It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just so Grateful...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As I'm sitting out here in the porch swing drinking my morning smoothie I have really been reflecting on my life and I realize that I have so much to be thankful for. I feel like a completely different person, yall. I don't know how to word it but I will try my best. I'm happy. There is no dark cloud hanging over me anymore and the difference is like night and day. I wont say I was craving pills when I was coming off Suboxone as bad as I was just craving "something", like something was missing in my heart of hearts. I just feel so much love for everyone again now instead of feeling irritated and aggravated by the people I'm around. I want to be around people now an I'm going to the beach this week to lay out in the sun with a friend that I haven't seen in ages. When I was coming off the subs, I would unplug our house phone and hope that no one would message me, while I slept the day away. On Mothers Day I gave my mom a card and a big ol hug and kiss and she had tears in her eyes and said she was so happy that I came out of my cave. She was referring to my bedroom as a cave. All I did was stay in the bed like a person confined to a hospital bed. The only time I would get up would be to go smoke, which thank goodness I quit that. That's another thing but I think I told you already, I actually started back smoking again right at the end of my taper. I'm assuming that was the "looking for something" for lack of better word. But anyway you guys I just want to take a minute to express how much better I feel now that I'm back on my Suboxone. You guys know that I have a lot of time on my hands so I have been checking out Suboxone videos and I love the positive one, like Rocking Roberta and JustSid. Justsid doesn't talk too much about Suboxone but she works in a Suboxone clinic and has dealt with addiction all her life so she talks some about addiction. But anyway I try to listen to positive addiction type YouTube videos everyday and I do visit the Suboxone forum every day and read about you guys and what all is going on, even if I don't leave a comment every time. I have got a few private messages from a you guys and I try to at least send you back a paragraph or something. Thank you for checking on me, that makes me feel so loved, which is something I have always felt ever since joining this forum. Like I said in the beginning, finding this forum was like coming home for the first time in my life. But I will close by saying if nothing else I feel like I will want or need Suboxone for the rest of my life if for nothing else the mental aspect of it. My heart is just so full of gratitude for everything and everybody and I just wanted to share that with you all. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Your very grateful friend, Angie

Post subject: Re: Just so Grateful...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:33 pm 

I'm very grateful too!!! All these years later, I'm just as grateful as the day I started this treatment. It's very easy for me to remember the dark days. I was confined to my bedroom during the time of my just out of rehab period. It was miserable.

I have a porch swing too! The other day there was a wasp nest so I'm unable to swing at the moment because I'm not going near it :) but it's surrounded by my plants and it's such a peaceful place. Peace of mind is everything right!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks Angie for posting such an uplifting comment. It's like a breath of fresh air because sometimes the negativity from other members on the forum can be emotionally draining. Your positive attitude and kind demeanor help make this forum a safe and welcoming place for those in need of support from like minded individuals. After everything you've been through, I'm so happy to see such an improvement in your mood and outlook on life. It's very inspiring.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh Angie, thank you for your uplifting words! It's just wonderful to see you so happy and content swinging on your porch soaking up the good life.

You really got a bad situation handed to you and you made it through & look where you are now! I'm in a very good place right now too. I've settled into my current dose of 4.5 and am very proud as that last drop from 5 to 4.5 took quite a while. Ran into some depression that was pretty bad, but it passed and I came out the other side with energy and happiness.

Goodness comes to those who wait. Right? I see so much goodness in your life right now.

Thanks again for your lovely words. Something we can all use. Your Forum Friend Dee!