It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't mean to sound like a know it all, for all I know you might be able to educate me on a thing or two, but I have jumped at 4 mg. & it wasn't that bad... Its really unlike any other withdrawal... one day you'll feel better next day feel like ish again..embrace the good days and once you get 10 days down you will see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Post subject: Oh, you've jumped @ 8mg.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dang sublime, somehow i missed your first post. sorry now i feel like a dumbas.... Sound like your addiction is similar to mine. A couple Weeks ago I found myself doing exactly what your doing, even after already kicking it once before.. I think with you being on half as much it probably won't be as bad as the first time.. I jumped at 16mg. and today is day 12 & I know the worst is over... Well good luck & God Bless....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sick and kickin like a kung fu chicken.Lol

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dude, if you've kicked methadone you have this in the bag.... I have also kicked methadone and it was the absolute worst, longest, torture I have ever been through and I kicked a 2 year heroin addiction in jail and that wasn't much fun either.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Georgia]Thanks for the encouragement, Sickn! I too have lost loved ones to addiction and empathize with your experience there.

Well, 10 days and counting until I take the plunge. It has been remarkably easy to cut down my dosage from 12mg to 8mg and now to 6mg. I really want to step down to 4mg, but I keep rationalizing in my head that I might as well continue to enjoy my opioid buzz while I can. Typical dope-fiend logic, I suppose :wink: . Regardless, I am going to go down to 4mg beginning Monday, so I will have at least a few days of that lower dosage going into jump-off on Saturday the 13th. The nerves are starting to get to me, and I am really worried about how I am going to handle the kids while my wife is at work during the 2-week period I have allotted myself to detoxify. I have a 5-year old and a 7-month old. My youngest is difficult to bear even being on Suboxone, so I am justifiably worried that it is going to be rough when I am wigging out after about the 6th day of no sleep trying to deal with him. Fortunately, my mom is going to be on standby in case i can't hack it. I am soooo fucking grateful; that I was able to get 2 weeks off from work to go through this. I simply would not get off the Zone if I had to actually get up for work each day during the process. I know that it can be beneficial to stay busy and keep your mind occupied, but I will do those things on my own terms rather than be forced to drag my sorry ass into work.

I will keep the forum posed as to how I progress heading into jump-off and during the withdrawals as well.

"May grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord." - 2 Peter 1:2

:)

[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good luck sublime. Instead of talking yourself into no sleep for 6 days and being worried about having the kids, use the time you have with them wisely and most of all, look forward to it. Go out, take them shopping, buy them shit with money you would normally buy drugs or subs with. Do things that will keep you going without drugs or subs. It will make you feel so fucking good to do little things like that to remind you of why you have decided to clean up.

You can either decide to feel like shit and let the mental and physical game beat you or expect it to beat you. Or, you can make those 2 weeks the best bonding experience you've ever had with your kids.

You know why? Because it will be real. Real feelings, real emotions, real love. That's what happens, your brain slowly reverses itself and you can feel again. It's been wonderful to be honest with myself since I stopped opes and got off subs.

I jumped at an average of 4mg/day for 12 days. I stacked up and made it through. Going on to 8 weeks now off subs. It feels absolutely wonderful aside from the back pain I've been masking over the years. But I know painkillers ain't the answer for that. Exercise, stretching, ibuprofen, and a chiropractor. Things normal people do. It just started like a week ago too, so I may have pulled something. Whatever. I'm not blaming withdrawal or lack of percs or anything for it. Not after almost 2.5 months off of them. That shit is outta me by now.

We're here for you. It won't be simple, but it's also not as bad as it can be made out to be. You're going to be fine.

Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Georgia]Well I promised updates, and the astute reader may have wondered where they ever were considering my "jump-off" was supposed to be 3 weeks ago. For those who give a shit, I'll share my experience: like the typical idiot addict I am, I convinced my Sub Doc to give me some Xanax to, you know, "help me deal with the withdrawals." This joker prescribes me the 2mg bars (the highest dose benzo out there, I believe). Sure enough, in good dope-fiend form, I begin taking Xanax about two or three days before I even planed on coming off the Suboxone. During that time the bright idea comes to me that maybe it would help if I used a little heroin (just a little - of course :wink:) to come off of the Suboxone; after all, Suboxone withdrawal is far more unbearable than heroin withdrawal - at least for me anyway. So I begin trolling the old neighborhoods. It'd been years since I've been there, and I really didn't know where to go. But it didn't take long to find what I needed. I started out smoking a little crack cocaine; you know, just to get me in the mood for heroin. I'm not going to sit here and glamorize because I know how difficult it can be for recovering addicts to read this kind of bullshit, but let's just say it didn't go well for long. It quickly spiraled out of control and within a week I spent over $1000 on crack and heroin – eating Xanax like candy the whole time through. My wife and family eventually caught on when the money started to disappear. They quickly intervened and most likely saved my life - I was out of my mind and DID NOT want to stop. By the grace of God, my father offered to pay for a surgical procedure called "Rapid Opiate Detox". It cost close to $13,000 (no, insurance does not cover :cry: ), and I certainly didn't have the money for it. I don't know how many of you have ever heard of the procedure or may be familiar with it, but basically it involves going under anesthesia for 3 to 4 hours with massive doses of Naltrexone and clonidine adminstered while you're under which compresses all the withdrawal symptoms into that short period of time. It certainly did not alleviate 100% of my withdrawal symptoms, but I've got to say it definitely did away with probably 85% or 90% of them. I'm slowly starting to feel better day after day. I am already getting my appetite back and I even went for mile walk today. They say I will continue to feel better each day, so far that seems to be panning out - albeit slowly. Like all forms of opiate withdrawal, this is no miracle cure, and it certainly is not a zero-pain option in either. However, it seems to be far easier than the last time I kicked Suboxone straight.

Well, this is it for me. I'm done with the addictive life of any form; there's too much to lose, so much love to lose, too much grace shown up on me from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I will say that dope -heroin, Sub, oxy, etc. - has been a cruel and relentless slave-master. I FUCKING HATE YOU! I will use the power of THE God Almighty, my church, and recovering friends to build an impenetrable fortress of sobriety around me. Satan - you bitch-ass punk FUCK - my God has already "smashed your head" at the cross and I will use the power He has blessed His children with to bring glory to Him as He deserves.

If my experience, strength, or hope may be of assistance to anybody reading this,please PM me or something. I are are alternative ways of beating Sub
[/font]

Post subject: jump brother
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey sub i was on 10mg percs every day for a year after a back surgery.Then my wife told me its either the dope or her this is a women who never done dope in her 52 years.Me of corse every since i was 13 smoking weed,moved up to lsd,and off course that is when orange sunshine,window pane,was just a dollar a hit.then coke,then crack in the late 80s early 90s,stayed clean for 20 years until a surgery late last year then thats when the old addict come out in me again LOL 54 years old.Point is there is always going to be a chance of relaps .any way i went to a sub doctor 11 days ago he put me on 8mg subs wich i found out was way to much for what i had been doing took 8mg for 4 days then 4mg for 2 days then said the hell with this jumped and the past 4 days i have felt like hell flu,shi......,insomnia is unbelievble.but today is day 5 clean and starting to feel a little better.i think the first 4or5 days is the worse or it was for me keep your mind busy you may have to force food down drink alot of water.and like i eaw up the post prayer works wonders turn on you tube and listen to some off JOEL OSTEEN ck out some off his faith vids,i did and it helps.Ill keep you in my prayers also you can do it ........dont give in to the cravings the first few days or its back to day 1......hang in there and post back i would like to know how its going.....thanks Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sublime. Wow isn't it amazing how quick things can spiral outta control. I guess it was that one decision to start taking Xanax when you didn't need it that started off the unravelling.

Can I ask how long it had been since you abused drugs like that? Had you been clean (ie not abusing drugs) for years? Months?

Have you considered naltrexone maintenance or Vivitrol? Considering the rapid onset of your relapse... it might be worth having at least something there to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all, I'm a newbie on here but thought I would copy and paste a helpful post I found online. First time I went off subs I jumped from 8 mg and it was HORRIBLE and lasted a friggin month and I had to jump because my source ran out and wasn't planning on taking any more opiates. Second jump was an aggressive 2 week taper 3 years later after a relaps that lasted a few months, can't remember how many exactly...off 8 mg film and I'm on week 3 completely free from everything and it went MUCH easier. What really helped me was taking Sundown gummy multi vitamins. I took the recommended dose of 2 for 2 weeks and took 3 since this Sunday 11/4/12 and today I feel completely normal, high energy, no depression, no cravings for any drugs and I am high on life. I had to figure out what drove me to my addiction and eliminate it and learn coping skills. I understand everyone is completely different so what works for one wont necessarily work for others. Anyways this is what helped a bit from my first jump as far as advice and over the counter remedies goes and I hope this helps. God bless and to quote a great movie and sound corny: "MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU'!

