It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I've been on Suboxone since July of 2009 (after relapsing after a short stint on it at the beginning of 2009). Some of you may remember me from my previous posts, several of which concerned decreasing my Suboxone dose.

I'm currently at .5mg and have been here for about two weeks now. For me, every decrease (from 20mg - 1mg) has not come without some w/d -- some decreases worse than others of course. And, it's not been just physical. I've been at .5mg before and have ended up returning to 4mg (even 6mg at one time) because of cravings. So far, this time the cravings have been extremely minimal. That is HUGE for me. In fact, it was the cravings and the head-stuff ("head stuff" is code for wanting to stick a gun to my head and pull the trigger) that spurred me to get back on Suboxone after I had successfully detoxed (physically) from oxys in May of 2009.

Anyway, I had gotten over the w/d from my drop from 1mg to .5mg. Then, the past couple of days have brought back the w/d, not bad... but I'm feeling it. I know that it's due to the inaccuracy of my dosing. So, I finally started the liquid method this morning. Instead of taking one of my quartered tablets (and trying to lick the dust from the pill splitter), I dissolved a 2mg tablet in 2 tsps of water. I took 1/4 tsp this morning (which eventually relieved the w/d symptoms that I woke with). It's my hope that using the liquid method to dose twice a day will alleviate the kind of anxiety, irritability, and restlessness that I had last night and that I won't wake in withdrawal as I did this morning. Otherwise, I'm afraid that my summer will be so busy (my son's graduation, etc) that I will increase my dose simply because I can't keep feeling like crap and being lethargic (let alone living in the bathroom) and still do what I need to do at work and for my family.

I would appreciate any and all support that I can get in this endeavor. My hope is to be Sub-free by end of summer. That's just a goal, not a deadline. Everyone on this forum always has been very supportive. I appreciate that. I've been encouraged by many of the posts that I've read here.

Thanks as always!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, chistin. Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you're here. We are on the same dose, by the way. I'm another .5-er. Getting from 1 to .5 was not easy for me, either.

I still am on Sub, and I certainly don't have the magic method but I can at least share what I've found works. I should tell you, too, that I've tried tapering many. many time and flunked miserably, gone back up on my dose, etc. This is the LAST time I will ever attempt tapering off Sub, so if I fail, I surrender and will take Sub 'forever', which I do not want to do. I just know I don't have another failure in me. So, I'm taking this taper insanely seriously and I don't want to mess it up!! I also was on a high dose for a long time...even higher than you (32 mg).

I don't have opiate cravings, so I don't have to deal with that. I have had some alcohol cravings during this taper, which is significant because alcohol was my beloved drug of choice and I'm in recovery for it. This craving crap happens when I push my taper too hard and run into the 'head stuff'. I don't know if alcohol and opiate cravings can be compared much, but if they can, I can tell you that over time, you learn to deal with cravings and not give into them. When I feel that urge, I acknowledge it, but then my mind flashes to all that I went through with drinking and all I nearly lost and could lose. I don't give in and it's been 5.5+ years since I drank. It can be done!!

As far as the 'head stuff'.....I identify entirely with you and how you described it. It is terrifying how black the world can turn. I dropped one time really fast and seriously considered shooting myself or driving off a nearby bridge. That was years ago but it was absolutely terrifying and stuck with me as a warning to what can happen to one's mind if they're not very careful. I'm much more concerned with this head stuff than sweats or pain or insomnia!! What I've learned is that there is a way to avoid this head crap, and it is called 'going slowly' and 'listening to your body'. You are so wise in making a goal and not a deadline. Deadlines mean you may have to push your body faster than it's willing to go, and that can lead to the black thoughts and nasty physical symptoms. What I'm doing to get my dose down is never taking my Sub until I start to 'feel' the stuff that tells me my body is demanding it. By doing that, I consistently keep delaying my doses and eventually, I end up dropping part of the second one because I took the first one so late. (I'm also dosing twice a day, and I've tried dosing once and simply cannot do it. Whatever works, right?) The other thing that I am personally doing is only dropping now by 1/16 of a mg at a time. That's just me, though. So, no matter how much I push my first dose back, I only remove a tiny amount of my second dose, although I do push that dose later into the night as well. If it goes smoothly the next day and the following days, great! Then, I can drop again very soon. If it doesn't go smoothly, then it is at least not too bad. I've noticed that if I drop too quickly, I push myself into a hole that is hard to climb out of. It sets me back so much and does not get me where i want to go faster.

