It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

and some people never get back there, i have friends that have battled this alot longer than i have and i feel for them. just wish they had the strength to put them down for good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

42 days clean today, i find i want to sleep all the time but other than that i feel good. there are points in the day i feel lethargic and others points i have energy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

days 43 went well i even mowed the yard today which was nice although the natural adrenaline i had and the feeling of excitement i would get has went away which sucks and i feel like i have no emotions. in any event i am glad to be clean

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey you,

How are you feeling today?? We're so close in numbers! Hope all is well and that natural brain juice keeps kicking in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

doing pretty good, only a few days away from day 50. i have been tired all weekend though i can't get enough sleep i wish i had more energy but other than that things are good

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Deadsexy and I linked up here on this sight while he was 8 days removed from sub, and he has been and
Continues to be that beacon of hope for me.

I didn't have much issues disconnecting from sub, unless it is yet to hit me, so that is said with caution.

Never, unlike oxy wd, missed three days of meals, or spent hours on the throne with runs. My biggest issues have been
Exclusively lack of motivation and fighting malaise and social isolation. I didn't have the temperature sensitivity, goose bumps, and GI issues
Most do and for that I am thankful. Sleep wasn't even an issue, but I fought that with a klonopin at night through the first two
Weeks. I have now stopped all drugs, excluding cigs, another thing I'd love to lay down though I only have maybe four or five cig a day.
For the short term I think that an acceptable vice.

My sub cravings are zero, I hated the way it made me feel(see my other posts). Oxy cravings are about a four right now, manageable and decreasing.

Bottom line is I am slowly starting to enjoy the simple things in life again, my family, my animals, music etc. energy is still low, but most days are slightly improved in that
Regard.

The biggest hurdle for me was forgiving myself for my addiction. Nobody should feel undervalued for it. To want to feel better is a basic human instinct. But we must find that reward minus chemicals that imbalance the brain plain and simply.

For those willing to try, freedom is just a little hardship away.

Thanks you DS.

DC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good Job DS... it does get better

I struggled with the whole getting back to my old normal self thing... the more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't want to be my old self, my old self loved taking drugs, as for the normal part well I don't think I have ever been normal so I just accepted myself the way I am.... I did do a lot of thinking about that which was a good thing

There were days I had no energy to work out so I would drink some creatine, or a supplement called mesomorph ( someone on here recommended it for pre workout energy) and that gave me the umph I needed to get my ass in the gym on those days.... then little by little my energy came back :)

hang tough this can be done

Post subject: Checkup!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey you,

How are you doing today? Just checking in on ya!! You better still be right by my side! :wink:

Or else.... JFK

*Hugs* --Jennifer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey guys i'm doing great it's day 56 and i am feeling much better the past few days. got some good news this week so i am a little more upbeat so all in all i am better. hope all you guys are doin alright and thank you for the support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am 

That's really great to hear, DS! I'm glad you have some positive things going on as well as feeling better!

Amy