It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 11 off subs! I got probably about five hours sleep last night thanks to a clonidine and a lorazepam. My energy is still pretty good today though. Only very minor fatigue and RLS remain. I'm a little nervous about going back to work tomorrow but I think it'll be just fine. if only the insomnia would go away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hang In there MW! Im sure tomorrow will be just fine. You will get to moving around at work and your mind will be occupied. Thats exactly the thing that is needed now. Except for last Monday night when I got no sleep at all (That Tuesday at work was a BITCH) the rest of my hot ass work week went fairly well. Im sure you may have a few BLAH moments but they will pass and you can power thru em.

Good Luck with the sleep fairy tonight and at work tomorrow. Im looking foward to hearing how it went.

Keep fighting Bro! WE WILL WIN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 12!

Work actually went GREAT, I slept about 5 hours last night after 2 clonidine and and was ready to go when I got up. I didn't get tired at all during the day and only just became exhausted when I got home. I didn't even drink any caffeine! RLS seems to be totally gone now. I am definitely feeling more and more normal every day. All that remains is some minor fatigue and insomnia. I know I sound positive now, but I hope I still feel like this on Friday :P

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:44 pm 

I'm so glad that work went well today! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. It helps me look toward the future when I go off sub. I'm working my way down and I'm at about 7.5 mg/day. I NEVER could have tapered off percocet under my own power. Part of the reason that the taper off sub feels so good is that I feel very much in control. It is up to me and I am doing it! I hope your whole week is awesome!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good to hear mw.stoner. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. It is really helpful for those who are hoping to taper to hear how successful you have been!

Post subject: six days clean
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:47 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I was addicted to painkillers for about 5 years before I got on the sub program. I was on subs for about 2 and a half years. My doc started me at 16 mgs a day and one year later i dropped down to 8 mgs a day. It was about 2 months ago that i finally went down to 4mgs a day and thats when i started reading alot of stuff online which only helped to freak me out more. So many ppl were saying how bad the w/d were and how much worse it was then painkillers. Well i also read how hard it was to taper down really low and how everyone felt so bad and how going below 2mgs was a nightmare so i said screw it if im going to feel like crap no matter what i might as well jump sooner then draw the whole thing out. so i cut myself down to 2mgs a day and stayed on that for 4 days then jumped. The first thing im going to say is please please dont listen to all the stuff you read about how bad quitting is and how its worse then painkillers all that does is make you over think the whole thing and then you will feel worse. I took my last 2mg dose last thurs morning and was feeling the w/d symptoms by thurs night. The first 2 days were the worst for me. I had the usual cold sweats, sneezing, yawning, aches and pains but believe me it was no where near as bad as w/d from painkillers. The worst of it was lack of energy and having to make myself move when I really didnt want to. On the third day I still wasnt 100% but I was feeling better and could do alittle more and that got better with each day. Im now on day six and my biggest problem is not being able to sleep no matter how long I lay there. Its very upsetting laying in bed for six hours and not being able to sleep but once i give up and get outta bed im fine. Im still not to hungry either but i force myself to eat alittle just because not eating will make you feel like crap by itself. The things that have helped so far are having understanding ppl to talk to and music. I swear music sounds soo much better now lol. Sorry for the long post!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome to the forum shychey8614! It's great to hear that you were able to jump from subs without too much discomfort. Have you tried taking anything to help you sleep at all? I know how frustrating it can be to lay in bed staring at the ceiling for hours and hours. I've done that for years...even before I got on sub or opiates.

I take Benadryl or Unisom to help me sleep sometimes. But I try to only do that a couple nights a week so I don't get dependent on having those meds. If you don't want to take over the counter meds, I have also found that herbal tea, such as Sleepy Time or Tension Tamer teas, help me a little. They don't knock me out, and I can't really 'feel' them, but I do notice that I sleep a little better when I drink them an hour or so before bed. I just try to make my tea really strong...sometimes with 2 teabags per 6 or 8oz of water...so I'm not drinking too much before bed, and having to get up to go to the bathroom all night.

