how day 4 is going for you...I hope it sails by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:24 pm 
Yea man so far just minor symptoms. Not to say they arent bothersome but they really just kinda come an go. Nothing really sticks and last too long. And yea tomorrow is day 4, i should be sailing. However, i've found that the worst time for me is right when i wake up each morning because my stomach feels like crap, i feel weak, little dizzy right when i get out of bed and light headed. Also a bit ill but, as soon as i take my medicine i feel a good bit better. Mostly all of what i just described goes away within a couple hours. Anyways i'll make it because like i've said, my mind is made up and im stickin with it. Thanks for keeping up with me and i'll update once i get movin in the morning. I always wake up at 5, walk my dog then come in take med an get online. Usually come straight to the forum first thing. With that said, tomorrow we shall see.

Post subject: Doing good
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm keeping up with you. Reading your posts as you go and cheering you on.

I wanted to say that you should be glad you don't have the problem I have with Subs. Insomnia, in the worst way. And if I have a problem or something is upsetting me, even worse. Be glad it makes you sleep. The other day when I was worried about my leg, I was up 43 hrs. Serious. With maybe a 10 min. nod here or there. As soon as the doctor reassured me it's o.k. I crashed slept a whopping 5 hrs. Subs keep me UP! So be glad it makes you sleepy.

Keep up the good work but don't push yourself too much. Slow & steady wins the race. Remember that Lifesaver

Love ya, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:13 am 
Thanks queenie!! At one point in the beginning of treatment, sub did make it kinda hard to sleep. I think with time that may get better for you. It did for me. Although it really wasnt ever that bad for me. I cant even imagine how you must have felt when you were worried about your leg. Not getting sleep as well. A person needs their sleep thats for sure. Well, im in day 4 i think, and i actually feel back to normal already. My stomach still feels just a little tiny bit uncomfortable but everything else has already leveled out. Strange how fast it happend. 3 full days and then on the 4th day im pretty much stable again. Sounds good to me. I may go another week like this an then try another 2mg's which would put me at 12mg's a day. So, my new stable dosage is now 14mg's. Does anyone know if i should let myself get very stable at 14 or should i go ahead an drop another 2 since im already stable? Cuz i am very comfortable already. I really pretty much know i could but i just want some advice about it first. Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yikes! I would really hate to see you Yo-Yo up and down so I'm going to have to say to stay where you are for at least a week to make sure you're really stable where you're at now.

Yo-Yo'ing up and down can be devasting to you mentally. We are trying to build your confidence UP about tapering, we don't want to throw any curve balls right now.

Every drop you are successful with gives you that much more strength to do the next one. Make sense?

Hey, I remember you saying you walk your dog in the morning, are you a dog 'person'? What kind of dog do you have? We have always had dogs, I love them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:44 am 
Yea i was just talking about going down another 2mg's. I only thought about it because i literally havent felt much of anything other than the things i've described over the past few days. But all those symptoms came and went in no time. I still will probably stay where im at for at least a week. It was just a thought.

Yea i love dogs!! I have a Jack Russel. I love him so dang much!! He has brought joy to my life!! Dogs are the best!!

Post subject: Hi, lifesaver
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lifesaver, like Queenie, I've been reading your thread and hoping things go well for you. I don't remember having too much trouble going from 16 to 14, but it's truly and ridiculously so different for everyone. I had a male friend who had the anger reaction quite severely. I'm wondering if it's more common for guys because of the testosterone? Just a silly theory.

Do you think part of the angry feeling is because you are feeling like someone is taking something away from you? I think it's probably both psychological as well as physical. It is SO scary dropping down on your dose. It makes me so nervous. It's the whole "what will happen?" thing.

The best advice I want to give you is to not push it at all. You just dropped. IMO, it's best to stay where you are for a while, maybe a month, to get completely stabilized. I'm sensitive to tapering, as are many other people, and it appears that you are as well. There's nothing 'weak' about that. So, knowing that, it's just best for people like us to take small, careful steps. The worst is dropping too fast and then getting so sick so that you end up going back up. I did that many times, and it's pretty defeating. Also, the next time you drop 2 mg it will be a higher percentage of your total dose, so you do want to be all the way adjusted before taking that on.

Good job, lifesaver. I know it's not easy, but aren't you proud of yourself!! If you go down in small, careful amounts, you probably won't have more than 5 days of discomfort, and the discomfort will probably be mild. I say 'probably' because everyone's experience is as unique as they are. I'm assuming you're still planning on staying at 12, right? If you plan to go lower later on, just be careful with how fast you go and go down in smaller chunks. If I've learned anything about tapering on Sub, it's that the tortoise really does win the race. Slow and steady is the answer. The hare goes too fast and burns out. :)

Congratulations!!! I wish we got certificates for dropping our dose :lol:

laddertipper