It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well if you're in the same boat as me it won't take much effort. Maybe a little over 30 seconds lol. Which leaves time for more. Lol

Okay I am officially ending this conversation which is getting way inappropriate lol

How bout them San Francisco Giants? :-)

On a serious note though. I have been spending 5 hours a day in intensive outpatient rehab care doing group support therapy and 1 hour in the evenings at NA/AA meetings and I can't stress how helpful this has been to my recovery. I wish I had been doing this the whole time I was on Suboxone, maybe I wouldn't have started abusing it.

Another update on my underlying pain issue - my back pain is virtually gone. Like, gone gone. Those darn opiates (even the sub) actually made my pain worse. I had a spinal doctor I saw once re my pain tell me that would happen if I went on narcotics, and I didn't believe him. Wish I did... Oh well. No use dwelling on the past. All I can do is learn from my mistakes and live a better today.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm SO glad your pain is gone!! Like I mentioned earlier, my body had the same reaction. When it came time for me to get off Suboxone, the thing that worried me MOST was how I was going to deal with the pain in feet/ankles and hell if it didn't all go away. I looked like this guy when I realized what was going on :shock: .....then this guy :D !!

When my pain does flare up now, 2 Advil knock's the hell out of it. I continue to be amazed at how effective Advil are.

PS--I'm guessing you're a 49'ers fan, too? If so, BOOOOOO, Titans rule!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Romeo,

Yeah, it's crazy how these drugs which are supposed to be the solution to chronic pain actually become the problem. And not just an addiction problem, but by worsening our pain!

I am so glad your pain issues have resolved as well. Isn't it such a wonderful gift to be free of BOTH active addiction AND chronic pain!!!! Today I am feeling so much gratitude for the things in my life.

Funny thing though - and I don't know how many women are following this thread - but the last two days I have been suffering from the worst PMS cramps in recent memory. I never used to get them, or not that I can remember! But then I realized I probably just didn't feel them because of being on narcotics for six years!

So I'm about to attempt another 3 mile run. Last time was a great success. Wish me luck.

And happy day 16, everyone. My birthday is a week away and I am stoked to celebrate it substance-free.

Peace and love and hugs!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nice! What a great way to celebrate a birthday.

BTW I'm watching Ghana beating Germany 2-1, meaning Ghana is better than i thought, and the USA victory over Ghana was impressive. USA v Portugal and Germany could be really good matches. Or do you even watch the score, or just pay attention to the hottest players?

-- JI

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well that's the benefit of being a female sports fan, I get to do both. Cheer, boo, and drool simultaneously. Can get messy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the lol, that was funny.

I guess i do the same thing when i watch female athletes (except for women's hockey, tough to tell whose hot under all that equipment).

-- JI

Newmomsf wrote:
Well that's the benefit of being a female sports fan, I get to do both. Cheer, boo, and drool simultaneously. Can get messy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

johnny_ikon wrote:
Thanks for the lol, that was funny.

I guess i do the same thing when i watch female athletes (except for women's hockey, tough to tell whose hot under all that equipment).

-- JI

Newmomsf wrote:

Oooh, the Winter Olympics and figure skating. My fave.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy Week Away Birthday!!!! I'm guessing you and your husband are going to be celebrating in a few ways!! :wink:

Newmomsf said, "Isn't it such a wonderful gift to be free of BOTH active addiction AND chronic pain!!!!" That would be a big ol' Hell Yes!!! I started into drugs around age 17. Used and abused everything from weed, cocaine, crack, LSD and opiates on a daily basis until I got on Suboxone around age 39. (I know, that's a lot of years of stupid!) Suboxone helped me tremendously, but I still abused it, too. Quit Suboxone at age 42 or so and was actually stunned that was I able to put together any clean time. To tell you the truth, I had pretty much given up on myself as to ever getting clean. But Holy Shit, here I am......clean. Even though I got off Suboxone 4 years ago, there are still mornings I wake up, crack one eye open and think, "am I really clean or is this all a dream." Thank goodness it's not a dream or I'd be royally bummed!! :D

BTW, yeah, that PMS really hit me bad once off Suboxone, too. The bloating and cramping, UGH. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LMFAO Romeo........

