It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys,
I'm new to this board posting wise, but I have perused the stories and discussions for a while. First a little background: I'm 23, and have been on suboxone treatment for the past 3 years, off and on. I was on for 2 years while using, and got locked up for three months. I then hopped back on the program for 7 months, and came off but was in a residential while I did it. Therefore, I'm deff. no stranger to jumping off suboxone, especially at higher doses. I've been on for 2 and a half months, but decided I can do this sober, I have been working my IOP program, and, unlike the last times, I'm dedicated to never using illegal drugs, or at least for today. Also, unlike last time, I have been re-establishing my life, got my license back, am getting ready to go back to school in the fall, and am signed up for job training in a few weeks. I can deff. do this!

Anyways, I started this thread for several reasons. The first reason being I want to establish a diary for those who are contemplating a high dosage jump, and to show that it is possible and completely doable. Since previous experience has shown me that it's no picnic, but it's waaaaay better than any withdrawal off of full agonist opioids! The second reason is that this forces me to be accountable to a group of people as opposed to just myself. Finally, I'm looking for support from whomever wishes to give a fellow detoxer a hand! Any support is appreciated! I will check in everyday with my activities, and my symptoms. Wish me luck guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm 

Hi Michael! Welcome to posting on the forum! Jumping/tapering diaries are a good idea! It gives you motivation to see where you've come from and an incentive to keep working hard!

We have another member, deadsexy5803, who just started writing about his experience jumping off 8mg about a week and a half ago. Here's link to his thread: http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8207&highlight=

Good luck, Michael!

Amy