It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Alrighty i am new here and am currently going through hell but that's ok because i know it will be for the better. i started on subs 2 and a half months ago for the last month i was taking 8 to 12 mgs everyday. i quit last sunday at 1130 am and it is now 5am sunday morning. i actually have no depression so that is good. my withdrawals didn't start till after day 5 i can handle all the symptons except the no sleep. all i want to know is on what day will i be able to get at least an ok nights sleep? last night i went to sleep at 6am and woke up at 9 am. i jumped of hydrocodones twice before and at least with them i knew it lasted 5 days and after that i could sleep i would just like a time frame of when i can sleep without the back arm and leg pain that keeps me from sleeping. thank you any advioce and answers would be much appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 pm 
Hey how you hanging in? Ya know, that's a big hefty dose you jumped off at. I know where your coming from though. The most i've been able to stay off sub was 6 days before i relapsed and took more. I can only offer you support. I remember when w/d from oxy i had a "sleep cocktail" I used to use. two 25mg seroquels and a ambien. It won't get you a full night sleep in the throws of withdraw. But a good 5 to 6 hours is precious when your only getting two or three. I know that.

Jumping from that high of a dose im sure is going to affect your sleep for quite some time though. From what i gather sleep is one of the last things to return to "normal" I would try hot epsom baths and maybe melatonin. Combined with a heating pad if you have any pain on your body.

Heres the thing. when im withdrawing. I will not just lay there and toss and turn all night. Get up. Pace around the block. Due something. Maybe some squats or a brief sprint will wear you out. I hope you feel better and take it easy on yourself during this drawn out healing process. Congrats and hope to see you on the sober side someday! What your doing is awesome. I'll be the first to tell you there isn't a damn thing to come back to using subs. Staying clean and no longer being a slave to a doctors office is GOT to be a feat in it's own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thank you i really appreciate it. i didnt taper because i wanted to go through all this pain so then i will remember how it feels and i won't ever pick a drug up again. one week ago i took my life back and i will not faulter i am just lucky i dont have the depression to go along with all the other symptoms. right now it has been 7 days and 5 hours since i had a sub which was 10 mgs was my last dose. it is too late for me to turn back now i am hoping here in a couple days i can get 6 or 7 hours of sleep last night i wasnt able to fall asleep till 6 in the morning and i woke up at 11 but i woke up a few times in those 5 hours. on top of that i am extremely emotional me and my girl of 3 years broke up the same day i quit the subs it would really help if i had her right now but nonetheless i will beat it. also the cold chills are insane. all i want to know is what day i will be able to go to sleep before 530 in the morning? lol thank you for the support it means alot there are several youtube videos of people that documented their suboxone detox so thos help i watch them alot

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i really wish i could physically talk to someone that is going through it too that would help a ton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i am approaching day 9 of my sub detox, i only took it 2 and a half months but i jumped off at 12mgs a day. i did this because i wanted to feel the pain so it would remind me not to do it ever again. i still cannot sleep i get about 2 hours a night if i am lucky but it is for the better. still i don't have any depression but i have all the other symptoms the last 2 days i havent had any cold chills so thats good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi,

What are you doing during the day? Are you working or... out and about? I'm wondering if you're not tiring yourself out enough, although, it really is perfectly normal to be suffering in the sleep department, especially at this stage. 9 Days is a great! I'm guessing sleep will start to improve for you soon. Are you trying OTC meds? Sometimes those backfire but they *can* help. Have you tried to listen to music while you're laying in bed? I did that for the first 3 months, every single night. It helped relax me and take my mind off the way my body was feeling. If you have an ipod, put those earbuds in and listen to something soothing. It works wonders.

Keep us posted and hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

day 10 is going ok the back pain is bad and i am pretty lethargic. i am taking no otc meds and last night i actually got like 5 and a half hours of sleep which was nice and i am working 8-5 monday through friday. all things considered i am doing alright i hope i can sleep again tonight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 pm 

I wish I could tell you what day your sleep will go back to "normal". It varies from person to person. It seems that a lot of folks report that they can get 6 hours of sleep again within a month or so.

I understand the rationale of jumping from a high dose to make it a painful memory. That's not the route I'm taking, but I understand it.

I wish you luck! I hope that you can stay off your drug of choice and the sub. It's not easy, but a lot of people say it's worth the struggle.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well amy, the night before last i slept 5 and a half hours and last night i slept over 8 hours and only woke up once. the only symptoms i had today were back pain and i was a little lethargic at time. this is also the first time i have got off an opiate and had no depression. never again will i be dependent on a substance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i just hope i can help someone what got me by was reading posts and what people went through. knowing other people went through it and stayed cleaned really inspired me. also junig's story inspired me also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

deadsexy5803,
Before Suboxone, what were you taking, at what dose and how long were you on it? From what I understand, that still plays a role, even though you were on Sub for a couple of months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i was taking vicodin 10/325s i relapsed for like 2 months and i was taking 8-10 a day. at one point a few years ago i was taking between 15 and 20 hydro tens a day. i also took oxycontins and percocets when i couldn't get hydros. today was day 1w2 i have to say i am 80 percent. slept like a baby had more energy and felt alot better overall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is great that you got sleep. I'm still on Suboxone maintenance, so I always appreciate hearing from people who don't do the usual taper. I applaud your courage and hope you can stick it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

day 13 my muscles still give me some issue when i go to sleep but it doesnt keep me from sleeping. i was pretty lethargic this morning but i got better as the day went on. all in all i feel pretty good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds like you are doing pretty effing good, deadsexy. To be where you're at, on day 13, is nothing short of amazing.. Keep it up! Your outlook probably helps quite a bit, too.

How are you feeling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well it is day 15 my head feels ok but my back still hurts pretty bad and i am a little lethargic still which is to be expected so all in all things are going well. i can't wait till i have more energy though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

day 16, starting to have alot of anxiety which is keeping me from sleeping. other than that my mood is good and energy isnt too bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:12 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

You are doing awesome!!! Hang in there, the end game is in sight! I will be right there with you soo enough. You CAN do this...you gave made it this far!
The anxiety will fade with time. try and keep your mind focused on something "routine"...I find this helps so much with my bupe-induced anxiety. It could be something as simple as taking your pulse for a few minutes to ward it off...Counting some spare change...Cleaning if you have the energy. Just something that your mind can do without too much thinking..or something that is like "going through the notions". Hope that makes sense...its hard to put it into words.

Will keep you in my thoughts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

day 17 went well i had a little energy today probably because i almost got a full nights sleep last night. hopefully i can do the same tonight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yep its 130 in the morning and i am having trouble going to sleep. i wish i could get back in my normal sleep cycle. seems like when i do sleep i wake up alot which isn't like me either