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ROFL just be glad you /didn't/ have to experience it!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:03 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Newmom, Just wanted to say "good morning" and congratulations on your progress with your jump!! You must be feeling really proud, and with good reason!! Bet your husband is sure looking forward to seeing you! :wink: Have a great day!
rca

PS. Romeo, might I suggest some Pamprin or Midol to help with those "problems" you are having?? LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all!

19 days clean and still chugging away at my recovery here :-). I feel as though my energy levels are somewhere between 80-90% of normal, and have been running 2-3 miles every other day (10 miles a week). My mood is in tip top shape - I have felt so much joy and clarity that I haven't felt in six years - not since my trip down the Vic/morph/Perc/oxy/fent/roxi/sub rabbit hole. Music is moving me (like stirring my soul) once again, I'm enjoying the company of others (who woulda thought I had such an extroverted side lurking in little ole isolated me?), and I have reconnected with my Higher Power and feel Him within me for the first time in like 15 years since my downward spiral began (way before the opiates, unfortunately).

Last night I managed to sleep a seven hour stretch. I had been maxing out at only six hours so the extra hour felt great and like real progress. Hope this means my sleep is about to start returning and at some point in the near future I can stop the Unisom/Melatonin sleep support. Will talk to my doc about it next week but emphasize that I do not want any prescription sleep medications!

I fly home tomorrow. While I have ambivalent feelings about leaving this gorgeous remote area which has allowed me a springboard for my recovery, I am so excited to return home to my sweet little son, my husband, and my precious cats (I have no illusions that my husband has kept my plants alive while I'm gone so I'll leave them out lol). And I'm excited to go back to work!

But through all this I recognize that I need to continue embracing and working at my recovery. Thankfully there are tons of NA and AA meetings in my area so it's just a matter of fitting them into my schedule. And first thing - find a sponsor!

Thank you to those who have been following my thread, providing encouragement, and much-needed light-hearted banter. I will continue to post on my recovery but also in others' threads to pay forward the gift of encouragement and support you all have bequeathed upon me.

I did it! I am opiate an free person!!!!

Peace and love and hugs!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations! Feels amazing doesnt it? Must of been awesome to have that retreat to get through it! I just started working out and felt so much better after my first workout last night. So good in fact, I am going again tonight!

Have a safe flight home!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WTG NM, and bonne voyage!

Really nice reading about your experience, it's inspirational. Hope you'll add some updates to your thread as you hit new milestones.

-- JI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Newmomsf wrote:
Hi all!

19 days clean and still chugging away at my recovery here :-). I feel as though my energy levels are somewhere between 80-90% of normal, and have been running 2-3 miles every other day (10 miles a week). My mood is in tip top shape - I have felt so much joy and clarity that I haven't felt in six years - not since my trip down the Vic/morph/Perc/oxy/fent/roxi/sub rabbit hole. Music is moving me (like stirring my soul) once again, I'm enjoying the company of others (who woulda thought I had such an extroverted side lurking in little ole isolated me?), and I have reconnected with my Higher Power and feel Him within me for the first time in like 15 years since my downward spiral began (way before the opiates, unfortunately).

Last night I managed to sleep a seven hour stretch. I had been maxing out at only six hours so the extra hour felt great and like real progress. Hope this means my sleep is about to start returning and at some point in the near future I can stop the Unisom/Melatonin sleep support. Will talk to my doc about it next week but emphasize that I do not want any prescription sleep medications!

I fly home tomorrow. While I have ambivalent feelings about leaving this gorgeous remote area which has allowed me a springboard for my recovery, I am so excited to return home to my sweet little son, my husband, and my precious cats (I have no illusions that my husband has kept my plants alive while I'm gone so I'll leave them out lol). And I'm excited to go back to work!

But through all this I recognize that I need to continue embracing and working at my recovery. Thankfully there are tons of NA and AA meetings in my area so it's just a matter of fitting them into my schedule. And first thing - find a sponsor!