Good luck, and come back to let us know how you are doing in the next few days.

Post subject: Thnxs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you for all the suggestions! Im def going to try the tea. Im really trying to stay away from sleeping pills of any sort but I havent slept at ALL in 6 days and its taking a toll on me. The worst is when ive laid in bed for 6 hours and no matter what i do I cant fall asleep but again once I get up and move around I feel better. I get so angry just laying there hour after hour. Tonight was alittle bit hard because I really had to force myself to move. Im just exhausted. One thing That will really help with sleep and w/d is lyrica/pregabalin if you can get a script. Ive used it in the past and it works wonders but again its not something to use daily. Thnxs again for the info and ill def keep updating in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Shychey! I'm glad you are doing so well after jumping from 2mg. I jumped from 1.5mg 18 days ago and I feel pretty great! I am still having up days and down days but the down days are becoming less frequent. Most of all the physical WD symptoms have subsided except the random sneezing fit and of course, insomnia, which is definitely the most frustrating thing, as you said.

With no medication, I am averaging about 5 hours per night, 6 if I'm lucky. If I take a benzo I can easily sleep 8. No matter how long I sleep, I have been feeling better when waking up. The first 7 days were rough, if I did manage to get any shuteye, I'd feel like crap for at least a good hour after waking up. Not anymore!

I have really been trying to amp up the physical activity. Work doesn't give me much of that because I sit at a desk all day. So I have biked to work and home every day (~3 miles) and have been doing push-ups and sit-ups too. I think it is making things go a bit easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am doing it too a couple more days.............no more trips to these dr's who want your money and put you on gaba etc.
ALL THAT BLUELIGHT STUFF IS A BUNCH of addicts who wont go through the unpleasant feelings...............
after reading all that I panicked ..............then I see this and it makes sense to me.

Tell mama I got the flu........:)

Thanks for the inspiration.......and I need sleep this tapering I have been doing is really rough in the sleep area..
and work will have to be a vacation for 1o days

I feel better already

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys, today is ONE MONTH sub free for me! I never thought I would make it this far. I feel like I am living proof that if you want to kick subs and put your mind to it, you can do it!

Post subject: Re: Thnxs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

shychey8615 wrote:
Thank you for all the suggestions! Im def going to try the tea. Im really trying to stay away from sleeping pills of any sort but I havent slept at ALL in 6 days and its taking a toll on me. The worst is when ive laid in bed for 6 hours and no matter what i do I cant fall asleep but again once I get up and move around I feel better. I get so angry just laying there hour after hour. Tonight was alittle bit hard because I really had to force myself to move. Im just exhausted. One thing That will really help with sleep and w/d is lyrica/pregabalin if you can get a script. Ive used it in the past and it works wonders but again its not something to use daily. Thnxs again for the info and ill def keep updating in

Not trying to scare you, but the worst part about the sub withdrawals aren't the first couple days like it is with oxys and heroin. The worst part is that at 30 days out you're still a miserable wreck that's barely sleeping and it takes 90 days to even really comprehend reality. Going in with that "oh this isn't that bad" mentality fucks with people's confidence when they find out after 2 weeks clean that it really is that bad, and since drug addicts tend to have pretty low self-esteem as it is, that's not a good thing.

Anyway, I hope you're still clean and doing well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Effuzion, has it ever occured to you that not everybody detoxes off of Suboxone EXACTLY like you??

I've been a member of this site for a good while now and if there's one thing I've learned, it's this, no two people detox off of Suboxone exactly the same. I've seen people jump from fairly high doses (6mg or so) and suffer a few weeks of wd, then BAM, they're pretty much back to normal.

I've also seen people taper down to very low doses (.0625mg) and get hit with PAWS for almost 6 months.

