It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: just jumped
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How did the ab work go today? I am not going to the gym tonight and am having gym cravings. Lmao. Planning on doing some ab work at the house though. If I don't do some kind of exercise every day I start to feel fat. Hahaha

just scored a treadmill for the house! Wicked psyched about that. We are picking it up sunday. Woo hoo!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
ButterFLYING! wrote:
Hey JI, I was "jk", you know that right? Don't be so sensitive dude! LOL
Did I get defensive about my weirdly long toes?? ha ha ha
AND I DID say it was a very nice arm btw! Geesh! :lol: Men and their egos! ha ha ha!

[tongue in cheek]Didn't realize you were joking, just thought you had a 'thing' against skinny arms. Or against poultry.[/tongue in cheek] :mrgreen:

-- ji

Hey JI, get that damn tongue out of your cheek and start shoving some sweet, delicious DONUTS in there!!! Who needs the men's shelter for food? Don't they have Duncan Donuts in Canada? if not there must be a "Canadian equivalent"?? Stop by on your way home from the gym! You've earned it bro-son!!

And for the record (so I don't inadvertently piss off any chickens out there), I hold no personal prejudice against any poultry product whatsoever :P
BF.

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^^^^ lmfao

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Trainer, if you have gym cravings and just bought a treadmill for home use, I think you're going to do ok in the abs contest. If I have to lose this contest to a woman, so be it.

-- ji

trainer14 wrote:
How did the ab work go today? I am not going to the gym tonight and am having gym cravings. Lmao. Planning on doing some ab work at the house though. If I don't do some kind of exercise every day I start to feel fat. Hahaha

just scored a treadmill for the house! Wicked psyched about that. We are picking it up sunday. Woo hoo!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:
...And for the record (so I don't inadvertently piss off any chickens out there), I hold no personal prejudice against any poultry product whatsoever :P
BF.

Me neither, in fact I love poultry...roasted, BBQd, served up with lo mein noodles and orange-ginger sauce. Yum.

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Johnny, I'm a member of PETA.....People for Excellent Tasting Animals.....rock on!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sign me up! Then again, I may not be eligible, I committed to not eating beef recently.

A friend told me about a dream he had, really gross. It turned him into a vegetarian overnight. Got me thinking about it, and in a moment of weakness (extreme) I told my friend I've been hanging out with that I would go 'beef-free' too (she's pretty much vegan).

Went to dinner with a group of CA people at a Chinese restaurant last night, and beef ribs was one of the dishes we shared. Temping, but a commitment is a commitment....ok, I ate one (another moment of weakness), but it was extremely unsatisfying. I guess a commitment really is a commitment.

Anyone know a good vegetarian substitute for steaks and medium rare burgers? Sigb.

-- ji

Romeo wrote:
Johnny, I'm a member of PETA.....People for Excellent Tasting Animals.....rock on!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

While not exactly a substitute for good grilled steaks and burgers, this Korean tofu recipe was much better than I thought it would be. And I am certainly no vegetarian . http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/dububuchim-yangnyeomjang

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:

Anyone know a good vegetarian substitute for steaks and medium rare burgers? Sigb.
!

Ummmmmmm.........donuts? lol

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi KS, thanks, I appreciate the suggestion, but...I. Will. Not Eat. Tofu. :(

My friend who had the cow dream, and became a vegetarian overnight, says his idea of vegetarian food is like cheese pizza, lol. I like the way he thinks.

I have another reason for wanting to eat better, I took an antibiotic three months ago, and it's messed up my stomach a bit. Won't go into details, nothing serious, but apparently the quickest way I can get my stomach biology back to normal is by eating properly. I've started eating mostly raw vegetables and fruit, with non-animal proteins (except for fish), and lots of beans, nuts, seeds, etc. Not far from a vegan diet, to be honest, interested to see how this goes.

But I still can't bring myself to eat a white, gelatinous, tasteless, odorless paste.

ButterFLYING! wrote:
johnny_ikon wrote:

Anyone iknow a good vegetarian substitute for steaks and medium rare burgers? Sigb.
!

Ummmmmmm.........donuts? lol

rofl. Keep it up, woman. While you're making jokes, I'm out there doing pushups, er, situps.

-- ji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh I can fully understand not wanting a square white blob. And I definitely am not vegetarian, let's see what did I have for dinner last night, oh yeah brats on the BBQ. Not the best for u but very satisfying.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good morning JI! Happy 10 days until 2 months sub free!

Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles...but sounds like it is helping you in the long run by turning you towards a healthier diet...no more bacon for you, huh? (but don't forget the donuts! Cheese pizza also sounds like a nice vegetarian alternative!! EXTRA cheese would be great!!! ha ha)

And don't forget, today is SUNDAY- the day of REST! Let those stomach muscles r-e-l-a-x today! (and tomorrow....and the rest of the week....and until I win the contest.....ha ha ha)

How is your sleep going? I had a really good night! Now, off to the gym!! (then it may have to be off to the plastic surgeon to "actually" get my 6 pack....is that cheating? Lol!!)
Peace,
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Can you win the contest if you have an 8 pack? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey JI, I just saw on yahoo news that they "might" of videotaped a UFO in your neck of the woods! Of course astronomers are saying its a meteor :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good morning JI! How are you today??

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was kicking back watching rented movies yesterday...after I went out for a run, and did a bunch of situps. Ate popcorn during the movies, as well as a pudding made of pureed chia and berries (which was way yummier than it probably sounds), but no donuts. Nice try BF.

I've been sleeping better generally, often waking up after 4 or 5 hours, but then falling back to sleep eventually. Last night I slept right thru the night, but I was out late and was tired when I got home.

Lot of personal stress at the moment -- job stuff, moving at the end of the month, relationship challenges -- so I'm having to work my program as much as ever, if not more so. But all of this stuff is allowing me to advance my life, and I have to trust that The Creator isn't serving stuff up any faster than I can digest it. While on Methadone/Subs, I generally avoided challenges, which meant avoiding the chance for any personal growth.

Have a good day BF.

-- ji

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Good morning JI! Happy 10 days until 2 months sub free!

Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles...but sounds like it is helping you in the long run by turning you towards a healthier diet...no more bacon for you, huh? (but don't forget the donuts! Cheese pizza also sounds like a nice vegetarian alternative!! EXTRA cheese would be great!!! ha ha)

And don't forget, today is SUNDAY- the day of REST! Let those stomach muscles r-e-l-a-x today! (and tomorrow....and the rest of the week....and until I win the contest.....ha ha ha)

How is your sleep going? I had a really good night! Now, off to the gym!! (then it may have to be off to the plastic surgeon to "actually" get my 6 pack....is that cheating? Lol!!)
Peace,
BF

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What's an 8 pack? If you're talking about a case of beer, probably not, lol.

h0pe wrote:
Can you win the contest if you have an 8 pack? :wink:

-- ji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cool! I was out in the country west of Toronto yesterday, and I wanted to stay around late enough to see the stars come out, but had to leave just as it was getting dark. Maybe I would have seen it.

-- ji

trainer14 wrote:
Hey JI, I just saw on yahoo news that they "might" of videotaped a UFO in your neck of the woods! Of course astronomers are saying its a meteor :)

Edit: Just read that the UFO was seen Saturday nite, not last nite. I was out Saturday nite in downtown Toronto, but didn't see a thing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:

Hi BF, I think I understand the 'eat donuts' campaign -- now that you're back at work, probably harder to work out. Slipping backwards on the abs development? If you can't win, play for a draw, right? Lol.

No worries, feels like I'm slipping backwards, too. We can always have a 'best gut' contest.

-- ji

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
ButterFLYING! wrote:

Hi BF, I think I understand the 'eat donuts' campaign -- now that you're back at work, probably harder to work out. Slipping backwards on the abs development? If you can't win, play for a draw, right? Lol.

No worries, feels like I'm slipping backwards, too. We can always have a 'best gut' contest.

-- ji

Oooo! That ^^^^ was enough to "re motivate me"-thanks! lol
Yes, less time to work out, you're right...but I'm still making my workouts count! I "stalked" a guy who was pretty ripped at the gym on Sunday- followed him around as he did his ab workout and took notes! ha ha ha!
But even if I am working my "hardest" I still think I'd better keep up the donuts campaign if I am to have a chance against you....and the cheese pizza campaign....Yummmm!!! Cheesy, gooey, thick crusted, PIZZA!!! LOL!
BF

PS. How are you feeling? Are you still sneezing? Every once in awhile I STILL have a row of sneezes!!

Mahatma Gandhi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next