It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Dr. Junig is right on
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I really need to thank Dr. Junig. I've read about how to paste your mouth with buprenorphine, but was scared to try it. I pay cash for my meds and thought I might screw it up and waste a tablet. Well I tried it today and it worked great! I usually have cravings through out the day but today I did not. I also read that it doesn't make a difference for some, but for me it did. It also dissolved in less than a minute. Thanks suboxdoc!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Although in my opinion the tabs don't absorb as well as the films, he really is right on with that method, I have to vary it a bit, because of the dentures, but it is effective! I'm feeling comfortable at sixteen mgs, and since I've been doing the painting technique, I feel confident that I'll be back down to twelve mgs like I was on the films soon. glad you tried it and you're feeling better on your dose also.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:35 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I tried this today as well, I believe it worked better than just letting it dissolve. I have to agree. And yes, Dr. Junig is truly amazing. Nice guy, love the fact that he takes the time to answer my questions / emails.

Steve.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The tabs dissolve every bit as good films it just may seem like they don't. All the proof I needed was when I switched from suboxone strips (6mgs a day) to generic subutex tablets and within a day or two was already only taking 3mgs a day and not needing to go up to six. Even better than pasting it around your mouth is to throw your dose into water and suck it up into an oral syringe and I just drip little drops all around the surface area under my tongue and then just hold it there for the required time. You don't have to move your tongue around to dissolve it since its already dissolved and less gets gunked up in your teeth or goes down your throat on accident etc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:15 pm 

Two years ago I tried the liquid way of dosing. It works great, saves on my script and I was able to taper easily .
so in turn im saving in costs of treatment.
It still paint my intire mouth.

Right on Buprecision...

raxor..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

might give the liquid method a try sometime, thanks for the info bup. just shows how different everyone's experience is with this med. I'm fine with how I'm doing now, but good to keep that method in mind for when I go down in dose :-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Buprecision, how much water?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Can you share a link for this method? I'd like to give it a try!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:15 pm 

To find in information on this subject, or any other go to: sub search, its on the bottem of the page on the addiction Remission app..or on the home page.

type in liquid suboxone dosing, in both the forum and talkzone search. Many posts will be there to read.

one really good one is a thread by Direry of a Quitter. Thread called :Liquified Sub Taper Method. A great thread on how to dose in very very small micrograms..

I dont know how others do it, but 2, 3 mgs of sub, to a mil ofcwater or grain alcohol. With the alcohol, the bioability go up I to the 50 to 70 % range..

but really, if your taking suboxone as directed, you should be fine just taking it and painting your mouth .
I can see useing this method when its time to taper into the low ranges...so,...read up folks. Its in there..

razor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

pugmommy wrote:
Buprecision, how much water?

I dose 1.5mgs twice a day and I use 8 perfect drops (per 1.5mgs) from an old nasal spray bottle that I just filled with water, that ends up being just under half a mL. Ive found you can fit up to around 3mgs nicely into a half mL. 20 individual drops equal right around 1 mL so depending on your daily dose just adjust accordingly. Pugmommy this might help you in the meantime since you got a crappy batch of subutex, that sucks so bad Im sorry you have to deal with that nonsense. I always thought once I switched to bupe "yes no more worrying about getting ripped off with bunk shit" but apparently we even have to worry about that from a pharmacy which is unacceptable. Im kind of scared to fill my next rx now because I take the same kind.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Razor can you post a link? I searched but couldn't find it. I tried a few variations of what you said. I'm a little out of it today with bronchitis! Ugh not so much fun! Thanks