It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: JUNKHEAD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
good stuff, you can tell it was when jerry was sick, the tempo is way down.

Yeah. The irony too is he died in drug rehab, but it was more related to his diet, he loved food like greasy fried chicken, and it clogged up his arteries, giving him a coronary.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for putting up that LSOHHB link, haven't heard that song for a million years, it's really good.

-- JI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Of course, when it's time to go, it's time to go, so who knows. I always hear these stories about people who eat organic, all natural food, dying of natural causes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
"now you see what I was talking about. 4mg of subs will pull a dope addict 1gm mainline usage 2-3 week straight. its that strong..."

question-stopping-suboxone-how-take-properly-t10509-20.html#p86914

Daddy's on the mainline, mama wants him home,
Daddy's on the mainline, the kid's don't need him home.
Good God have mercy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yMXFx_jNeg

(self-inflicted "double entendre"^)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Any updates on the foot, DB? Have you got in to see a doc yet about it? I would if you have insurance (I assume you do, having mentioned seeing a pcp and having been on subs), or even hit an ER soon if not. Just to assess the damage if nothing else. Hopefully an ortho boot will be all you need. Maybe its not too bad if the old ortho boot and tramadol 50 is helping (I wish that's all I needed for arm/shoulder injury, but since it broke inside rotater cufff, I was biting on rolled up hand towels to keep from screaming like a baby on steroids initially, and pacing around fast in circles in way that made me afraid of going psychotic (with the bipolar, extreme pain and no sleep can set off a dysphoric manic episode). But anyway, I'd still get your foot checked out to play it safe, so nothing has to be rebroken and reset if it mends funky.

I'm getting more depressed lately as the reality of the arm/shoulder mess settles in, with the realization its going to take some time. The med situation has me rattled too, especially after my last go around which turned me to subs when I was cut off. As careful as I'm trying to be with them, I can tell physical habituation has set in already. When I've recently tried to just take one in morning and make it until evening without (2 a day), I start getting some WD symptoms along with gradually increasing return of pain, and nasty pins and needles feeling in hand. Best course would probably be to start tapering them down now and put up with some minor WDs each day (they wouldn't get really uncomfortable until day 2 of not taking any) and pain threshold, so maybe I'll try break them into thirds and take two thirds, and next appointment ask doc to refill with something that takes it down a notch, since they prescribe this stuff in 2.5mg increments until one gets to 10, than I think it goes straight to 20, or two pills every dosing time.

He isn't prescribing a month worth at a time, just enough until next appointment, which helps too, since no big pile of them to make temptation easier to over medicate, plus it is easier to keep track if I'm not sure if I took an earlier dose, by counting them out. I probably need one of those daily pill divider things that people on lots of medications fill every week. But the absentmindedness (about meds, etc) which happens, is from napping more than usual, and that's probably from a combo of some depression and medication, which then puts me into a twilight zone of disorientation sometimes, when I wake from naps at odd hours. And then it throws me off on getting to bed at a semi-decent hour sometimes. I do best in all areas of life with a normal circadian rhythm routine when it comes to sleep (who doesn't, although some people deal okay with working rotating shifts, and a short catnap during the day can be healthy), so getting some anxiety over "losing control" in several areas of my life. I guess best way to deal with the anxiety is try to regain some sense of feeling like I'm in control. Resist napping during day, try tapering the dosage if not frequency of the meds some (its harder to stop the pain once its roaring, then it is to stave it off), start going for walks regularly to get some exercise while riding bike is out of the question, etc.

Anyway, I decided to lay out what I'm going through on your thread, since something similar happened to you. This may no longer be an appropriate forum for me to be posting in, given my current issues.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:23 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You are welcome to post on here all you want and it is appropriate. We are here to help one another and anyone who implies or tells you different can go f themselves. I hear what you are saying about the depression and all that mess it sucks how it all love to play the mind games. It’s also summer so I’m sure you have a lot of thing you want to do but are restricted. You need you pain meds so don't be ashamed to take them. You will get better soon man just be patient and push yourself into something that will make you course of healing longer. Then we will work on getting you off that with more support. My foot is much better, thanks for asking. Never went to dr, otho boot is just fine. Bruised up real bad I have all of the colors of the rainbow. I only took the trams 1 day 1 50 and stopped. Not trying to be a hero, just need more time before I take any opiates. As we age I’m sure we will all need them at some point from injuries or what not. Keep strong and keep posting you are still helping me and others to. So thank you for taking you time out to help. DB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:33 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKtsdZs9LJo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
You are welcome to post on here all you want and it is appropriate. We are here to help one another and anyone who implies or tells you different can go f themselves. I hear what you are saying about the depression and all that mess it sucks how it all love to play the mind games. It’s also summer so I’m sure you have a lot of thing you want to do but are restricted. You need you pain meds so don't be ashamed to take them. You will get better soon man just be patient and push yourself into something that will make you course of healing longer. Then we will work on getting you off that with more support....Keep strong and keep posting you are still helping me and others to. So thank you for taking you time out to help. DB

