It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Jumped Off
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi--I am on Day 11 of cold turkey jumping from a 2-year, 8mgs (2 x 4mg Suboxone) per day. I considered tapering and even called my doctor. But as she would not call in any pills--as she had before--something clicked inside me. How long was I going to allow my life to be dicated by a pill? How long did I have to be at the mercy of a doctor and whether or not a scripr would be called in. So I decided right then--I quit. So I did. The last 10 days haventg been easy. For me days 5-9 were the worst. I still havent had a good night sleep. Went through all the usual symptoms. Lack of sleep is the worst as far as I am concerned. The point--if you are ready to stop you can make it. But you have to want your life back worse than that orange pill. Today is the first day I have been able to eat a full meal. And today was the first day that I actually laughed spontaneously. Here is the deal--your journey os your pwn. I csan only tell you that today is teh first day I felt normal. Still tired, still diarrea issues--and a ways to go.

I have no idea how your jump off will be--but at some point if you want off this stuff you have to be committed and ready for a fight. But guess what--most things worthwhile are worth fighting for--like not having to lie to the people who trust you, likie not selfishly spending money that the family could use, like not counting down the minutes until you can take the next pill--or worse--until you run out. I know that for me I made the right choice--even if it happened because I ran out of pills early. I didnt know how it would go stopping cold at 8mg per day--but I can tell you that at Day 11 I am so glad that I did! God bless all who are fighting this--you CAN do it. Whatever motivates you in life--THAT is your reward. For me it was my wife and children. I'm still tired--and hope I can sleep tonight. But whether I do or not--I know that each day gets a little better after Day 10 or so. Stay with it and fight. You are worth it--and the people who depend on you are too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks man that was really inspirational. I Cold turkeyed a 6mg a day habit for 6 months in rehab and that sounds about the same timeframe as for me. After day 10 it turned around and i started being able to sleep until maybe 1 or 2 in the morning. I think it was around the 2-3 week mark when i just suddenly felt 100%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey man
Thanks for the response. Well here I am on Day 13 at 2am--unable to sleep. Sheesh, I know I am feeling better and better but the sleep thing kills me. How are you doing dude? Is your life back to normal?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey,
When i jumped off the 6mg, I felt 100% by day 21. I was clean for a year and a half and somehow wound up messing up for a week and got right back on sub. All I know is that, for me, suboxone suppresses all your ambitions, desires, emotions, sex drive. Don't get me wrong its much better than chasing oc's or heroin. Its just eventually I cant stand feeling like a zombie anymore. Thats pretty impressive coming off such a high dose. It makes me want to jump off the 2mg that I'm on right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

BTW I used trazadone to sleep for the first month. Maybe you can get a script to it? It works well. It knocked me out till 3 or 4 in the morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey man Im glad you said that. I have Trazadone. I was prescribed 50-100 mgs for sleep. But that seems to just get me to a point where I barely sleep or sleep for a short bursst and then I am up again. What dosage did you take? I am geting sick of these long nights. I wonder if I could take more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And yes--the first thing I began to notice was how zombifieed I was. I never noticed it. I just knew I was nodding off alot and yeah my sex crashed. That came back quick. Still have stomach issues. But sleep is by far the worst. I;m glad you had your gf there to support you bro. Anytime you need an ear dude I'll ride that monkey with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

brian__TX wrote:
Hey man Im glad you said that. I have Trazadone. I was prescribed 50-100 mgs for sleep. But that seems to just get me to a point where I barely sleep or sleep for a short bursst and then I am up again. What dosage did you take? I am geting sick of these long nights. I wonder if I could take more?

I know you weren't asking me, but I've been on Trazodone for quite a while now. 50-100 mg is at the low end of the normal dosage spectrum for that medication. I normally take 200-300 mg at night, depending on how much trouble sleeping I'm having. The maximum dosage is 400 mg. So in my non-medical, non-professional opinion, yes, you can take more trazodone if you're still having trouble sleeping, but it's probably something you should clear with your doctor. I hope this helps. Hang in there!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey thank you!!!
I am going to call my doctor and see what she thinks. Thank you for jumping in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:48 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Holy WOW jumped off 8mg.............your a better man then me ( but I am a woman lol) I jumped at .25.. good for you .......I love your attiude......not wanting to be dictated by a pill.. glad to see you made it thru the worst of it!!!

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And Lisa--you're a better woman than me! Not so heroic. I ran out of pills and the doc wouldnt call any in and I couldnt get another appointment in time so I said--GERONIMO! But I do remember being really madat the doctor for not sending any out to me sick self--and that anger fueled my commitment. From then on it was about getting it all back. I have a ways to go--and I feel about 80% right now--up and dpwn. But i definitely feel better than I did a week ago. Its all about being committed to the process--and realizing that a few days of discomfort are worth your freedom--and the ability to love and be loved by others,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey when I took trazadone I only took 50mg a night. It worked really well for me but it wasn't the greatest sleep. It got me so tired that I had no choice but to lay down and next thing I knew it was 3 or 4 in the morning. It didn't actually feel like sleep but it was better than being up all night. I usually took a hot shower right after taking it and I think that probably helped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey bro--
Yeah I hate that "long night" feeling when everyone else in the house is asleep and I'm up watching TV or writing. Hot showers really seemed to help last week. So what's your plan? In hindsight I wish I had tapered--but since I got thrown out into the cold I rode it out. BTW--my doc bumped me up from 100 to 150 traz. Here's hoping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hot baths worked for me many nights but I know sometimes nothing seems to work

hang tough..

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah its times like these I need Dr. Doofenshmirtz to invent another Alternate Dimension-ator!