It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: just jumped
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't know if this is the rca effect (a.k.a. butterflying), but I just dumped the last of my sub's into the can, then flushed.

I'm at .15 mg/day, let the fun begin. Too late for 2nd thoughts.

Stay tuned.

-- ji

Post subject: Re: just jumped
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow! Nice! Okay, you and rca have convinced me to change my thread now, as I am officially almost done with day 3. Sounds like you are committed, and made it so you pretty much have no choice but to be committed. Good for you! Keep us posted...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks mama, you mean your on day 3 of no subs?
-- ji

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

johnny_ikon wrote:
Thanks mama, you mean your on day 3 of no subs?
-- ji

That's right!!! Started my thread with exactly that title!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow guys! I cant keep up!!!! 3 new threads in one day. Rock on!!!!!

This is awesome and I am so excited for all of you!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
Don't know if this is the rca effect (a.k.a. butterflying), but I just dumped the last of my sub's into the can, then flushed.

Stay tuned.

-- ji

Hurray!! WOW! You must also be READY!! Let's get this OVER WITH! And we are doing it "together' which I just find WAY encouraging!! 100% honest, I am getting close to 48hours now since my last .25mgs, and am not real comfortable, but we are WARRIORS doing BATTLE!!! We can rest when the battle is over! Stay strong bro!!!! (or, I mean "son" :D )

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey bf, i'm wasn't sure i was ready 10 seconds before i flushed the pills, but it 100% felt like the right thing to do, and i feel ready now. No regret at all

I feel some discomfort this a.m. but it's only been 22 hours or so since my last dose so this has to be in my head. For me, 'in my head' is where the challenge will be.

-- ji

quote="ButterFLYING!"]
johnny_ikon wrote:

Stay tuned.

-- ji

Hurray!! WOW! You must also be READY!! Let's get this OVER WITH! And we are doing it "together' which I just find WAY encouraging!! 100% honest, I am getting close to 48hours now since my last .25mgs, and am not real comfortable, but we are WARRIORS doing BATTLE!!! We can rest when the battle is over! Stay strong bro!!!! (or, I mean "son" :D )[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well done my friend...no point waiting for too long so yeah I think it's the positive consequence of the last couple days..

Keep posting!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
Hey bf, i'm wasn't sure i was ready 10 seconds before i flushed the pills, but it 100% felt like the right thing to do, and i feel ready now. No regret at all

I feel some discomfort this a.m. but it's only been 22 hours or so since my last dose so this has to be in my head. For me, 'in my head' is where the challenge will be.

-- ji

Yes, it ALL "begin's" in our heads, right? I am finding the 'WARRIOR' metaphors motivating right now. We know there will never be an "easy" time to get through this, but we MUST walk "through" it to get to our FREEDOM, and JI, that is WORTH the FIGHT, right??? I know you are a "spiritual" person as well ( well, we are ALL "spiritual", just not everyone acknowledges that fact, KWIM?). Anyway, I know that GOD (or "whatever" you call the Divine Mind / Higher Power) created us to be HEALTHY, and is in our corner! Drugs do not have a chance up against this power....don't believe the "lies" of the "enemy" (in this case for us it is Suboxone). We do not "need" to use drugs again. Ever. Keep fighting- you are worth it!!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the support fusor & bf.

Actually I'm a completely non-spiritual person, but I have to live a spiritual life if I want any peace and freedom. That's where my HP comes in, and that's where sub's go out. I believe I had to ditch the drugs to get to a deeper relationship with my HP ( and not use drugs as a substitute for that relationship).

I was only on 1.5 mg for 4 days, maybe I really am feeling physical withdrawal to some extent (though the mental challenge will be the more important one). Anyways, it's on!

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
Thanks for the support fusor & bf.

Actually I'm a completely non-spiritual person, but I have to live a spiritual life if I want any peace and freedom. That's where my HP comes in, and that's where sub's go out. I believe I had to ditch the drugs to get to a deeper relationship with my HP ( and not use drugs as a substitute for that relationship).