Boop, if you are "listening" I agree 100%. Please come back!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey DB- hope you have a great Saturday! :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:
You are welcome to post on here all you want and it is appropriate. We are here to help one another and anyone who implies or tells you different can go f themselves. I hear what you are saying about the depression and all that mess it sucks how it all love to play the mind games. It’s also summer so I’m sure you have a lot of thing you want to do but are restricted. You need you pain meds so don't be ashamed to take them. You will get better soon man just be patient and push yourself into something that will make you course of healing longer. Then we will work on getting you off that with more support....Keep strong and keep posting you are still helping me and others to. So thank you for taking you time out to help. DB

Heya DB, I appreciate the encouragement. Foot sounds nasty with the rainbow colors, but I won't harp on ya about seeing a doc though, you know your body best. Maybe it's just a minor metatarsal fracture.

Hi RCA/Butterflying! I won't leave. I feel like I've made some new friends here. Was in a bit of a funk of "why me?" self pity, when I last posted on here, even though I know things could be worse. Like DB mentioned tho, I was looking forward to an active summer, after having mostly made it through sub withdrawal and "WHAM"! Tore up shoulder and damn pain meds, so a shiny new sack of shit to deal with. I'll probably be lurking more and posting less for awhile tho, but fond of forum and it's participants, so not quitting it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
ButterFLYING! wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:

Heya DB, I appreciate the encouragement. Foot sounds nasty with the rainbow colors, but I won't harp on ya about seeing a doc though, you know your body best. Maybe it's just a minor metatarsal fracture.

Hi RCA/Butterflying! I won't leave. I feel like I've made some new friends here. Was in a bit of a funk of "why me?" self pity, when I last posted on here, even though I know things could be worse. Like DB mentioned tho, I was looking forward to an active summer, after having mostly made it through sub withdrawal and "WHAM"! Tore up shoulder and damn pain meds, so a shiny new sack of shit to deal with. I'll probably be lurking more and posting less for awhile tho, but fond of forum and it's participants, so not quitting it.

Yea!!! And who knows...besides friends you might even make a "love connection" lol :wink: (don't mean me btw!! Married, and too old- lol!! I hope you do count me in the "new friends" category though!) Glad to see you have not "left"- I've just gotten in the habit of reading all your "late night" posts when I wake up in the "early morning", so I missed you today!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:38 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

well boop for you love connection? I guess you have the first part down, hehe, great advice butterfly, I do have twigs and berries, I love to laugh, not at anyone just have fun right.. I am married with 2 kids(male), after 10 years I get nothing. ... so don't look too hard bro it does not get much better. here is too the new us(form) ................ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWu0N0qPeME guess it all we can expect from life and people to us.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL DB!! Hope boop "responds" to your generous offer soon!!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:57 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

ButterFLYING! wrote:

that was not an offer, I don't swing
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
ButterFLYING! wrote:

Hmmmm...sure sounded like an offer to me! lol, and the romantic song to boot!!! :lol:

Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by ButterFLYING! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh I just pee'd my pants catching up on this thread. Wow. Just wow. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:49 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

ButterFLYING! wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:
ButterFLYING! wrote:

Hmmmm...sure sounded like an offer to me! lol, and the romantic song to boot!!! :lol:

yea wow, betterflying guess I never wished any harm on anyone, but why don't you relapse. I feel like she is placing me on Christian gay mingle. just kidding, all fun and games until someone turns 50
:D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
yea wow, betterflying guess I never wished any harm on anyone, but why don't you relapse. I feel like she is placing me on Christian gay mingle. just kidding, all fun and games until someone turns 50

Oooooo...that was mean!! ha ha ha ha :D Ok, I give!!! Back into the net I fly!!!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:57 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

ButterFLYING! wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:

Oooooo...that was mean!! ha ha ha ha :D Ok, I give!!! Back into the net I fly!!!

good sport I mean no harm. I really would not wish that on my worst enemy. keep posting what you need to get thru your rough times, its all we have, so If it made you laugh im glad, I was laughing too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dirtyblonde wrote:
ButterFLYING! wrote:
dirtyblonde wrote:

good sport I mean no harm. I really would not wish that on my worst enemy. keep posting what you need to get thru your rough times, its all we have, so If it made you laugh im glad, I was laughing too.

Yes, yes, absolutely laughing!! I know sometime in this "format" it is hard to tel! I like your sense of humor a lot- and I'm pretty tough- I can take it! :lol:

Mahatma Gandhi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next