In the near future, I'm also probably going to switch to only taking 1/8 mg at a time and spacing those out as far as I can. Then, I guess it will be 1/16 mg at a time. You have an advantage by being on the tabs, as they aren't as strong, so you are probably taking less than me, even though we are at the same dose. Plus, you can measure tiny doses with the tabs, by using the added liquid.

The thing I have to say about this method of dosing only as needed is that you have to be in the right mindset of really wanting to detach yourself from Sub. I've been working hard to keep myself in the mode of wanting to be off Sub and why I want to be off Sub. I've been working through the eagerness to take my Sub. Why should I want to take it when I want to get off it? However accurately I cut my pieces of Sub, I have a rule that I must always take the 'smaller' piece over the bigger piece. Later on, I end up getting to the bigger piece, but the point is that I am trying to act and think like someone who wants this and not someone who is being forced to do it. Does that make sense? You know what? Overall, I feel better at these lower Sub doses, not including the time I feel bad from a drop, of course. Do you? I am more excited about life in general. I firmly believe there is something to look forward to by getting off Sub. I'm excited and motivated by that. I'm telling you all this, because it stuck me as important that you are licking the pill cutter. BTW, that's very understandable. I've licked my tweezers to get the stuff I think must be on there. However, if we think of this as something we are being pushed by some outside force or being to do, I don't think our chances of making it are that great.

The last thing I'd say is that, just in case you get 'stuck' at a dose, don't give up and go way back up. That's what I always did whenever I got stuck and frustrated about it. It was always an all or nothing type deal. However, now I see the ridiculousness in that. So, if you drop and are thrown into w/d hell or mental blackness that is simply intolerable, go back up only to the dose you just dropped from and give it time. If you have a day that is simply too rough, try taking only enough to put you back and your previous dose. The next day, you can try the lower dose again. I had to do that and had to wait it out at 1 mg a loooong time and just hope that it would help in the future. It did. Even if you have to stay at a certain low dose for longer than you wanted to, you are still getting somewhere, because when you drop again later on, it will be way easier on you.

Okay. That's all just what my experience has told me. Whatever works for you is what's important. Good luck and keep updating!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:27 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks for sharing, ladytipper! May we both make it! Actually, I have to make it eventually. My doctor will not allow me to stay on Sub forever. He sees that as a failure in recovery. :roll: Although I would like to be off Suboxone if at all possible, I try to see active addiction as being the only way to "fail" at recovery.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Tapering
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 pm 

Hi Christin, and Welcome back. I've been here for almost a year now and am also tapering down. I'm just going to quote what Dr. Junig said on one of his webcam questions. (BTW, check that out when you have time) He said it's not wise to taper unless your goal is to get off of Suboxone completely. He thinks that there is no reason to deal with cravings until you are ready. The suggestion is 6 months to a year on Sub minimum. You've already done that.

So what I'm saying is, you're on the right track with a deadline already set.

I tapered from 4mg's to 2 over the last three weeks and that was asking too much. We are moving and are completely stressed out so tapering is not the right time for me, duh. Once I'm settled in the new digs then I can taper and jump. One must have their affairs in order, like you seem to have.

Congratulations on getting down that far again and we all wish you the very best in recovery. Keep posting. We all need to read your plight.

Tom

P.S. If you can't find the link to Dr. Junig's Q&A site, I'll insert it next post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:55 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Tom,

Thanks for the support. I know what it's like to try to taper at the wrong time. BTDT. I'm really hoping that this is the right time. I find that I get fixated on the drug when I start tapering. I'm feeling very good before I start and then, slowly (or not so slowly), my focus turns to the drug. I have to keep that in check.

The transition to the liquified Sub wasn't as smooth as I had hoped. But, it hasn't been bad either. I was hoping to eliminate the agitation, anxiety when I wasn't getting a good split on doses. But, it appears that my body needs to adjust to getting only 1/2 a dose at a time. I wonder if I'm absorbing the Sub as I should each time.

Can anyone tell me how long to keep the liquid in my mouth for maximum absorption? It was easier to figure that out when a solid was melting down to powder etc. I just keep salivating as I try to hold the Sub liquid in my mouth.