To project your wd experience onto someone else is just not right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If I can't talk about my own personal experience with suboxone, then what am I supposed to talk about? Obviously, not everyone is going to go through exactly what I went through, but I was in the exact same position that he was in (oh look, 7 days clean, this is gonna be easy!) and I went back on the subs more than once because I saw no end in sight. It wasn't until I understood how harsh it really is that I was able to prepare myself for it. If it looked like I was trying to attack someone, I apologize, but all I'm trying to do is help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good luck with jumping off at 1.5mg (I don't mean that sarcastically, I mean good luck, truly). I'm sure it is possible, and I'm sure 1.5 mg is not too much more than the typical "jump off" dose (although I've heard 5 different answers from 5 different people on what that is). For me personally, the difficulty didn't start till I got down to 2 mg/ day from 16 mg/ day.

The trip from 16 to 2 was a breeze. I've decided since right now I'm taking 2 mg/day, cutting a film into 4 equal pieces, to just cut the film into one more equal pieces each time I open one. This should have me at 1 mg/day in a few weeks. Now, idk how much lower than 1 mg/day you can feasibly go, but for me personally, I am trying to get as close to the ground as possible before stepping off, and 1.5 mg, although possible, would put a serious damper on my priorities.

There's no huge rush, especially when you stop and think about where you were when you started taking Sub, and what made you start taking it in the first place. Not that you can't handle the w/d's at 1.5 mg/day jump off, it's just that in a month or so you could get caught at a very vulnerable point, and wind up relapsing. That would be my main concern as far as that goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

AWESOME PROGRESS MW!! Glad to hear your still throwing punches, buddy. Sounds like you had the right frame of mind and determination to quit and you did it!! I believe you and I helped each other through our jump and I thank you for it.
Keep up the fight!
WE WILL WIN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks 95! :D

I guess today is day 37 sub free, but you kinda quit counting after day 30, ya know? I NEVER would have believed 6 months ago that I could be sub free this long (.. and counting!)!

Sleep is coming along very, very slowly, but surely. Falling asleep is still the hard part. You're right though, the earlier that I get in bed, the easier time I have falling asleep. It's just that I definitely find that I have more energy now that I'm off sub, and when 10 PM rolls around, my mind doesn't feel as tired out like I used to when I took sub. On nights where I don't have to work the next day and can stay up til I feel like it's time to sleep, I fall asleep just fine. Stress can be a weird thing, apparently!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good Job mw.stoner!

Glad to hear you are doing well. Thank you for responding to my post. Things get better. I remember somewhere around day 35-36 I was pretty miserable and I was craving and about ready to cave. Sanity brought me back... Thinking look at the progress I have made, look how far I come I cannot quit now. To be honest there was times I was on my knees begging to whoever will listen lmao. Seriously though I am just a big baby. Looking back im just thankful and full of appreciation. Like I said before it isn't so dark at the end of the road trust me :) Keep going you got this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give a quick update and say that today marks 60 days SUB FREE for me! It is really interesting to look at my posts starting from May 30th when I jumped off and see how far I have come. I know I said it before, but if someone had told me a year ago that I would be 60 days off sub today, I wouldn't have believed them in a million years.

So the big question.. how am I feeling? Well, natural sleep finally came at about day 40-45. I discontinued the ambien and benzos entirely since then and have fallen into a decent sleep rhythm. I still have a night here and there where I just can't fall asleep, but they are very infrequent and usually occur on Sunday nights where I slept in too long that morning. I think that's normal though, right? :)

My energy level is pretty good most days, but I still have days when I am totally feeling unmotivated to do anything at all and work drags. Exercise still helps A LOT... with everything, really! It's sometimes tough to be motivated to do it, though. I also have days where I am feeling depressed but those are sparse and I try my best to distract myself when that happens. I had depression before I was a user of opiates so I think this is on par with the level of depression I used to experience then.

For all of you that have jumped off recently, or are seriously coming close to jumping off, let me tell you.. YOU CAN DO IT. As so many others have said on this forum, this is a battle and if you keep fighting that good fight day after day, you will succeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats mw that's really fantastic.

Can I ask you outta curiosity. Other than the residual withdrawal, how does it feel different being off Subs than on subs? Is your memory of your time on Sub a bit foggy?