It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just wanted to post my experience quick with having a baby on Sub..
My daughter was born on May 19th 2012 @ 4:57am.. As of tomorrow she will be 4 days old and has experienced NO TYPE of withdrawals whatsoever. Throughout my whole pregnancy I used Subutex, started out @ 8mg in the beginning and by the end I was taking 16-24mg depending on how I felt. I started to metabolize the Bupe differently and thats why my dose changed, also my blood volume increased due to the pregnancy and that played a major part in it. I just wanted to help ease others concerns a little if I could about being on these meds while pregnant. My daughter is completely healthy, She was 6lbs 5oz., No withdrawals, completely perfect. The only draw backs to these meds while pregnant I would say are pain control during labor & delivery, The hospital told me they wouldnt work because of the sub so I had to do it natural, but even that was well worth it. I couldnt be happier with my choice to remain on Sub and I couldnt have a more perfect, beautiful little girl. I hope I helped someone by posting this, I know it can be nerve racking not knowing whats the best or right thing to do. Good Luck to all the mommy's to be!

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats Amanda! I hope you're enjoying your new baby.

Real quick - did they say that an epidural wouldn't work...because Sub shouldn't interfere with that. I could see why IV pain meds wouldn't work, but the epi should be fine.

Regardless, props to you for taking care of yourself and your baby! Good luck and keep us posted.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats Sodone that is fantastic :)

Occasionally people do jump off high doses of Sub and not experience withdrawal. Perhaps your baby is one of the lucky ones. There is a possibility that withdrawal has not started yet, and it's important to be aware of this possibility should your baby start to exhibit symptoms. The higher dose a person (or baby) jumps off, the longer it can take for symptoms to emerge. I sincerely hope that this will not happen, and your baby is exceptionally lucky :)

Good luck!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats so great, great job MAMA

Thanks for sharing your story, its so nice to hear the good ones!!!!!!!!

and like diary said, ENJOY that baby :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Congratulations!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations, Sodone! I'm happy to hear your baby is doing so well!
I'm also pregnant and my doctor just increased my dose from 4mgs per day to 8 mgs per day due to increased metabolism and blood volume. Apparently, its normal for some pregnant women to metabolize sub a little differently as they progress into the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I'm currently only taking 6 mgs per day because that seems to work for me, but my doctor told me that if i need to increase to 8 mgs, that would be fine.
She also has a couple other sub patients that recently had beautiful babies with no indication of withdrawal or problems. I always enjoy hearing the positive stories from mothers who have children while taking suboxone. Of course, I tend to worry about what might happen when I deliver in November, and I pray there's no withdrawal in my baby, but i know this is a possibility.
Congratulations again! Its fantastic to hear that things went well for you and your little one. Enjoy your little girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations Amanda!!

I'm so glad that everything turned out so well, what a blessing!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Sodone and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You've been here about a year now and many of us have been around for much of your pregnancy. I think I speak for all of us when I say we couldn't be happier for you right now.

Considering I've been reading stories like yours here for over 3 years, yours is not unique. Many, many newborns whose moms were on sub didn't suffer NAS and were perfect, tiny human beings.

Enjoy this time and remember to take LOADS of pictures. :mrgreen:

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations!! Babies are awesome!! So happy for you

What does NAS stand for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much everyone! :)
NAS- "neonatal abstinence syndrome"- basically its when a baby is born with drug withdrawals.

I just wanted to share how healthy and perfect she is so maybe another mommy to be would be a little reassured about taking Sub during pregnancy.. its def. better than the alternative and better than putting yourself even at risk for relapse and im sure most would say they know they wouldnt relapse but the truth is, dont EVER under estimate the power of addiction cause its a force greater than most.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject: Congrats!!
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am so happy to hear that your baby girl is doing so well!! I am currently 35 weeks preggo, and am taking 8mg/daily of subutex. I definitely feel that I am metabolizing it a lot quicker, but I am afraid to go up on my dose. They told me that it could take 5 days for withdrawals to present in newborns, so hospital policy is that they will keep her for at least 5 days, and I only get to stay for max 3 :cry: unless I have a c-section. I am freaking out a little about it, but I know that I am doing what is best for me and my children by taking care of myself and my addiction. Thank you again for your post and I would love to hear from you again
~~Ashley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:12 am 

Amanda, I am so happy for you and your family! Newborns are so precious! Enjoy your time with your new baby girl.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other moms in the same situation. I'm sure it helps relieve the nerves of pregnant moms on sub to read of your experience.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats sodone!! its so wonderful to hear these stories of good news!! Im due in 6 weeks and ive gotten down to 2mg...and I am worried about NAS. Hearing your story makes me feel so much better!! Now that its been a week, did the baby still not show any signs of NAS? Did your OB and hospital nurses know about the sub? Did they keep your baby for any extra time or anything? Thanks for sharing your wonderful story!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey momma30,
Today is 1 week since my princess was born and she is still perfect, not one single symptom of NAS and I was on a relatively high dose of bupe. Yes every single doctor knew about the Sub, some knew what it was and others didnt but they didnt judge me or treat me any different. I had the baby around 5am Saturday morning and was discharged from the hospital Monday morning around 10am. My experience was good and best of all my baby is HEALTHY!! Good luck momma30, everything will be fine :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:12 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Congrats sending many blessing toward your beautiful family hopefully you could post pictures!