Thanks for any input.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:58 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Boy! Talk about screwing up someone's name! :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

christin wrote:
Boy! Talk about screwing up someone's name! :oops:

Don't worry, as I've been called a variety of things, such as 'LaddertRipper and LadderSTRipper'. Heehee. That's what I get for choosing such a nutty screen name.

Anyway, I keep my Sub under my tongue for a good fifteen minutes, since I've noticed that by the end of 15 minutes, that subtle sweetness is gone. It used to take much longer, but .25 doesn't take long to absorb. I was stressing over absorption too, but it suddenly occurred to me that I am going OFF Sub, so if I don't absorb it all, maybe that isn't so bad. There are times when I sense that I swallowed some of that precious little dose, and I get a bit panicked. Then, I tell myself that all I'm doing is making the next drop easier on myself! It's tough to not panic though and think "Man, I only get this tiny little bit!!! Did I mess it up?"

It's probably a good thing if you are splitting your dose, though, because I wouldn't think a person could hold a whole lot of liquid Sub under their tongue. Can you dilute the Sub less? Remember that the Sub can absorb through the other parts of your mouth too, though not as well. So, as long as you don't swallow it, it may still be getting into your blood.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Quote:
I was stressing over absorption too, but it suddenly occurred to me that I am going OFF Sub, so if I don't absorb it all, maybe that isn't so bad.

I get that mentality, I really do and I try to maintain that same kind of thinking. But, my problem isn't so much panic as I'm still going into mild w/d between doses, sometimes TWICE a day now that I've started dosing two times. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad (as I said before). It's just that I was hoping not to have any symptoms as it seems that I should already have adjusted to the lower dose and I was attributing the previous w/d to my horribly inaccurate divisions of the tablets.

I guess that I need to get an ml dropper. Currently, I'm dosing a quarter t-spoon each time, having diluted a 2mg tablet in 2 tsps of water. I'm assuming that I'm getting .25 mg each time. However, I don't think that I've EVER held the liquid in my mouth for 15 minutes and that might explain the w/d. A dropper will allow me to use less liquid and, as a result, perhaps not struggle so much with holding the liquid in my mouth (in addition to the saliva that accumulates while I wait).

Thanks for the reply, laddertipper. I'm sure that I'll get this right eventually

Post subject: strips
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

are you taking pills,can i dilute film? my doc wont give me 2mg strips.only 8.
maybe your a lady tipping laddertriper :lol: thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:12 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I'm on the pills. I believe that Laddertipper indicated that she is on the film. I was on the film for awhile (and still have some) but didn't care for it. It might have had something to do with me going through a tough time at that point. Anyway, my doctor was fine with putting me back on the tablets. I'm on 2mg tablets now, which can be cut to 1mg quite well. Below that, it's impossible to get an accurate dose with pill-splitting.

When I was on the film, I would cut it to take less. Of course, my methods were crude (folding the strip over and cutting with scissors). That might be why I didn't care for how I felt on them. Then, I read that they might not have the same amount of bupe evenly distributed across the film. I have no idea how accurate that statement might be.

What dose are you on, johnboy? Is it 8mg or close to 8mg? Maybe your doctor will consider the lower mg strips (I didn't even know that they came in 2mg, like the tablets do) once you've tapered down some? All that's to say that Laddertipper will have to answer your question. I never tried to dissolve the film.

Post subject: Johnboy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 pm 

Why the heck won't your doctor prescribe you the 2mg film? That's pretty dumb. It is so much easier to taper from. Maybe a new doctor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have no idea if you can dissolve the strips. I've never tried and probably won't at this point. However, I'd like to know the answer. Christin, I didn't like the films either at first, but my doctor 'only prescribes them now' for some reason and I eventually got over the bump of adjusting. I still wish I could have stayed on the tabs, because they films are hands down stronger.

I've actually heard the opposite as far as the distribution of medication, as in the films have the Bupe evenly distributed and the tabs don't. Even the people at "Here to Help" say this. Therefore, when tapering, one is supposed to use the films, because if using the tabs and cutting them, one never knows how much they are taking. Do I necessarily believe this? Um, no. Not at all!! This business about the tabs having uneven medication and that being a problem was never brought to my attention until the films came out, and for years, I was prescribed tabs with instructions to cut them up. Plus, if you are dissolving a tab, it really doesn't matter if the med is even and if you take the whole tab over several days, you're eventually getting the full amount, so who cares? Whatever works, right? I should say "Whatever works and your doctor will give you!"

