It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Just decided to post...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some of you remember me. A few probably remember me pretty well... and no explanation is needed..
Since I'm beta testing many pieces of hardware ..looks like I'll be dropping in more often now. I'm having to spend time sitting at my desktop, filing reports, answering engineer questions, etc..
so my time spent on a computer has gone from zero to much, much more in the past month.
It works out well though...
I get to test a new product before it's launched..in exchange, I get to keep it free of charge.
My most recent that just became public and has been released is a VERY nice router..
When I say nice, I mean the price right now is $499.00
So...there it is..

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:26 pm 

Good to see an old pro back with us, welcome Jon. You were someone I read
often when I first got here back in early 2012.
I know you ve been though alot and have great knowledge. I understand you have your hands full at home but it ll be good for you to post here . :D

Razor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:13 pm 

Hi Johnathan, welcome back! I do remember the name but not your story. Sorry about that! Are you still taking suboxone? If so, how are you doing with it? Glad to have you back!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sift through the mod area, you might find my name there. I'm not sure if any posts from that time period are still here, as they might've been deleted..
I think you may have joined after the hatmaker stuff happened...

Anyway, yep..been on sub since 2008. Still on it, no plans to stop. Been here since around December of 2011 I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:02 pm 

Hey jonathanm1978, I blink and time passes so quickly! Good to have you back on the forum. Most of us mods know you and still say thanks for helping out way back when. Your talent on the computer makes my brain hurt. We just let Dr. J's support staff do all the work and we just keep the trolls at bay. Same as when you were here helping us. Nothing has really changed. Just the names of the trolls are different but their behavior is the same. You know them as well as I do.

Also good to know you're still on Bupe. Me too, with no complaints either. IMO, it's still a wonder drug that saved my life from misery. My wife says I'm the best person I've ever been since I got induced. That says a lot about the benefits of ORT.

Don't be such a stranger. We need your experience, strength, and hope on this forum. No member can ever be sure if they saved a life one day by just posting their story. Mini miracles we call them.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
Hey jonathanm1978, I blink and time passes so quickly! Good to have you back on the forum. Most of us mods know you and still say thanks for helping out way back when. Your talent on the computer makes my brain hurt. We just let Dr. J's support staff do all the work and we just keep the trolls at bay. Same as when you were here helping us. Nothing has really changed. Just the names of the trolls are different but their behavior is the same. You know them as well as I do.

Also good to know you're still on Bupe. Me too, with no complaints either. IMO, it's still a wonder drug that saved my life from misery. My wife says I'm the best person I've ever been since I got induced. That says a lot about the benefits of ORT.

Don't be such a stranger. We need your experience, strength, and hope on this forum. No member can ever be sure if they saved a life one day by just posting their story. Mini miracles we call them.

rule

I'll be coming around more often... I think with the loss of a very close personal friend, it's done something I didn't realize..pushed me to rekindling ..
I would hope someone finds my story and says "that's me!!" and they realize the hope and possibility that lies in recovery.

For a long time, I got away from sites totally. I hate to say that I almost let one bad experience ruin me from every doing forum-based sites again, but I did. I just got to the point where I figured it didn't matter if I logged in and posted a few things... And that's unusual for me. I used to be the person who would argue until the sun went down. No matter what, I would not give up my argument, period. But..something changed I guess. I don't care about arguing..or being right. In most cases now, I just care that I know the facts, and the truth.. but that is so different than what I used to be. Years of being on sites like this, having people test authority to see how far they can push you..I guess eventually you get to the point where you just say "I'm done."...or "it's not worth it"...

The abundance of those who supported me here was unknown to me...at the time I had no clue that there was even just 1 who knew better...
Either way...I'm back.
No relapses...no slips..still going strong. 8 years+. July 7, 2008...
I don't even remember the last time I drank a beer... Plenty of coffee though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 pm 

I am grateful that you are back and I personally missed you. You are a great source of information and you're not afraid to really investigate and find the truth. Have I always agreed with your tone as you disseminate the truth? Maybe not. But I'm usually around to smooth any ruffled feathers. :wink:

You know that you and I share the recent loss of an important friend. I didn't talk to Scott every day, but we were always sharing funny things that we found and messaging back and forth. The knowledge that I can never see him or talk to him again is the thing that makes me feel so bereft. He's been such a large part of my life and such an example of who I want to emulate that the pain will never go away. But I have a million memories and so much laughter to think back on. I hope that you can also find comfort in thinking about all the good times you had with your friend.

You coming back to the forum is a bright spot for me during a time when life has been difficult. Like I said, I'm grateful for you being here, Jonathan. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there Jonathon, my Bama buddy. I for one am so dang glad your returning. I have read so much of your post in from the past especially when I was just a lurker. I am looking forward to seeing your responds here around the forum. Sorry to hear about you loosing a friend as well. ttyl--- Bamagirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Normally, when I'm sitting here thinking of a response to make to someone ...I try to be as eloquent with my wording as I can. That doesn't always work, because I'll get in a rush trying to get my point across or forget to say things I meant to say..so it's not always that way, but most times I'll strive for that.

I think back on life and things I could've done / should've done...and I possess a gift that I found out about in high school...but I never put it to good use. I was in gifted classes for the longest..but it got boring and repetitious for me. I excelled in English to the point that I was placed in some top percentile and had my name and photo in a book that was national..
And still to this day, I can't stand to see misspelled words. If I'm typing something and misspell something, I've tried to explain this to my wife, but she doesn't see it the same way as me...but it stands out. It's like...a misspelled word looks different to me than correctly spelled words. I dunno, it's hard to describe. But that's what got me where I was in high school. As far as IQ and such...I dunno. I want to say 116 or so..but I can't be for sure what the test results showed..that was 20+ years ago.

