It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Now I have read the entire thread.

I just wanted to add my support and let you know I agree with Romeo. You should re induct yourself back on as low sub as you can..would be great if you could level at 1mg.

What you shared about the taper schedule I have seen that alot. Go to drugs.com under Robert's thread. He recommends tapering every 5th day 25%. Your clinic may have copied his method.

I used that process from 8mg down to approx. 2mg. Then I realized it is all personal to the person. Where you are at physically, mentally, spiritually. I think the best advise I have ever gotten was to listen to MY BODY.

Noone should force you to stop. Not with this drug. Similar to Tramadol it is the most mis prescribed drug on the planet.

Now, what I have done. Is I stayed at 2mg for almost 8mos. Then I dropped to 1.5 then eventually just at 1mg. the difference is I dont drop 25% anymore. When you get to 2mg, I recommend dropping very minimally. Its ok to keep a schedule..every 5 days is good, just if you still feel "icky" well into the 5days..extend another 5, then another..can even end up being a month or so. You will know when you feel stable to drop again. Then I drop another .01 or .02 (like Hopespring recommends). This has truly been an amazing method for me. I am at .6 now.

another HUGE difference for me is splitting the dose. I take 1/2 in am and 1/2 after lunch (not too close to bed or it keeps me up).

My last dose is around 2p (ish).

I use the punch hole method to keep my doses accurately sized and it is working out great. Many blessings to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone.

Been a while since I updated. I got an app finally on Friday of last week. Took a whole week for them to see me. I was not happy, and felt I was put in an awful situation. I have not gone back on the sub. Trying to come off of it has scared me to never using it EVER again. I am instead on 25ml of methadone. I have detoxed from this before in Jail, and for me I feel it's the lesser of the two evils. I just could not do it off the sub. I can't actually look back at what i've though this past few weeks without wanting to break down. I can't believe what I allowed myself to succumb to! What a horrible dark place :( It brought up a lot from my past and made me realise i'm not over all that has happened to me in my life. I need to work on that and when I feel ready detox from this.

I've had social services involved understandably because I used after coming off the sub. They hauled me in for a meeting so I now have to work with them. I'm not going to get my back up though, they seem to be on my side and are understanding, but also want to make sure my little girl is ok in all this. Madness eh!

I guess I don't belong here anymore now i'm not on the sub but THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your help. You're all amazing people here, your support is next to none for people in need of it. All the very very best to each and every one of you xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just spotted the methadone forum :) Looks like I can stick around after all :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh...ETA...I came on my period so that was a huge relief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Even if you go off of methadone please stick around the forum. Former Sub users have a lot to offer current users and taperers! Also, I don't know if you have an iPod iPad or iphone but there is a free app called iperiod which helps you quickly and easily track your cycles, and after you input a few it suggests when you could be ovulating. This could help you avoid all the stress you just went through (I'm not suggesting it's a substitute for good birth control, just a tracking tool :) ). Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lillyval wrote:
Even if you go off of methadone please stick around the forum. Former Sub users have a lot to offer current users and taperers! Also, I don't know if you have an iPod iPad or iphone but there is a free app called iperiod which helps you quickly and easily track your cycles, and after you input a few it suggests when you could be ovulating. This could help you avoid all the stress you just went through (I'm not suggesting it's a substitute for good birth control, just a tracking tool :) ). Good luck!

Hiya, I will be sticking around :) If I could help anyone the way I was helped then it's all good :)

Thanks for the tip, I have a macbook pro but none of the others you've mentioned. Maybe I can find an android app? x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone. I'm having one fo those feeling like a failure moments :( Reading more threads and seeing how amazingly well people are doing and knowing that I failed :( and knowing i'm now back on the methadone because I was so scared of the sub and feeling like Ist got so scared after what I went through coming off the sub. But was I just being a bit of a wimp? I'm known for not being the strongest of people, and freaking myself out at the slightest stmptom. But I know my body went through hell, and my mind fell apart! I was so weak!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Dee,

That is great news, it sounds like things are looking up for you right now. I use M. Cycle on my iphone.. there are all different kinds of cycle trackers. Search your app feature for "monthly cycle" or "period" (or maybe even "fertility" as a keyword) and I'm sure you'll find one. It really has been helpful for me as well. It gives you an approximate idea of when you ovulate and when you start your new cycle.

Nice to "see you!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tinydancer wrote:
Hi Dee,

That is great news, it sounds like things are looking up for you right now. I use M. Cycle on my iphone.. there are all different kinds of cycle trackers. Search your app feature for "monthly cycle" or "period" (or maybe even "fertility" as a keyword) and I'm sure you'll find one. It really has been helpful for me as well. It gives you an approximate idea of when you ovulate and when you start your new cycle.

Nice to "see you!"

Hey TD, thanks for stopping by and posting. I'll check that out. Been moving furniture today so been gladly busy. I much prefer keeping really busy :)

xxxx