The films are especially hard to use now that it's so warm. I've still been able to fold and rip them into quarters, which I resort to when I really need my Sub and didn't take the time to slice a film up in advance. Well, now the heat seems to make them stretchy, so when I try to rip them, they just stretch out like Silly Putty when you pull it slowly.

I'm curious, Johnboy, why your doc won't give you the smaller films. That's so weird. Is it maybe because he doesn't want you dropping your dose?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

your right ladder . i got so sick of my aeking bones weakness depression . 16 mgs christin.
i been on 16 for 14 months but in the passed its just not working like it used too. so i tried 30 mgs 7 hours ago.
the pain has almost gone. but still have the emotional foggy what ever'" bla bla bla. then today befor i took the 30, i was talking to the treatment about detox intake. i hope i ah shit i low on subs,but i thanks .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:11 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Okay... I took extra Suboxone today -- one of the smaller pieces of uneven quarters that I previously had split before liquifying an entire 2mg tablet. The past few days, I keep waking in mild withdrawal (as I was when I was dosing just once a day). Today's symptoms never totally resolved after my morning dose either. So, I took my second dose just five hours later, which was the final dose of the 2 teaspoon liquification. Unfortunately, the final dose was not an entire 1/4 tsp. I was going to let it go at that, until I still did not feel well an hour later. That's when I took the extra Sub. Sure enough, 45 minutes later, I felt better than I have most of this week.

Although I wasn't really "sick" today, I was tired, a bit achy, and had the burning gut feeling that I get with early w/d. I think that I'm going to bump up my dose for the weekend. It's my kid's graduation (the ceremony was tonight and a party on Sunday). I have too much prep to do to not feel well.

Laddertipper, so many people have told me that they think the strips are stronger. I got back on the tablets because I kept going into withdrawal with the strips. At first, I thought that it was psychological because I wasn't given any warning that my doctor was switching me. Then, I wondered if it was because the strips for my first prescription expired in less than six months from me getting them. So, I stuck with them and got a second month's prescription... still, I kept having problems with them. I never found them to be any stronger. But, I metabolize opiates very quickly. Perhaps that has something to do with it (?)

I'm a little disappointed that I ended up increasing my dose today. But, I guess that it wasn't that much considering that my second dose today was not a full 1/4 tsp. I still haven't gotten a ml dropper. That's got to be a priority tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear how uncooperative the strips are being in the summer weather. I had suspected as much when I first tried them. I also didn't like how the foil opened (or didn't open). What's so hard about coming up with a .5mg tablet or .25mg tablet? It seems to me that would solve most of the tapering troubles (geez, split a .25mg tablet in half and dose .125mg! Now that would simplify tapering!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

christin wrote:
Okay... I took extra Suboxone today -- one of the smaller pieces of uneven quarters that I previously had split before liquifying an entire 2mg tablet. The past few days, I keep waking in mild withdrawal (as I was when I was dosing just once a day). Today's symptoms never totally resolved after my morning dose either. So, I took my second dose just five hours later, which was the final dose of the 2 teaspoon liquification. Unfortunately, the final dose was not an entire 1/4 tsp. I was going to let it go at that, until I still did not feel well an hour later. That's when I took the extra Sub. Sure enough, 45 minutes later, I felt better than I have most of this week.

Although I wasn't really "sick" today, I was tired, a bit achy, and had the burning gut feeling that I get with early w/d. I think that I'm going to bump up my dose for the weekend. It's my kid's graduation (the ceremony was tonight and a party on Sunday). I have too much prep to do to not feel well.

Laddertipper, so many people have told me that they think the strips are stronger. I got back on the tablets because I kept going into withdrawal with the strips. At first, I thought that it was psychological because I wasn't given any warning that my doctor was switching me. Then, I wondered if it was because the strips for my first prescription expired in less than six months from me getting them. So, I stuck with them and got a second month's prescription... still, I kept having problems with them. I never found them to be any stronger. But, I metabolize opiates very quickly. Perhaps that has something to do with it (?)