I was only on 1.5 mg for 4 days, maybe I really am feeling physical withdrawal to some extent (though the mental challenge will be the more important one). Anyways, it's on!

-- ji

I'm happy for you!! Interesting, about the "non-spiritual person living a spiritual life"...I don't quite understand? But am very very happy for whatever path is bringing you to peace and freedom JI- keep it up!!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good morning JI! And so the day begins. Hang tough my friend. The days fly by and before you know it, you have a week, then two under your belt!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes!!!!! Stay strong and u all will make it!!!
Keep yourself busy !!!
Music ,Showers, movies .
I wish u Good Luck and I know you will make it!!!!
Peace
Ryszrad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks to everyone for the support. Already feeling heavy-legged and low energy, and yawning a lot. Maybe only 4 days at .15 mg (a drop from .3 mg) means I'm going into final withdrawl quickly, which suits me fine. I just want to get to it, maybe i'll come out of it sooner.

Mentally I'm good, just trying to stay serene and do the best I can. Only 1 and a half workdays in the next five days, which is good!

BF I mean that in active addiction, though I thought I was a nice guy (while ripping people off), I was selfish and self-centered, and plagued with self-centered fear. Not very spiritual. If I don't live a spiritual life now (via 12 Step), i'll go back to that insanity.

Peace out.

-- ji

ButterFLYING! wrote:
johnny_ikon wrote:

-- ji

Yes, it ALL "begin's" in our heads, right? I am finding the 'WARRIOR' metaphors motivating right now. We know there will never be an "easy" time to get through this, but we MUST walk "through" it to get to our FREEDOM, and JI, that is WORTH the FIGHT, right??? I know you are a "spiritual" person as well ( well, we are ALL "spiritual", just not everyone acknowledges that fact, KWIM?). Anyway, I know that GOD (or "whatever" you call the Divine Mind / Higher Power) created us to be HEALTHY, and is in our corner! Drugs do not have a chance up against this power....don't believe the "lies" of the "enemy" (in this case for us it is Suboxone). We do not "need" to use drugs again. Ever. Keep fighting- you are worth it!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:25 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey! Congrats on your progress so far! Ya, I hear you with the mental part of it being the toughest. You were on a very low dose, and I was off for 6 days then back on for only 8 at about .5, so I feel like days 1 and 2 were harder than 3. Maybe because we weren't storing so much in our bodies over time??? Just a thought, but who knows, maybe not. I am on day 4 and feel okay. Not good or bad, just okay. Keep posting! It helps!

Til later...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[quote="johnny_ikon"]

BF I mean that in active addiction, though I thought I was a nice guy (while ripping people off), I was selfish and self-centered, and plagued with self-centered fear. Not very spiritual. If I don't live a spiritual life now (via 12 Step), i'll go back to that insanity.

Peace out.

-- ji
[quote="johnny_ikon"]

Ahh! That makes sense now, thank you for explaining! Lots of wisdom in the 12 Steps- keep it up!! :)

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang, everyone is tossing their Suboxone!! :)

Hang tough, Johnny. It looks like you put in a good taper and you should reap the rewards of that good taper.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Romeo, yes, there's a glut in the Subs market, lol.

I would love to post back to this thread and say you're right about my taper. Things were manageable up until this point. Getting off at 1 pm for the weekend today helps.

Cheers.

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hmmm, just found out that we're taking off Monday where I work, so in 60 min I'm away until Wednesday.

This is an amazing coincidence, and I detect my HP lurking somewhere in the background (coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous). When I made my sudden decision to jump last night (and throw my Subs into the toilet), it had the feeling of an HP-inspired thought, to the extent that it felt 100% right at the time, and has felt right since.

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's awesome. Time off during the initial process is huge! No pressure to drag yourself through a work day is a big relief. Enjoy your days!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next