It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Everyone!
I found this forum last week, and I am so excited! I had what felt like a million un-answered questions reguarding Suboxone treatment, and after a week of perusing the post's here, I feel like I have a much better understanding of the drug. Let me share a little of my back story:
I am a married 29 year old mother of 3 (soon to be 4!). I have been on suboxone for almost two years, and I have not had a relapse at all since my "clean date" of March 22, 2009. Prior to starting suboxone, I was abusing prescription pain-killers (Vicoden, Loratab, Oxycodone, Methadone, and Tramadol--yes Tramadol (I will explain). I was in such bad shape when I finally entered out-patient treatment. I should have entered Detox--but with 3 kids at home--Detox was'nt really an option for me. I had tried Detoxing at home 5-6 times without sucess. I was desperate, out of control, and literally using my way to deaths door. My withdrawls were so servere that I would hallucinate and convulse for hours, it would take a week for me to even be able to stand up straight. I might make it two weeks clean before I was back out "doctor shopping", or copping pills off the street. On more than one occasion, I suffered from "toxic phycosis", and was so confused I did'nt know who I was or where, and I would cry for hours, lost...I can't really express how bad I was in words. I should be dead right now. How my body survived this abuse, I cannot say. The worst of it carried of for about 9 months straight, but I had been abusing Opiates for years prior. I was addicted to Heroin from age 17-19, but when I found out I was pregnant for my oldest son, I kicked the habit cold-turkey, no rehab-detox-treatment. My family was embarrassed for me being a prego-addict, so they basically locked me in a room until I was done being sick, and I moved on with my life as a new mom, and never looked back (well almost). Years later, after injuring my shoulder, I rediscovered Opiates in a doctors office. It did'nt take long for me to start abusing them.
Ironically, I found my salvation in the doctors office in the form of Suboxone. I know for a FACT that I would not be clean (or maybe even here) today if not for this drug. It has given me my life back. I did go through out-patient treatment, and I continue to go to therapy, meetings, ect. But, at the end of the day, I know the only reason I had the courage to go through that last and final Detox at home was because Suboxone became the light at the end of the tunnel. I will have to work at staying clean for the rest of my life, whether I am on Subs or not. That is something I accept about myself.
I hope that I can share my experience with others going through a similar life change and offer my support. I was so alone in the beginning, so I know how rough that can be. Once again--I am so happy I found this forum!
Thanks for reading my Intro--please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions, or just to say "hi
Minx :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi minx,

Thanks for sharing your story. I know many, if not all of us here, can identify with everything you said.

I'm so glad you found this forum, it has and continues to be a great help to me and undoubtedly many, many others.

That is great news that you are taking Suboxone and that you also understand you will have to work for the rest of your life to stay clean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to say welcome! I hope you stick around and keep posting.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome! You will find lots of info and support here. Thanks for sharing your story.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Greetings....and welcome!