I'm a little disappointed that I ended up increasing my dose today. But, I guess that it wasn't that much considering that my second dose today was not a full 1/4 tsp. I still haven't gotten a ml dropper. That's got to be a priority tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear how uncooperative the strips are being in the summer weather. I had suspected as much when I first tried them. I also didn't like how the foil opened (or didn't open). What's so hard about coming up with a .5mg tablet or .25mg tablet? It seems to me that would solve most of the tapering troubles (geez, split a .25mg tablet in half and dose .125mg! Now that would simplify tapering!)

Christin, please don't beat yourself up too badly about taking extra one or two days. Look, we all reach our limits. Even if you don't feel horrible, sometimes feeling a little yucky for too damn long is just too damn much!! I took extra at one point during this taper when I got super ill. I felt bad afterward, but I thought it through and I know in my heart that I needed a break and I got right back on track.

I believe you 100% that the tabs are somehow stronger for you. There are so many variables, just in getting the tab/film dissolved and into the bloodstream. Everyone has a different chemistry, different amount of saliva, different mouth structure, etc. It's perfectly reasonable that one form works better for some people than it does others. I don't tend to think people are 'imagining' those things, especially since most of us transitioned believing the two should be interchangeable. Yeah, I do not like the way the films are packaged. It's tough to open them, especially considering that they are supposed to be better because you can just grab your little packet and bring it with you wherever you go, so you can rip it open and take it, etc. EXCEPT you need to then carry a little pair of scissors and a pair of tweezers if you are tapering. The films degrade quickly, yet because of the expense I do take the 'old' pieces instead of whipping out a new packet every time. I definitely would have stuck with tabs if I could have.

As far as the lower dose tabs/films, this is a real mystery to me. For one thing, doctors must have enough basic knowledge of Bupe (an old medication) to know that 2 mg (2000 micrograms) is way too high to jump from. Somehow, they seemed to initially buy into this idea though, and the 2 mg tabs were apparently sufficiently small. The makers of Sub do not encourage splitting the tabs or the films. So, what are we expected to do to taper off and wasn't this considered when this whole approval process was going on? I think it's very weird that we tapering folks are cutting up our tabs and films, frequently under our doctors' guidance, and this isn't even something the Sub makers say is okay. Is it all that hard to make a low-dose tab/film, and why doesn't someone do this in America? I was trying to measure and slice up my film today and just thinking "Man, they could have at least made these films some even kind of measurement.....not 2.15 cm!!" It would have been lovely to have the films come scored or marked so they could be cut. I would love to know the reasons behind NOT doing such things, as I'm sure the Sub makers are very aware of how many people are struggling to discontinue Sub by tapering to fractions of films and what a big business it has become to help people get off Sub. I'm sure the stories behind all these things are very interesting, but we probably won't ever know them. How did they decide on 2.15 cm.....? :D

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi christin!

I see that you've already gotten a lot of good info and advice in here, and I just had a few thoughts that I wanted to share with you regarding your taper.

When I was tapering, I found the drop from 1mg to .5mgs was way too hard for me to handle. The withdrawal symptoms from that much of a drop were too severe for me to be able to get on with my life comfortably. And part of the reason why I was doing such a long, slow, taper was just to avoid feeling that way.

For me, dropping from 1mg to .8 mgs was MUCH easier. In fact, after trying to go from 1mg to .5, dropping to .8 was a piece of cake.

I dissolved 8mg of Sub in 10 ml of water to make my solution. Then each ml had 0.8mgs of Suboxone. I split my dose so I took half a ml in the morning and half in the evening.

I also found that (for me anyway), the half ml dose was a good amount of liquid for keeping under my tongue. A whole ml was too much and I felt that I didn't get good absorption, but a half ml was perfect. I kept it under my tongue for 15 minutes at least, and then no eating or drinking for another 15 minutes after swallowing.

You can also try increasing absorption by adding alcohol (I used vodka) to your solution. Don't use straight alcohol because it BURNS. I used half vodka and half water a few times and I think I noticed a difference, but then my husband drank the vodka and I never replaced it so I just went back to water. Of course, if alcohol is a problem for you, you shouldn't do this. I think some folks have also reported that mouthwash will work for this purpose as well - like just rinsing your mouth out before taking your dose or something.