I find it demeaning when someone talks down to me, so I try to not let something as ignorant as intelligence hinder my ability to rationally speak to people online. It doesn't always work out, because you can't hear someone's tone of voice in a typed text...but usually I don't mean things in a demeaning fashion.

It's good to have somewhere to go...and just spend some time talking...or in this case, typing to others. I still have a few more months as a stay home parent...and the real pain begins (my baby girl that I've spent every day..from birth until now...starts school). I don't know how I will handle that. My other kids, I wasn't that bonded with because I was the working parent. This time, for my youngest...I'm not the working parent and I've been the one at home since birth...so it's definitely going to be a challenge for me. But I look at it like this..I still got a few months to enjoy her every day. And I might still decide to home-school...but that's something I don't want to take lightly if it's done...it's her education and life that I'll be placing in my hands...so I'm not going to take something like that and just decide for selfish reasons that I should do that.

Anyway....I'll be around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:52 am 

Hey, Jonathan. I can't totally tell from your response, but it seems like you might have taken one sentence of my post to heart, and just totally ignored the rest of it. "Have I always agreed with your tone...?" Did you take that as a criticism? It wasn't meant to be. Did you see the sentences that surrounded it? Things like:

"I am grateful that you are back and I personally missed you."

Or perhaps this:

"You coming back to the forum is a bright spot for me during a time when life has been difficult. Like I said, I'm grateful for you being here, Jonathan."

Did you really just let me respond to you in an emotional and empathetic way (about our deceased friends) and not respond to any of my heartfelt warm fuzzies?

If I did not already recognize this as a pattern of yours, I might get all offended. (I am joking.) My intuition tells me that you feel more comfortable receiving criticism than you do in receiving praise, which is why you attached much more importance to the comment I made about tone than to the comments about the fact that having you back is a bright light in my relatively bleak (at the moment) world. Do you think I say that about everyone? Do you think that I made that comment lightly? Do you imagine that I am always so effusive with praise?

Think of this. Perhaps I even made one slightly critical comment so that it wouldn't appear to the entire forum that I was throwing myself at you. Ever think of that? (You better have a smile on your face right now.)

Jonathan, by the next time I check in here you had better have a nice response to the fact that I completely embarrassed myself in front of everyone to try to make you understand that I'm happy you are posting again. I expect you to say something nice about me, or at the very least, someone else on this forum. (And Dr. Junig doesn't count.) I want you to do this to prove to me that you are capable of accepting praise and/or compliments, or I will lose all faith in my ability to be charming. You don't want to be responsible for that, do you???

Amy

Last edited by Amy-Work In Progress on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because I'm trying to make my grammar perfect for Jonathan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Hey, Jonathan. I can't totally tell from your response, but it seems like you might have taken one sentence of my post to heart, and just totally ignored the rest of it. "Have I always agreed with your tone...?" Did you take that as a criticism? It wasn't meant to be. Did you see the sentences that surrounded it? Things like:

"I am grateful that you are back and I personally missed you."

Or perhaps this:

"You coming back to the forum is a bright spot for me during a time when life has been difficult. Like I said, I'm grateful for you being here, Jonathan."

Did you really just let me respond to you in an emotional and empathetic way (about our deceased friends) and not respond to any of my heartfelt warm fuzzies?

If I did not already recognize this as a pattern of yours, I might get all offended. (I am joking.) My intuition tells me that you feel more comfortable receiving criticism than you do in receiving praise, which is why you attached much more importance to the comment I made about tone than to the comments about the fact that having you back is a bright light in my relatively bleak (at the moment) world. Do you think I say that about everyone? Do you think that I made that comment lightly? Do you imagine that I am always so effusive with praise?

Think of this. Perhaps I even made one slightly critical comment so that it wouldn't appear to the entire forum that I was throwing myself at you. Ever think of that? (You better have a smile on your face right now.)

Jonathan, by the next time I check in here you had better have a nice response to the fact that I completely embarrassed myself in front of everyone to try to make you understand that I'm happy you are posting again. I expect you to say something nice about me, or at the very least, someone else on this forum. (And Dr. Junig doesn't count.) I want you to do this to prove to me that you are capable of accepting praise and/or compliments, or I will lose all faith in my ability to be charming. You don't want to be responsible for that, do you???

Amy

If it makes you feel better, I am greatly appreciative of what you said.

But to be honest, none of that was directed at you. I said that because I sometimes go into left field with something I'm trying to say...and it doesn't always come across as being explanatory...just looks like I'm trying to be a d*ck. I've read thing I've posted ..months later...and even I sometimes wonder why I said all that to just make one point. But it's just how I've always been.

And I did refer to you in an earlier post here...this:

Quote:
The abundance of those who supported me here was unknown to me...at the time I had no clue that there was even just 1 who knew better...

I may have been too subtle with that hint. But that was meant for you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 am 

Mostly I wanted to make sure that you had taken in the positives and weren't dwelling on anything that could have seemed negative.

Mission accomplished. Thanks.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Mostly I wanted to make sure that you had taken in the positives and weren't dwelling on anything that could have seemed negative.

Mission accomplished. Thanks.

Amy

You are welcomed to chime in with my wife, in unison, in calling me an a$$hole.
If I don't get that at least once a day, I feel left out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:01 pm 

I already like your wife, asshole.

Amy