It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Last edited by CQuick on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:59 am 

Hi C, My first question is why? I can't imagine having to do what you are doing! I have weaned myself down to 8 mgs. after starting a year ago at 24. It has been easy to this point but I have not been able to think about going lower! I admire people who jump! Sorry I can not offer any advice but I will be praying for you that it gets easier very soon! There are people here with experience in jumping and I am sure you will hear from them soon! Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Last edited by CQuick on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Last edited by CQuick on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 pm 

Hey C, Moving is one of the things that stresses me the most in life! I turn into a beast and have to apologize to everyone who helped us! And about the sex..between suboxone and menopause...there is little to no desire. For the moment its ok as my husband is recovering from surgery and not the "devil" he usually is! lol I do know that will change soon! Hopefully, so will I! I hope your tomorrow is much easier than today! I am in your corner!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:49 am 

Hey CQuick! Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry you're feeling so low. Look up posts by qom. qom is about a month and a week out from jumping from 16mg. You mind find tips from the posts by her.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Amy. I checked some of Qom's posts. She's got alot going on. I redid my math and today is a straight day 9 for me. Yesterday was horrible. Longest day ever having not slept at all the night b4. Got done sleep around 4am last night after multiple Epsom baths and stretching. The Rls wouldn't relent. But a couple hours of sleep felt so good. Woke up feeling crappy of course. Drove to get a coffee. Going to drink some Gatorade now. I dreamt of taking sub last night (this morning) but in my dream i spit it out after taking it. Hoping that is a positive sign my subconscious is trying to help me out. I wish you all well and good luck. I will continue my posts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey CQ,
Congrats on your sub detox. I feel for you. Two days will be 6 weeks since I jumped from 16 mgs. The second week was def the worst, hang in there it gets better slowly!

Can't believe you only take 4 ibps a day! When I was where you are I was taking 4 at a time! Good call on just getting through it naturally. Anything else is only a band aid, not a cure. I am currently taking wellbutrin and occasionally ambien. I will remain on the wellbutrin long term because I have major depression. Also, my sleep sucked before as it does now so I may be taking sleep meds for awhile, too. My sleep now almost only as bad as it was before, just a little worse. I had more probs than ever until maybe last week. That was the worst wd symptom for me probably, and the arm pain. But that resolved in a couple weeks.

When I was where you are now I went back to work. Which was hard but helped. Getting out, keeping busy, any distraction from how crappy I was feeling was the only thing that helped. Because your gonna feel crappy anyway, just thinking about it is what hurt me so bad.

Still have gooseflesh, sneezing, stomach issues, andf sleep probs. But I feel better everyday. No cravings at all. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel because I can actually see it.

If you have quit for the right reasons and are determined you can do this for sure. If I can be of any assistance please let me know. Id like to know my experience can give at least one other person hope and inspiration. Hang in there!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Afterthought:
When I couldn't sleep the first few weeks I did try melatonin, superstrength, 3 gelcaps and double strength extra sleepytime tea. Then a hot shower or bath. I could then get maybe one or two hrs, id wake up and repeat instead of being miserable trying to sleep. There were some nights when I took 6 hot showers/baths. But it helped.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Qom.
Just knowing someone else is and has been where i am and has trudged through is a major motivation for me. I really don't want to go through this EVER EVER again in my life. It is has and will always have been hell. My GF is controlling the ibruprofen. Or i would have probably taken lots more. Which might be helpful. But might just give me more stomach ache and uncomfort. I really want to try and be completly drug free. I too have major bouts of Depression. I just want to normalize. And go from there. I hope i make it through it. I plan to. Just doing laundry wears me out.no energy. Im no wuss. But I'm so worn out. Excercising seems like very daunting. (Always hoping tomorrow will be better). Congrats on your jump and recovery Qom. You are def a giant help. As im finding alot of people here that are motivators as well. I may try a NA meeting tonite. If i can muster the energy strength and courage. Thank you all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:34 pm 

Hi CQ,

Man, do I feel sorry for you! Jumping from that high dose must be the pits. Now that you are so far away from it I hope you can stay that way. To fail now would make all that suffering for nothing.

All I can offer is support. I have not been where you are now and hope to never be there. If indeed I decide it's time to stop, then a taper system will work for me. I've done it before down to 1 mg so I know I can get at least that far.

You're a lot younger than me so you should make an effort to get off it. Me? I'm 61 and a cancer survivor so my motivation is very low right now. It's my hope that my outlook on it will change and I too will join the Sub free club.

Hold on tight. It will get better. How do I know? I've been on this forum for 5 years and have watched many members jump off. That's how. It is doable. Go back and read some old posts for yourself and you'll see.

r

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Rule
I appreciate the words of Encouragement.

Last edited by CQuick on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

soon.

Last edited by CQuick on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:50 am 

My thoughts are with you! I read somewhere that the second week is the hardest and that is exactly where you are. I pray it only gets easier for you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

goes.

Last edited by CQuick on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:32 am 

I'm so sorry to hear how bad ur feeling, that just sucks. If I were u, I'd fill the clonadine (I know I misspelled that). I totally get why u don't wanna really take anything cause every time I'd try to stop my doc I'd just take ibuprofen. But one time I went to my general practice Dr and had him give me some meds for withdrawal. He gave me clonadine, ativan, and something for nausea. It absolutely worked wonderful. I slept a lot, but wonderful. So yeah, fill that script, at least you'll have it on hand anytime u need it.

Every time I read a post when someone is going through withdrawal, it upsets me knowing ur suffering, we all know how it feels from one way or another. Ur strong enough to kick this, if u weren't u wouldn't have lasted this long. Hang in there!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

DAY10.

Last edited by CQuick on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey CQ

Hang in there. You're doing great even if it sucks. Its what your body is supposed to do. I believe its supposed to hurt, and it hurts for a reason. But keep in mind it is only temporary, and soon you'll be looking back laughing. Well, almost, but at least smiling knowing what you've made it through.

There's nothing wrong with comfort meds. Its no failure you decided to refill your rx. Its to help you through, your not depending on it. Are you eating and drinking? The first few weeks I was only able to drink 2 nutritional drinks a day, but I made sure I stayed hydrated. Water, Gatorade, Vitamin Water. And also a calcium, magnesium, and zinc supplement plus another potassium supplement. And vitamin B12. It helps with the muscles and nerves. Even if only minutely, I figured it was well worth it.

Think about this. It can't get any worse, only better from here! The depression and anxiety over how you are feeling is totally understandable. It will pass I promise!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Qom

Last edited by CQuick on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:03 pm 

Hey C, Hope you are making out ok with your dr. I wish I had said this before but I have heard many say that gabapentin is what got them through the roughest times. I know you are trying to stay away from pharmaceuticals but...use them if it helps! You are my hero!