It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just introducing myself
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone!! I'm new to the forum, been on Subs for about 3months and this is my 2nd time on them. First time I didn't follow the program. So now 5 yrs later I'm back on it and hoping to
Succeed this time..
I'm just having a lot of side effects and I think most is from the Subs so if anyone can help I will move to the proper board/topic for side effects. Great to be here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Just for 2day,

Glad to see that you have decided to get back on this life saving medication. It is not a "Perfect Medication" but it does save lives. I personally have been treating my addiction problems for around 7 years on Suboxone.

Can you be more specific in what and how much medication you are taking?. What milligrams do you take of suboxone? Do you dose just once a day. What other meds do you take along with it?

Thanks and welcome to the forum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi raudy1975... Thank you for responding. Well I have only been on the Subs for about 4 mos this time around and of course I do the group counseling and individual as well.. The entire program. I am on 8mg that I
Split into 4mg in the AM and 4Mg around 3PM. And I take 300mg of Wellbutrin Sr in the morning.
I've been battling this addiction for about 13 yrs.
I just feel like a total zombie on this stuff.. I hate feeling this way. I can't compare it to before I went on subs because that wouldn't be a realistic comparison, of course I had tons of energy then but I was using. I'm just so fatigued to a point I just lay all day because I have no energy or motivation . I feel so horrible on it that it really makes me wonder if it's worth it. I also have neausea all the time and get headaches and recently been getting horrible pain in my back n my legs. It's so many things and idk what is from the subs and what's from the wellbutrin and what could be something else maybe going on. My sub Dr has ordered some bloodwork but I haven't got it done yet, he wants to rule out any other problems that he can thru the bloodwork. But at this point I just feel like I'm existing and it's so horrible...I just wondered if anyone else had anything similar going on too. Thank you!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:47 pm 

Hey Just4, welcome to the forum.

The back pain and leg pain isn't common side effects on buprenorphine. The headaches are sometimes common until u adjust and nausea can also happen if ur taking more than ur tolerance, but both these do go away as u adjust. I adjusted in about 2 weeks to a month, at 4 months in u should have adjusted by now.

It's very possible that u have other issues going on and u should absolutely do the blood work ur doctor has suggested. I don't think u should automatically assume it's from buprenorphine because once u stop ur drug of choice, other issues can appear that u wouldn't have noticed while using.

Ur going to notice a difference in energy, but that's not necessarily from suboxone. I started abusing opiates because it gave me energy. Suboxone doesn't really give u that feeling like the opiates did concerning energy.

I'd definitely do the blood work. Also, maybe the Wellbutrin is making u sleepy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:55 pm 

Also I deleted ur other topic in side effects since all ur information is on this thread. Ppl get confused when there's several posts about the same issues, they don't know where to post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:35 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello J42Day,
Welcome back to Recovery .... Your post caught my eye because I take some of the same meds that you mentioned .. I have been on Suboxone for 8+ years and I'm currently on the same does as you 8/2 mgs. Daily I also take 300xl Wellbutrin.
I'm sorry to hear you're having some side effects with the medication. As I said I take the same amount of both drugs and have No issue's at all. Obviously we are all different and our bodies react differently to the Meds.But I just wanted to let you know that I'm doing well on the same medication.. I would recommend getting the Blood work done that the Dr. is requesting and Hopefully they can get some answers for you. Whatever happens hang in there! Things will get better, They will get the meds right and with the counseling and some hard work you will start to feel better and Life will get better ... Thanks for sharing your story and please keep posting so we know how you're doing..
I wish you all the Best in Recovery.

God Bless
~ T

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi just4today,

I have that Zombie effect and some of the others too. Headaches first thing are common for me. This comment hit hard as I can relate "I feel like I'm existing and it's so horrible" Ive felt like that the 2 yrs ive been on subs. Emotionless, flat.But it may be something else for me (see below). Im also much better now ive dropped my dose. Dont give up. That must still feel better than using? I thought this is worse than using at one point. Then Cold, hard reality kicked in and I remembered some of the wds, lows and outright hell from using. This didnt even come close to that. Your post comes across good, you sound sharp.

I dont know or have the answers. I was on 12mg and I went to 8mg a few weeks back. The side effects are much less. It also looks like I have low testosterone so very difficult to say. Did the subs cause this, was it prior drug use. Who knows.

One thing for sure I find bupe worked better than anything else to get me off and on the straight and narrow.

Also hard to gauge as you have not been on it long. Do you mind me asking what your drug of choice was? What was before the bupe.

One thing for sure "less is more" worth trying to drop a tiny a bit and monitor how you go?

One other thing and I'm sure its happened. When I started on subs I stupidely thought it was worth trying to snort it or plug it. This was a fking stupid idea. The old addict was still there. This made the side effects 10 X worse.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Chrs

Last edited by AFreshStart1 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry bloody obvious I know but I found a good diet, excercise and most of all, drinking lots of fluids helped. Wasnt a cure but helped.

I also found taking over the counter meds like paracetamal, nytol. Even my anti depressents made the side effects worse. Is there "anything" else that could contribute?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:14 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

can you split your dose in 2mg at a time?
i had terrible joint pain after quitting cold turkey and after quitting using suboxone
i do have an appt with a rhuematologist, BUT my pain is going away on its own and similar to the weeks ow pain i had when i quit CT, it just tasted WAY longer on the subs.
i hears its not a side effect, then again, neither is weight loss, but a lot of us experience it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:01 pm 

SisterMorphine wrote:
i had terrible joint pain after quitting cold turkey and after quitting using suboxone
i do have an appt with a rhuematologist, BUT my pain is going away on its own and similar to the weeks ow pain i had when i quit CT, it just tasted WAY longer on the subs.
i hears its not a side effect, then again, neither is weight loss, but a lot of us experience it.

Good lord, I wish weight loss was a side effect for me. Maybe the type of metabolism you already have is just highlighted in some way. I don't know.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:13 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
SisterMorphine wrote:

Good lord, I wish weight loss was a side effect for me. Maybe the type of metabolism you already have is just highlighted in some way. I don't know.

Amy

RIGHT??? i totally meant weight GAIN!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:59 pm 

But some people lose! And I just inherited my mom's crappy ease of weight gain. Her whole family and my cousins on that side always struggle. I have actually maintained the same weight for about 10 years now.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:19 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
But some people lose! And I just inherited my mom's crappy ease of weight gain. Her whole family and my cousins on that side always struggle. I have actually maintained the same weight for about 10 years now.

Amy

i look back and laugh at the times when i tried to GAIN WEIGHT. like in high school. i tried so hard to gain weigh so I would have boobs! i only weighed 104 in h.s. not even enough to donate blood and get out of class like all my friends!
i'm over 140 now. i don't mind how i look except for my belly. i'm liking the bigger boobs and actual hips for the 1st time in my life, BUT i don't want to gain anymore. one issue at a time i guess!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:28 pm 

Lol! We all have our extra crosses to bear. :)

Amy