It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yep....we are following =) day 12! Booyah! Day 18 feels even more amazing and you are right there!!!!!

Hows the sleep? Been 3 nights of really good sleep for me. So happy I got the chance to get into a semi normal pattern!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you want to keep your mood up, don't watch USA v Portugal, Ronaldo will be loaded for bear after that Germany thumping!

Good to hear that you at day 12 and doing well. Going CT from where you did was brave, and now you don't have to mess around with any low-dose taper.

-- JI

Newmomsf wrote:
Day 12 and feeling even better! Gonna go for another run today (even though it appears to be raining right now, bleh). Wish I had another USA World Cup game to watch today to keep my mind busy but that's okay. :-) Since my ability to concentrate seems to have returned since day 7, I can read books or watch TV that has a little more substance than Survivor and The Real World "Ex-Plosion." Yeah, I was watching that at my most down moments *hangs head in shame.*

Today I have two counseling appointments, so that should be good, plus and NA meeting, and possibly a doctor's appointment to check in, if I can get one. And tomorrow I start my Intensive Outpatient Therapy which lasts from 9:30-2!!!! After a week of that, plus the nighttime meetings, I know I'll be ready to go home to my family.

Anyway, not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore, but it's cathartic to check in each day and write.

Peace and love and hugs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hold tight and hang in there. I'm currently at 4 mg taper down from starting at 12 mg July 2013. Thing is, back in January 2012 I started taking Suboxone at around 4-6 mg a day, but was illegally obtaining it. Then around May 2012 I got news I would no longer be able to get the Suboxone, so I stocked up and did a quick 2 week taper from around 4 mg to about .5 mg, cutting the 8mg strips up into 1/16 little pieces. After my last dose it took about 3 days before the PAWS kicked in with the standard intense anxiety, tachycardia, insomnia and extreme malaise. Hardly any sleep for the first couple weeks....averaged about 2-4 hours per night. I had no assistance meds like Clonidine, benzo's, etc, so it was tough to sleep cause nothing worked and I tried every OTC sleep supplement known...melatonin, diphenhydramine(nyquil), herbal teas, etc. It took about 3 weeks before I started getting more than 4 hours sleep. The insane anxiety slowly subsided and became manageable at about the 3rd week. At the initial jump I did start taking neurotransmitter support amino acids (L-Tyrosine, and DLPA) which did help with the malaise. I also took multivitamins and fish oils. These natural supplements helped.

All in all, it took about 30 days to feel decent and at about 45 days I made the mistake to use again and within the time it took for the PAWS to mostly diminish, I was back using pills again. I sought help back in July 2013 with a Suboxone doc and am weaning down now under his supervision. He wants me to go from 4-3,2,1 mg and stop. I'm not sure if I want to jump before I get to 1 mg or not. Even though I've been through this before, it's encouraging to see others success. From my personal experience, my best advice is to just concentrate on taking it 1 day at a time and stay in the "now". It's good that you have family support. I don't have kids and couldn't imagine how difficult it'd be going through PAWS with having to take care of someone other than yourself. I guess there is a bit of selfishness in finding sobriety. Good luck in your journey to kicking your opiate addiction and hang in there.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Music does help a lot, and I've been playing it when driving, walking, bathing, grooming (yes! I'm feeling well enough to groom myself now, put on makeup and flatiron my hair and everything! Lol)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Phew, I'm so glad you started grooming yourself again. I was getting worried there for a minute. :D

How has your back pain been? I hope it continues to get better and better as your opiate receptors continue to down-regulate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You must be up to day 15 by now, ya? Past the two week mark, that's fantastic.

And, yes, grooming is a good sign! It's great to be able to get in front of the mirror and look yourself in the eye.

-- JI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Stay strong!! i did go cold Turkey from 16mg!!!! Today is my 7th day. Is so Hard but i am fighting for my Freedom!!
we can do it!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Trainer, the sleep is about the same - one chunk of about 4-5 hours, wake up, then back to sleep for another 4 hours of lighter sleep. The good news is that I am no longer relying on the Valium to get to sleep so I am hereby off not only all opiates but benzos too (wasn't addicted to benzos and wasn't planning on it, just had the one scrip for the worst of the wd). Now all in taking is one low dose Lyrica before bed (to prevent RLS from waking me up), unisom, and melatonin. Then when I wake up at the six hour mark I take a little more unisom and melatonin and maybe some Advil if my back hurts. But honestly my back pain has virtually disappeared in the last few days. Amazing how those pain medications can actually make your pain worse.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Johnny, I'm on day 14 today - two weeks exactly.