Once I got adjusted to the .8mgs and felt comfortable there, I decreased again. I think it was a couple of weeks - it's been a long time and I don't really remember. I must be getting old! Anyway, what worked for me was decreases of 0.1mg at a time. Some people do bigger drops, others do smaller. It will probably take some trial and error to figure out what is best for you.

I also had to stay at certain doses longer than others before dropping. I couldn't do a reduction on the same week that my Aunt Flo was due for a visit, for instance. :shock: And I tried to time my reductions so the withdrawal would hit me on my days off. It took me about 4 months I think to go from 1mg to nothing.

Best of luck to you with your taper. Please feel free to ask questions - I will try to help you out in any way that I can. There are quite a few stories of successful tapers on the forum now that might be helpful as well. Take care and see you around...quitter!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

af cores i'm not tapering yet. but that extra 30mg the other day did work. i do not have the
acing bones and withdrawl like feelings are almost gone. and i'm back to 16mg yesterday. i know this don't fit on this subject, but i'm not going to make a new one. the other 2 16mg strips were saved from before. i wounder if there was something wrong with my last prescription.? if its me then i guess i'm :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Johnboy, I think for pain the trick is to dose more often, instead of increasing your dose. If you are on 16mg you might want to take 4mg 4x a day. Maybe someone with more experience with pain dosing can give you better advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:45 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

johnboy wrote:
af cores i'm not tapering yet. but that extra 30mg the other day did work. i do not have the
acing bones and withdrawl like feelings are almost gone. and i'm back to 16mg yesterday. i know this don't fit on this subject, but i'm not going to make a new one. the other 2 16mg strips were saved from before. i wounder if there was something wrong with my last prescription.? if its me then i guess i'm :oops:

johnboy, I recall that for no apparent reason, I would experience w/d symptoms while on 16mg. Although it made no sense to me, it's what I experienced. It would start with the yawning and runny nose, then would progress rather quickly to body aches and stomach issues. There were times when I would pop an extra half of Sub. I'm not sure whether it was necessary though because there were other times that I wouldn't and within an hour or so, the symptoms would alleviate themselves. It was as though the Suboxone level fluctuated in my system. I often wondered if this had anything to do with how quickly I metabolize opiates. I also experienced it when I abused Tramadol (the warning on Tramadol indicates that it can cause bupe withdrawal). That also resolved itself, which I attributed to the fact that my Suboxone dose was high enough to ward off a full-blown withdrawal.

These pop-up symptoms occurred while I was well-maintained on 12mg and 8mgs also. They seem to happen less often with doses under 6mg (odd, isn't it?) and don't resolve without taking more Sub once the dose is under 6mg.

All this is to say that I wonder if some of us metabolize bupe in a manner that makes it somewhat unstable in our system. Could that be the reason that I struggled with cravings so much in the beginning and, even now, periodically will be hit with an intense craving (very, very, very rarely, thank God!)? If there is one thing that I have learned about being on Suboxone, my body will react to treatment as it will react, regardless of how someone else may have responded.

I want to note my progress as not to get mixed up:
I finally bought an ml medicine syringe this past weekend to administer my doses of liquified Sub. Doing things half-a$$ed as I tend to nowadays, I was in a hurry to liquify the tablet and didn't do the calculations. I just decided to dissolve a 2mg tablet in 6ml of water to take for 3 days instead of taking the 2mg over 4 days. I was hoping that would get me near the .8 that was recommended. I just did the math and it's .6666. Hopefully, that will be enough to keep me from feeling like crap.

:) Also, johnboy, don't worry about posting off topic. I don't mind at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:51 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well.... my three-day supply of liquified Suboxone lasted only 2.5 :(
I'm not sure if I took a bit too much each time or if some got lost in the medicine syringe. :?
Whichever, I mixed up a new batch and just kept on going.

On Saturday, I took half of a tablet because I was feeling so horrible and had to get a lot done for my son's graduation. Sunday, I took 1/4 tablet. Monday, I went back on the liquified method. I woke with a horrible headache on Monday, which lasted until Wednesday evening. I don't know if the headache has anything to do with the Suboxone taper. I'm just really glad that it's gone :D

I'm hoping that this 3-day supply of 2mg lasts the entire 3 days.