Christy

Ingredients that Help with Opiate or Suboxone Withdrawal
Substance Abuse in any form substantially depletes your body of nutrients. In order to be effective during WDs most people state they needed to increase doseage levels beyond the recommend dose level; some substantially. Levels are for intensity of Detox WDs; post-detox WDs would be less. Use your own judgment about your needs and what you feel is best for you and what you are comfortable with and customize your own detox list to your preferences/needs. These things may help lessen WDs; others have reported good success.

What Symptoms To Expect
Vicodin has a half-life of 4-8 hours; therefore, WDs will begin for most between 8-16 hours after last dose taken. Most people express that detox feels like a case of the flu. You will likely experience achy joints, weakness, restless legs syndrome if you were a havy user over 100 mg a day (this is less likley to occur in those who exercise daily or who are active), headaches, lack of clarity in thought, irritability-does not play well with others, severe “coffee jitters” to the extent that it is difficult to sit still and with heavy use, some experience involuntary muscle twitches, general feeling of “the all overs”, nausea but most do not report vomiting, and most report diarrhea. WDs will increasingly worsen up to about days 3-4 and then begin to turn the corner and stabilize. Drugs with longer half lives like suboxone or methadone, can take up to 3 days to feel the full effects fo wd and the wds can last quite a bit longer.

It is best to plan your detox needs and shop in advance of starting. When you externally provide the body with chemicals that alter the brain, the body reads the signal and reacts by stopping its own natural production levels. So, when you cold turkey stop the external source, it jolts your body and whiplashes your system into wakeup mode. All those little workers have been snoozing for however long you have been administering the external supply source. Now the alarm bells are ringing all throughout your system, and they are running around like keystone cops screaming “oh s**t!!!!” They will get back on the job for you again, but it takes a while for them to get synchronized and functioning efficiently again.

1-2 weeks Ahead of Planned Detox
If possible, plan your detox 1-2 weeks ahead and commence with the Multi-Vitamin, Multi-Mineral, B-Complex 100mg, Zinc (pain-take only after eating food), & St. John's Wort (depression; but do NOT take if you are taking SSRIs) to build a solid base level BEFORE you start the detox. Many who have not built a solid base in advance have reported a more difficult time during detox. It took them a minimum of 1 week to achieve maximum relief level when days 1-4 are likely to be your worst WD days during detox. You may not feel depression now, but detox WDs usually results in the onset of depression until your body acclimates and can regulate itself. Building a nutriment base BEFORE detox will help lessen WDs and lessen the level of additional supplements you will need to help you cope. Waiting til you are actually in WDs to start taking supplements will mean that the supplements will be less effective and you will likely need substantially increased levels. Start an exercise routine that you can live with to release stoved up endorphins that are dying to work again...MOVE!

About Work
You should plan to take time off work to detox, usually a long weeeknd for light use and a week for heavier use/using 100 mg as a medium usage dose. Options for those who work are to plan to take off or call in sick with the flu, or the hybrid plan is time detox where you take last pill late the night before, go to work jittery and leave work early “with flu”---since you went home sick w/flu no one will be terribly surprised when you aren’t able to make it in most, if not all, of the following week.

During days 1-2 (and possibly day 3) Exercise of some sort each and every day for 20-30 minutes minimum
Most detoxers say it is best if you can try to sleep as much as you can during the first couple of days at least. Nyquil, Benadryl (not w/Benzodiazepine Detox!), Valerian Root, Melatonin, Sominex, 5HTP (do not exceed 300mg daily) are types of things that may help you to sleep. Select other things from the OTC Options list as needed use other things from the list. Phenergan and Elavil are 2 prescription drugs that help and both are not habit forming. Take a good calcium/magnesium supp at night to help with sleep as well. Theanine helps with anxiety and REAL green tea as well

Days 3-5
You will likely start to stabilize. When you feel that you are starting to level off begin the L-Tyrosine and phenylalnine. Both of these can cause anxiety if you are anxiety prone, but as a rule they help energy tremendously for most.

-HOT baths several times a day to help with aches; add Epsom Salts or vingear

-Heating Pad & warm blankets to keep muscles warm and relaxed. Cold temperatures in your house for sleep.

-Hot Rice Socks for muscle warmers. Fill cotton socks w/rice, stretch and leave room on ends to loop and self tie sock end. Heat rice socks in microwave for approximately 2 min. Heat, check & apply to achey areas. An end towel can be used to make a rice bag as well.

