It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: JUMPING OFF SUB
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering how low should you really try to go before jumping off sub? I'am at 160mcg so far and hoping to get a little lower before taking the plunge. What kind of withdrawal can I expect when I stop for good? Also I just want to thank everyone for their wisdom on this website.I know it has helped me greatly!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Courtney :P

Post subject: Re: JUMPING OFF SUB
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

courtney b wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering how low should you really try to go before jumping off sub? I'am at 160mcg so far and hoping to get a little lower before taking the plunge. What kind of withdrawal can I expect when I stop for good? Also I just want to thank everyone for their wisdom on this website.I know it has helped me greatly!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Courtney :P

I think you will feel very little. I jumped at 64.5 micrograms and barely felt anything acute. What I did feel carried over into PAWS and hasn't changed much, but it's nothing severe or scary. You're really low, so congratulations on that!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi courtney and welcome to the forum. I haven't tapered yet, but Ladder is a great person to offer guidance on a long, slow taper, as she just completed a pretty darn successful one.

How are you doing so far? I hope you come back and if you're willing, share more about yourself and if you'd like, we can support you through your taper.

Again, welcome.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the support everyone. I started taking pain pills about 4 years ago due to having MS. I have been on sub about one year never taking over 1mg a day for nearly a year. When I started sub I was coming off of 90mg off methadone and was sick for nearly 8 months when I began sub. The tapper has not been hard but it has not been easy if you know what I mean.I know I will always have pain but staying clean is more important to me than pain control.I will keep everyone posted on my tapper and how I'm doing. Thank- you so much for the kind words.

Courtney :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wow, your a bit a over half the dose i jumped from, currently on day 6 almost half way to day 7 with MINIMAL symptoms and when i say minimal i mean so far 2 days of MILD knee pains and stomach issues.. all in the last 2 days up until day 4/5 i was symptomless

Im sure you could jump off now and have SUPER mild withdrawal symptoms. But you really should go at your own pace i can just imagine if i tapered down to your dose(i got off at 250mcg) I wouldn't of felt a single symptom lol

GOOD LUCK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow Courtney, you tapered to a nice low dose, good job!! Like the others have said, I don't think your wd will be bad at all.

You could try tapering a bit lower, like Laddertipper did, or you could try what some other members have tried.....skipping a day in between doses.

I know a few members who did this and they too felt very, very little wd.

Good Luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I tapered to 0.025 mg, and was afraid to stop. In the end I did not feel any withdrawal when stopping. It's now ten days or so since I stopped (I even forget counting the days). So as other people already posted, I think if you get down to around 50 ug, it should be a painless detox..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have not posted in a awhile but I'm down to 125mcg so far. This last bit is really getting to me and I do not know what to do with all of the anxiety I'm having? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Oh one more thing please tell me this does go away :o

Thanks so much,
Courtney :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:33 pm 
How do you get down that low??

I know about the liquid taper method, but I can never figure out how much water to put in the oral syringe, and a tiny bit of water always gets stuck near the tip so I felt like I wasn't receiving the full dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you asked your doctor for some clonidine? It's a BP med that's very often used for opiate withdrawals (if it wasn't mentioned already). Also, give yourself PLENTY of time to adjust to each drop before making another one. If you go slowly enough, you shouldn't be very uncomfortable at all. Above all, stay active and as busy as you can. MIND OVER MATTER! Don't freak yourself out, it's the worst thing you could do at this point. I think it's good you haven't been around here to keep track of every tiny little symptom you're experiencing. I really do believe it makes them seem bigger than they are.

You've made it this far and are doing TERRIFIC. Keep up the great work and thanks for the update. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey courtney,

Congratulations on getting down so low, that's fantastic!

Laddertipper did a long slow taper and she experienced some pretty heavy anxiety somewhere around where you're at. It lasted maybe a week or so?? I can't remember exactly how long it was, but it was temporary.

Clonidine is a good idea too, it calms the nervous system. You really need to get your doctor to check your blood pressure before starting it because it's a blood pressure medication. Don't let the fact that it's a blood pressure med dissuade you from trying it, it really does help calm many of the symptoms of opiate wd. For me, it was, by far, the best med I took during wd.

Hang tight and try to remember that the anxiety is just a symptom of the wd you're in, it will go away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone I' am happy to say I jumped off sub and tomorrow will be four days such my last dose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I jumped of at about 50mcg and the withdrawals have but super easy. Since I was down to such a low dose the withdrawals should have started before now right? Thanks for all the support :D

COURTNEY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:21 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Courtney-I have been following your posts. This is really, really great news!
You inspire me..
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea you can make it, thats such a tiny dose, I jumped at .25mgs and I only had trouble sleeping. Been 15 days and each day is better. You can do it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone! I just thought I would let you know today is day 23 off of sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still feeling OK and this can be done.

Have a great day
Courtney :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

courtney b - That's great to hear! I read your previous posts in this thread, and I was wondering if your anxiety ever went away? If so, what did you find that helped?

Also, I don't know your history, but I saw that you mentioned pain issues. What are you doing now to manage your pain?

Sub helps me with anxiety and pain, but I'm wondering what helps people handle those things when they decide to taper off of sub.

Thanks for coming back to encourage those who are tapering!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OK Guys It's day 36 for me and I'm still doing good expect for some crazy anxiety. I hope this will pass soon. If anyone is thinking about quitting sub it can be done.

Have a great weekend :P
Courtney b