Thank you to those who have been following my thread, providing encouragement, and much-needed light-hearted banter. I will continue to post on my recovery but also in others' threads to pay forward the gift of encouragement and support you all have bequeathed upon me.

I did it! I am opiate an free person!!!!

Peace and love and hugs!

I feel so Happy for u and don't run away!! I am behind you!!!
!!!
Peace!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone!

Well, today makes three solid weeks off the suboxone. And, my first time I'm opiate-free in six years. Honestly, I feel absolutely fantastic. My only lingering WD symptom appears to be random successions of sneezing that pop up a few times a day (which is weird since my nose is not particular stuffy, it's just that anything seems to set off the sneezing attack - funny smells, an itchy eye, even a burp)! I don't really mind this at all, I mean, who cares about sneezing?

Last night I slept a whopping 9.5 hours without waking, and that was with less Unisom than I had been taking. Granted, part of it was likely exhaustion from the long day before, which included less than four hours sleep directly preceding a 3:45 a.m. wake-up call, 6 a.m. flight home, and a full day reconnecting with with my husband and 3 year old. So I don't have high expectations for achieving quite that amount of sleep tonight, but regardless I consider it substantial progress!

And coming home to my family sure was wonderful. What a happy reunion. I feel closer to my husband than I have in years, we had a great "romp," and he told me that he is proud of me. I needed to hear this from him so desperately that as soon as he said it I started crying. Of course, seeing my son was absolutely amazing as well. I can't believe how much he's grown in just three weeks!

So right now I'm trying to figure out if/when/how I can stop the withdrawal support medications. In particular the Clonadine patch and the nightly 75 mg Lyrica dose. Something is constipating me and it's driving me crazy. I know it's not my diet because I've been eating healthier than I have in years since the start of my detox.

Problem is, I've had difficulty reaching my doctor. I'm seeing him on Tuesday but I would really like to stop the wd meds ASAP like NOW if possible. I am guessing I can just not put on the fourth Clonadine patch from the box (I'm wearing the third week patch now for like the eighth day in a row anyway).

But I am a little more uncertain about the Lyrica. I've read these stories about Lyrica wd, and my doctor had mentioned, when I asked for a refill of my 14 day sample box he gave me for the initial wd's, to "take it for a month and then wean off." Well I'm sure he wouldn't mind me stopping it earlier than a month, I just don't know how to do it. The pills are those little capsules so you can't break them. And it's only one dose a day, so how do I wean that? And do I really have to?? I mean, it was one low dose, taken just once a day, for only three weeks. Does anyone have experience with this? Gosh, I wish my doctor would just answer my darn question lol!

Anyway, the real purpose of this message is just to check in and say: "jumped from 6 mg a day, made it through wd's with relative ease and blessed brevity, so happy to be home, and am so happy to be off opiates!!!!!!

Right now I'm waiting for my son to wake up so I can go run! I think I am developing a healthy addiction to running! Good thing too, since I'm signed up to do my first 1/2 marathon in October!

Peace and love and hugs!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:) I am so happy u doing great!!!!
stay strong and u did it!!!!!
Peace !!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, thanks for checking in.

9.5 hours of sleep, wow. I don't think I've got that in total so far this week.

Congrats on the family reunion, and the progress.

-- JI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:41 pm 

I'm glad to read about you reuniting with your husband and son (and cats)! It's so important to hear those words of encouragement from our loved ones! I'd like to give your hubby an A+ for support!

Keep us updated about how you're doing. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some people do experience "discontinuation syndrome" (that's what the company that sells it calls it) from Lyrica, but if you've only been on it for a couple of weeks, I don't think you'll have much trouble. I just went back and read you're only on a 75mg dose of Lyrica.....I really don't think you'll have any issue stopping it.

I was on Clonidine for months and months and months and was able to stop it with no problems at all. I cut my daily dose in half (I was taking a total of .2mg daily) for about a week or so, then stopped and didn't have any kind of wd at all. Some people's BP will rebound, so if you have a BP cuff, it would be handy to check your BP while still on Clonidine, then again as you quit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next