It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Man oh man, where do I start? Been a long, painful, eye opening 4 years that i've put myself and my loved ones through hell. I've tried suboxone once before back in July, and it worked, for the opiates. I was still using cocaine and my sub doc told me that if I came back in the next week and tested positive for cocaine, he would refer me to the inpatient program. Being i am a full time employee, and part time student I just couldn't afford this. I relapsed, and didn't go back to him. Fast forward to November 9th, I entered myself into a faith based halfway house. I stayed 15 days, and relapsed the day after I arrived home. Fast forward to today, this morning I went back to the sub doc. He was willing to give me another chance, thankfully! Suboxone is truly a miracle drug. I will accomplish what I have sat out to do, and I will not be a victim of this deadly disease called addiction. I want this, for life. Suboxone is truly amazing. I feel great. I don't feel high, I feel....normal. It feels amazing too! I want to be an active member of this website and I encourage any and all comments. Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let me be the first to say congrats on your decision to clean yourself up!! It's truly an intelligent mind that knows and admits that they have a problem and knows that a solution exists..and takes the necessary avenues to get to that solution.

You're correct on Suboxone (you can read my story in the introductions area), because I've got quite a few years of playing with opiates. I'm 33 years old, and I started with low-dose lortab 5's when I was 21. Didn't get into them much until age 23..but I knew I liked them. At 23, I was eating them like candy. Lost job...pawning possessions...for a year or so..then off again (on my own). Over the next few years I slowly fell into a rut..but when I went off the deep end, I was 26 or 27..and I really went in to addiction. Eating 15 or more lortab 10's a day..moved up to Oxy 80mg...snorted those...and continued on for about 7 months doing just OC's. I was so close to ending it all that I had already decided I was going to use my motorcycle and run it up a tree to "get out"....

I nearly lost my family..kids..wife of 13 years...

We'll celebrate our 14 year anniversary in June...because I got my life back and have been clean now for over 3 years. It's a VERY long, and hard road, but YOU CAN DO IT. Don't let ANYONE bring you down or tell you that you're doing it wrong...as long as you maintain your sobriety, you're doing it RIGHT...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Johnathon! I am very optimistic about the outcome this time. It gladdens me to see that you have been clean for 3 years, and you didn't lose everything to this disease. I to, have a very loving g/f and family that have stuck beside me through all of this. I am very happy that they decided to give me another chance, lord knows i don't deserve it. I also was big into OC 80s. I was doing up to two a day, until they changed the formula, then I moved to opanas. I was doing atleast 80mg a day. It was awful. Pawning my possessions, my g/f's items, and my familys. I even pawned my g/f's moms gun. I did retrieve it back, thankfully, and everything turned out to be ok. I have a new hope, for a future. I can live the AMERICAN DREAM! I love to think that I will be able to have a family, a marriage, and a good faithful life. Thank you for your story, I will read your thread. :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

csquared wrote:
Thank you Johnathon! I am very optimistic about the outcome this time. It gladdens me to see that you have been clean for 3 years, and you didn't lose everything to this disease. I to, have a very loving g/f and family that have stuck beside me through all of this. I am very happy that they decided to give me another chance, lord knows i don't deserve it. I also was big into OC 80s. I was doing up to two a day, until they changed the formula, then I moved to opanas. I was doing atleast 80mg a day. It was awful. Pawning my possessions, my g/f's items, and my familys. I even pawned my g/f's moms gun. I did retrieve it back, thankfully, and everything turned out to be ok. I have a new hope, for a future. I can live the AMERICAN DREAM! I love to think that I will be able to have a family, a marriage, and a good faithful life. Thank you for your story, I will read your thread. :)

My wife and I have been together a VERY long time. I truly believe had it not been for her standing beside me and seeing it through with me, that I would not have found the road to recovery as easy ...

We were each others firsts...at everything...all those years ago. So that means a lot, and we have a very stable relationship now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
csquared wrote:

My wife and I have been together a VERY long time. I truly believe had it not been for her standing beside me and seeing it through with me, that I would not have found the road to recovery as easy ...

We were each others firsts...at everything...all those years ago. So that means a lot, and we have a very stable relationship now.

That is truly amazing! My current g/f and I have been together for 10 months. I don't know how she has put up with me, but i have realized that she does not deserve the person that I was, but she is deserving of the person i'm becoming. :)