-Keep nourished; drink lots of water: Add 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar for body PH rebalancing & pain; and if you can, add 1 tablespoon Honey for energy. Dehydation feels alot worse than withdrawals. Do not dehydrate and is very easy to do considering the runs and decreased intake due to nausea.

-Relaxation Exercise to help lessen muscle cramping ,pain, & restless legs syndrome, EASY exercise regimine to activate your own natural endorphins & dopamine to help w/pain. While in bed work your muscles-tighten the muscles in your entire body all at once as hard as you can---hold it for several seconds(hold breath)---slowly release muscles and breath. Do entire body 5 times and then repeat doing one area at time--both legs then both arms-then low back/abdomen area; repeat cycle/one leg-one arm, etc. compression therapy with tight stockings or ace wraps help RLS as well..Exercise helps RLS more than anything. Also, anemia is a cause of rls..have your levels chaecked and increasing iron intake can help.

SHOPPING LIST OPTIONS TO HAVE ON HAND DURING DETOX
Print out list to shop and to use as a tool to track what you take & its effectiveness. You will not probably need all of these products, it is just a guide to what you may need or what may help you.

Soup & Frozen Meals- enough for a few days

Liquid Nutritionally Balanced Meals; e.g., Slim Fast or Ensure

Gatorade (replaces electrolytes)

Benadryl, melatonin, valerian root with a good strong odor, choose what works for you for sleep. Nyquil works for many. Check the tylenol dose.Tylenol PM works but by this point most have had enough tylenol for a life time.

Robitussin DXM-helps WDs; taper ease aide...mucinex with dextramorphan (DXM) helps as well. Mucinex has a drying effect on your sinuses so only take as directed. There is also a product called Robitussin Cough Gels that is pure DXM at 15 mgs available at Walmart, if you wish to avoid the decongestants and antihistamines in the other cold formulas.

Imodium (4-6 hours after onset; first few hours let body purge toxin concentrates) [detoxers have posted that 4-6 tablets daily substantially helped them not only control diahhrea, but also lessened WDs. Liquid type works faster..available at Walmart.

Aspercreme or Biofreeze for Joint Pain

EmergenC from Walmart or wherever to help your immune system as it is common to pick up every bug in the air after detox. You need your C!

Orange Juice w/Calcium-2 (will help joint pain & helps stabilize central nervous system) Great if you are a morning juice drinker.

Bananas-2 bunches (potassium source; eat 2-3 daily; will help joint pain &helps stabilize central nervous system)

Green Tea-great antioxidant to help cleanse your system of toxins. Get te real stuff from the oriental market.

Peppermint Tea & Peppermint Candy-Nausea. Walmart also has an anti-nausea medication that is less than 3 dollars. Very sweet. Phenergan is an anti-nausea medication that is a prescription med. It also helps with sleep and nausea and also with the runny nose some people have during wds. Most doctors will call it in for a tummy virus as it is not habit forming.

Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Bars-has antioxidant & central nervous system coping properties. Eat for cravings

Zinc 50 or 60 mg (3xdaily ONLY W/FOOD; will substantially help joint pain) or a multi -vitamin with this equivalent.

*L-Tyrosine-Health Food Store-will help joint pain & nerves) One hour before eating start w/2000 mgs; scale up/down based on how you feel up to 4,000 mgs. Take w/B-6 to help w/absorption. It will give you a surge of physical & mental energy that helps counteract malaise feeling. If you experience "coffee jitters" reduce to comfortable level.

*5HTP 100mg 3xdaily-no more than 300 mg daily ...some may take this only at night at 100-200 mg for sleep. If you are on an antidepressant talk to your doctor, but 50mgs is usually a safe dose for those on ADs. These amino acids are found in the food we eat each day, especcially those high in protein. Turkey is full of 5htp, hence the sleepy effect after a Thanksgiving meal.

D-Phenylalanine (Health Food Store-helps joint pain) Compliments effectiveness of L-Tryosine and 5HTP. Doses should begin at 2000 mg and escalate, if tolerated to 4000 mgs a day in divided doses. Powdered amino acids (phenylalanine, tyrosine) and many other supplements in powdered form, are available at Bulk Nutrition online and have virtually no taste. Mixing them with EmergenC is an easy way to avoid taking tons of pills each day.

B-6 (needed for aborption & effectiveness of L-Tyrosine/D-Phenylalaline)

B-Complex w-B12 Sublingual Liquid Drops (Walmart-Spring Valley Line-key ingredient here is the B-12 which helps central nervous system & energy level. B-12 can only be absorbed by the body through natural dietary sources, injections, or liquid sublingual-under tongue. Sub-lingual absorption is still under review, so IM or SQ injections are still more highly recommended.