Re the US-Portugal game... I look at it this way. It's win-win for me because even if the US loses (which, admittedly, would suck), I get to see Rinaldo's fine ass as the consultation prize. Dude is basically Superman's doppelgänger.

And that's just fine because since getting off these opiates, my hormones have been in overdrive. I feel like a 16 year old again. This is kinda outta control and frankly kinda embarrassing to discuss but - this is normal right? Sex drive on overdrive after stopping opiates?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Avinlo,

It is interesting to read about each of our own struggles with sub and stopping sub. Reading through some of these posts, I have to say I am thankful that I did not experience drawn out wd's through a taper, but I believe that is only - or largely - because the wd's I DID eventually experience going cold turkey off 6 mg's were for some reason pretty minor. It's really crazy how everyone's system is different. You hang in there, you have the determination inside you and when you are ready to wrap it up you will get through it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ryszard, reading your thread I have decided that you officially deserve the title Warrior, which someone have me in my thread when I felt down, and boy did that feel good.

In the words of Eminem ("Lose Yourself"): "You can do anything you set your mind to, man."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Newmomsf wrote:
And that's just fine because since getting off these opiates, my hormones have been in overdrive. I feel like a 16 year old again. This is kinda outta control and frankly kinda embarrassing to discuss but - this is normal right? Sex drive on overdrive after stopping opiates?

Yes, "normal" and personally I feel like it is one of the "fringe benefits" of detoxing! Nothing to be embarrassed about! It is a very healthy sign! Enjoy it! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the input, rca. It was especially helpful to read first thing this morning after my sixth night in a row of having sex dreams. Lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Johnny,

Don't be so sure we're gonna lose especially now considering Ronaldo's boo-boo and don't forget the machine we have named Tim Howard (equally as drool-worthy IMO - saw him in person at the US v Azerbaijan friendly in SF and just about died).

Day 15 bitches!!!! Lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Newmomsf wrote:
Johnny, I'm on day 14 today - two weeks exactly.

Re the US-Portugal game... I look at it this way. It's win-win for me because even if the US loses (which, admittedly, would suck), I get to see Rinaldo's fine ass as the consultation prize. Dude is basically Superman's doppelgänger.

After Portugal comes Germany...hope you enjoyed USA v Ghana, lol.

In Madrid, where Ronaldo plays club football, there's a 30' tall statue of him in the Plaza de Ramales. If you ever go to Spain and visit the capital, you'll be able to feast your eyes on eyes on Ronald's larger-than-life backside.

Congrats on hitting 14+ days, that's awesome!

-- JI

Edit: I'm no expert on a post-Sub sex drive (though I soon hope to become one), but I've heard that people coming off methadone do go into overdrive for awhile. I think someone mentioned the same thing on another Sub thread in this forum.

Last edited by johnny_ikon on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Newmomsf wrote:

Day 15 bitches!!!! Lol

You go girl friend!! Great job!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Newmomsf wrote:
Ryszard, reading your thread I have decided that you officially deserve the title Warrior, which someone have me in my thread when I felt down, and boy did that feel good.

In the words of Eminem ("Lose Yourself"): "You can do anything you set your mind to, man."

:) Thank you but before u call me this Great nick I need to have it done .YESSSS it is my day#8 suck but I am here I did go long way to be here .
weekend on the way thanks God and be with all of us.
Stay strong !!let me know if u need anything!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey newmomsf, as others have said, the jump in sex drive after coming off opiates is completely normal. Opiates suppress sex drive in many people. Once off opiates, the brain kinda overcorrects and.....well, makes ya super horny. For some, this boost in sex drive lasts a short while, but for others it can last a fairly long while. Enjoy it while ya got it. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lol I won't be the only one enjoying it. My husband is going to be so happy when I get home next week from my detox/mini-rehab "retreat."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm getting envious, even Rosy Reightpalme is away right now, because of broken right arm. I could go bi and give Lefty Louie a try, but kinda nervous about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next