It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

how long before you can get the euphoric effects a hydrocodene pill after stopping use of sub. im not breaking over but one of my friends wanted to ask this for some essay hes writing in a physc class

thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Subfilm,

In my experience {which seems to be out of the norm} I was able to feel the 1st pill {which was not a vicioden but was a 40mg oxy} 24 hours after my last 4mgs of suboxone. Although, many if not most will say days or even longer.

I would like to express the FACT that its not worth it to relapse my life on suboxone is 100 percent better, compared to my life on oxys :!: :!: Tell your friend its not a wise choice :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:18 pm 
your friend's essay in psych class, huh?
If you're an addict, and I'm guessing you are if you're on the film, you're going to waste a lot of hydro, a lot of money and go through a lot more heartache if you try to go off sub to get a "euphoric effect". It's like someone here recently said, you take sub when you're at the end of the road, not so you can circle the block.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lilly wrote:
If you're an addict, and I'm guessing you are if you're on the film, you're going to waste a lot of hydro, a lot of money and go through a lot more heartache if you try to go off sub to get a "euphoric effect". It's like someone here recently said, you take sub when you're at the end of the road, not so you can circle the block.

I mean sorry but really a friends essay in psych class comon bro.

Were not stupid take this trash some were else. Cause we are hear to support eachother to stay of painkillers not give info on how to get high after takeing suboxone cause you prolly couldnt score anything but sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This does sound suspicious...seriously. BUT, how long it will take would depend on how long and how much sub you took first most likely. If you simply took one sub ever in your life then you could probably feel a hydro same day or even next day. If you were on sub for a long time, you may never get a euphoric effect from a hydro or at least not for several weeks to even months or ever.

I can say after 3 months off long term sub, I could not get a euphoria from sub. It would marginally relieve pain but not well and there was ZERO euphoria from it. Percocet or oxycodone was a little better after 3 months, but no euphoria like I did before sub. That was at 3 months off sub. So.................it can be a while.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i wouldn't trade one subutex for 10 oxy's or 50 hydro's feel a lot better on subs than i ever did on that other junk!! hope you are not about to relapse and this is really a essay question. hang in there bro

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ask a question and im about to relapse.........ill never ask on here again since some of you are so smart to see the future and imply things that arent true. thought i liked this forum. thought it had ppl that would help you out not just imply what they were thinking, and even if there wasnt an essay due which there is and its not for me.....i wouldnt trade my sub either but he wants to know. ill give u his email if you would like and you can send all your second guessing to him. will be the last question i ask on here since most of you can read minds and im not talking about all you just ones like bboy42287. theres plenty of other forums without assholes......and again i dont mean you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Bboy42287 wrote:
Lilly wrote:

I mean sorry but really a friends essay in psych class comon bro.

Were not stupid take this trash some were else. Cause we are hear to support eachother to stay of painkillers not give info on how to get high after takeing suboxone cause you prolly couldnt score anything but sub.

bye the way keep your mouth shut if cant answer the question in a nice way. take your smartelleck crap somewere else were punks will appreciate it not the nice ppl of this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Subfilm, I'm sorry that you are offended or upset. But you have to admit, asking such a question on a recovery site under the auspices of a psych paper for a friend is a bit questionable. Nothing said to you here was an attack of any kind, so please take care not too attack others with your words and avoid name-calling. Again, I'm sorry you feel that way. Statements made to you were generally in the spirit of supporting your recovery out of mutual addict concern. I hope you don't leave the forum based solely on this.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I recently wrote this on another thread but it may very well apply here as well:

"I have observed for many long years now that people seem to get the most upset at someone when that someone tells them something that they deep down know is true but that they wished wasn't."

I think it fits because otherwise, the response I would have expected would have been something more like "Oh, yeah, I can see how that question may have looked a bit fishy, but no, I really do have a friend that I'm helping out here."

Either way, as a recovery board, most of us don't much care about the euphoria that we once chased from opiates. In fact, for many of us, we are trying desperately to forget about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

donh wrote:
I recently wrote this on another thread but it may very well apply here as well:

"I have observed for many long years now that people seem to get the most upset at someone when that someone tells them something that they deep down know is true but that they wished wasn't."

I think it fits because otherwise, the response I would have expected would have been something more like "Oh, yeah, I can see how that question may have looked a bit fishy, but no, I really do have a friend that I'm helping out here."

Either way, as a recovery board, most of us don't much care about the euphoria that we once chased from opiates. In fact, for many of us, we are trying desperately to forget about that.

This the reason i got so upset. i know myself an many others on hear dont want to think about the euphoria we can get from painkillers cause thats what most of us were addicted to was that felling. And no matter how deep iam into my recovery ill always think about that euphoria. so the last thing i want to see on a thread that is for helping people for get those fellings is a new member with out all the bs he feed us asking how come my painkillers arent working after i took suboxone!

And if im wrong an this really is a question i apologize but lve also noticed this. I can say ive done it myself!

And i said what i had to say im not going to get into a trolling argument with this guy an like i said if im wrong i apologize but ive seen this to many times at my internship with kids asking this question.

Post subject: Re: wow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

subfilm1980 wrote:
ask a question and im about to relapse.........ill never ask on here again since some of you are so smart to see the future and imply things that arent true. thought i liked this forum. thought it had ppl that would help you out not just imply what they were thinking, and even if there wasnt an essay due which there is and its not for me.....i wouldnt trade my sub either but he wants to know. ill give u his email if you would like and you can send all your second guessing to him. will be the last question i ask on here since most of you can read minds and im not talking about all you just ones like bboy42287. theres plenty of other forums without assholes......and again i dont mean you all.

A response like this really just serves to generate additional doubt about the premise of your original post. I'm sorry, but your question sounded exactly like what bboy42287 described - an addict in the throes of active addiction who was only able to score some suboxone and now wants to know how long it will take to be able to "get off on" regular stuff again.

Tell you what, if you're really serious about this, send me a PM and I'll be happy to talk about it with you off board. This is not the type of discussion that furthers the primary purpose of this forum.