It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Jumping on April 20th!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This forum has been a God send. Romeo, laddertripper and sweet16 have been huge in my choice to try and stop once again, thank you tremendously for everything everyone has posted.

Ive been on Subs for just under a year after using H for a mere three months. Had no clue what I was getting into. I hated suboxone but no realize how helpful it can be if you use it and taper it correctly. Everyone of us, except for the pain patients, all put ourselves in this situation so the blame lies within all of us and unfortunately we all have a price to pay.

In october of 2011 I tried to quit cold turkey at 4mgs once a day. Since ive been on subs I havent been myself. Always depressed, never happy and lost the love that I had for life. I just wanted to be myself again. First three days were fine, by day 7 I literally went crazy. Took about a month for me to feel half way decent. This is when I decided to taper correctly. Here I am today, ive been able to comftorably taper to .125mgs. 4mgs was a road block, tried everything, wasnt till I smoked weed till I got past 4mgs. I hate weed but thats what worked for me and havent smoked since. .5 was also hsrd. I learned that dosing twice a day helps for small amounts. So if I were at .25 I would take .125 once in the morning andonce.at night. I have had trouble sleeping and depression/laziness but thats it. I just listened to my body and didnt force anything to fast.

So here I am at .125 and getting prepared both mentally and with meds. I have gotten .1 clonodine, vistaril, imodium, vitamins, amino acids and hope to get klonopin and ambien on the 17th when I see my sub doc. Come the 20th im jumping at hopefully .06mgs and flushing the rest down the toilet. so many inspirational stories on here and so glad I found this forum. Any advice would greatly be appreciated and ill try my best to keep this thread updated. Godspeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Get yourself a heating blanket as it did me wonders! I jumped 2 weeks ago at 4 mg not my choice but it was the best thing i ever did. Now i feel like i get the odd chill and a flash here or there and the bathroom breaks are 20 times a day. But i feel way better now then when i was on suboxone! I had i lost no sleep and have got no night sweats and i take only a mild anti anxiety pill called cipralex 10m every night which i started a month before i quit. I feel great! I cant imagine what i will feel like in a month. On day 7,8,9 10 ect when i felt at worse i worked out until i could not do so anymore and that was the best thing i could do to beat wd.
I was on subs for from a car accident and choose to switch from the 200mg or more a day of oxy i was taking. I did not crave suboxone once i quit. i just wanted the pain to end.
Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow I have mad respect for you, I jumped at 4mgs once and couldnt make it past day 8, youre a damn trooper. Its going on day 4 for me and I havent felt any wd at all really, maybe a little depression, I expect it to kick in tomorrow for sure but thankx kindly for the advicd.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow I have mad respect for you, I jumped at 4mgs once and couldnt make it past day 8, youre a damn trooper. Its going on day 4 for me and I havent felt any wd at all really, maybe a little depression, I expect it to kick in tomorrow for sure but thankx kindly for the advicd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ozzy, today is day four for you and you really haven't felt any wd? I'm gonna take a leap of faith and say that you're one of the very lucky few who have tapered and escaped PAWS too. I remember two members in particular, mg113 and RainRainGoAway who tapered off Suboxone and experienced no PAWS whatsoever. Actually, mg113 just celebrated 1 year off of Suboxone yesterday and RainRainGoAway celebrated her 1 year a few weeks ago.

You're a machine dude!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea man its totally crazy, I mean I have trouble falling asleep, but my sleeping pattern has been a mess since tapering low. I feel a little hazy but no rls, no sneezing, no going to the bathroom. I do feel lethargic and a little depressed but if it continues like this its going to be a breeze. Dont want to jinx myself but its day 4, I should have felt something by now. I dont crave anything, I just look forward to having energy and being my old self once again. Thanks for checking in.