It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

so this is my first post, i just moved to new orleans and i cannot seem to find a doctor that take insurance around this area ( i have blue cross). back north in IL the process was vary easy and suboxone has changed my life. i had a vary good doctor back there and treatment was going well.. i just moved dowm here to new orleans now and really need to find a doctor soon to keep up on treatment.
please help me with any advise or ppl around the area. i have already used the find a doctor tab on the suboxone website and has only yielded money thirsty doctors that wont take insurance and want 300 dollars up front plus other fees..

thanks for any help

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi 5.0,

I'm afraid I cannot be of much help. I've never had to deal with finding doctors that take insurance, so I can't say I know any other tricks other than to google suboxone docs in your area and cold call each one. I've personally always had better luck with google searches rather than suboxone lists, so if you haven't tried that, give it a shot. Other than that, I can't help much. Hopefully someone else will come on with some better information.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thank you for your response, i will be trying what you said and just continue to search Google.. i cannot believe how much different the care is down here. i have never heard of doctors that make you pay 300+ dollars even if you have insurance then 250 each time. i just really hope i find one soon.. thanks again and if anyone knows any good doctors in the area please let me know..