Calcium and magnesium (helps joint pain & nerves) best at night for sleep

*St. John's Wort will help w/onset of depression which will also affect level of joint pain) also helps fibromyalgia if taken in a combo with 100 mg of 5htp and 800 mg of magnesium 3 x a day

Multi-Vitamin Formula (Costco/Sams/Walmart) -helps joint pain, nerves, and depression)

Multi-Mineral Formula (Costco/Sams/Walmart) -helps joint pain, nerves, and depression)

Hyland's Leg Cramps-Walmart-Homepathic Supplement has Quinine in it which helps w/leg syndrome; tonic water can also help rls... RX levels of Quinine available from doctor.

Fish Oil-OMEGA 3-Helps w/legs syndrome &pain /helps inflammation

Kava Kava comes in handy for anxiety and can be found in some shops and also online

Always check with your doctor before taking any herbal supplements if you are on antidepressants

Mindless Comedy Movies-mental distraction aids; make sure you get 1 week rentals unless you have someone who can return them for you. Books to read that take you away from the present..a thriller can be a good choice as it gets your adrenalin going and takes your mind away as well

However, NO antihistimines if you are detoxing from Benzodiazepines Some online medical reports suggest that antihistimines (Benadryl, TylenolPM, sleep aids) may increase risk of Benzo withdrawal seizure.

None of these things will totally eliminate WDs; but, may help lessen them.

FIND AN AA OR NA GROUP NEAR YOU!
(818) 773-9999

Wishing you all the luck in the world! This is your recovery and your goal...make the best of it!

Submitted by Worried878

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Rapid Opiate Detox is the only way to go for me now. I am feeling close to 100% 1 week after treatment and got progressively better each day subsequent to the the procedure. Sill a little shaky and emotional but ready to go back to work after only a week of recovery!

Post subject: The Xanax
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:52 pm 

I was just curious if you went through any w/d from the benzo. Maybe you just didn't take it long enough to go through bad withdrawals so that is a good thing. From what I've heard benzo w/d is one of the most dangerous drugs to detox from and most require hospitalization. So no problem with it?

Really good to hear all is going your way and getting better day by day.

Keep us updated on your recovery, it helps ours.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rapid detox was effective to get you off buprenorphine?

Tell us more please I'm really interested in this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Georgia]1) The Xanax: I don't believe I had withdrawal from the Xanax but it is kind of hard to decipher considering all the crap I was coming off at the time. I went through an entire 3 week 2mg Xanax script in less than a week. I heard that you need to eat them for 3-4 weeks straight to develop serious withdrawal potential. Again, I do not have any 1st hand experience with benzo withdrawal - thank God. Like alcohol WD benzo WD can be fatal.
2) Rapids Opiate Detox (ROD): Yes, it can be used on Sun and Methadone. The Achilles heal of this procedure is that it is expensive and NOT covered by insurance (I [my dad, actually] paid $12K for my ROD). Also, it is not performed in every state so Google it in your local and see where it's done. You may have to fly out-of-state to get it done. My experience with this treatment was thus: You bring $3K to a doctor - who will be your doctor throughout the entire process and while you are in the hospital - and he gave me a script for MS Contin and Dilaudid (both high-power, short-acting opiates). This enables the user to discontinue the Sub or Methadone without facing withdrawal. After 7-10 days (depending how long/much Sub you were taking) you then check into a hospital. Upno admittance you must pay the balance in full here in cash (check/charge accepted too). Day 1 was just getting settled and blood tested and stuff. They continue to treat you with Dilaudid and even Valium on day 1 at the hospital. Day 2 they bring you into surgery first thing in the morning and perform the procedure. An anesthesiologist actually does all the work with your treating doctor will supervise. They keep you under for 4-5 hours with Propophol and basically compress about 80-90% of the detox experience into that time while treating you with massive amount of Naltrexone and Clonadine. I don't how the hell this works but it actually does! Day 3-4 all I did was sleep and begin my recovery. I went home in the morning on the 4th day while others even leave on the 3rd day. The 1st week at home I was definitely a bit shaky, but they send you home with 20 5mg Valium and other meds for your stomach and for and pain (800mg ibuprofen) you may have. The only symptoms I had was the annoying joint pains, erratic sleep patterns, and some lingering anxiety, but I did feel better every day and there was zero of the head games that normal detox entails. For me, I would say that the procedure eliminated about 75% of the withdrawal buy the time I woke up.
[/font]