It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:09 pm 

Hey C, So happy that you have a place to stay even if it is only temporary. At least you don't have to deal with the stress of not having a roof over your head too! You were smart to push the appointment back two days. I like your style! I hope the depression and anxiety are a little less on Wednesday and maybe you can push it off a few more days. Maybe the thought that its there if you need it is just enough to keep you going? I hope you get what I am trying to say! lol Anyway, another day under your belt! I'm very proud of you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Michelle.
Yea i totally agree..Knowing that my Dr. Is there for me, and knows what I'm doing is very helpful, and i feel pretty good about that. And the fact that I've been checking in with the Dr. And pushing myself further each time. I've been pushing my appt back since last wed. And its almost the following Tuesday. But it is a relief to know its (he's) there if i can't do it anymore. But i have been trying really hard to push through it. I have to actually see my Sub Dr on Wed. I can't call off. He wants to check me out. But I'm hoping depending on how i am doing, i can just set up another appt for next monday and continue getting straight. There is alot of changes taking place in my life at the moment. And not really the way i wanted to come off this. But i guess there never really is a perfect time to undertake this sorta thing. I'm hoping i can keep going.
But i also realize now that if i do get back on Subs, its not a failure like i was thinking it was.. (or being told it was) I just have to recommit to recovering right. Not overtaking when stressed. And to get and trt and keep control of my addictive habits/nature. But I'm hoping i stay with it. I'm just hoping my mental/Emotional issues reside a bit. Its been kinda harder for me each day lately. But i press on. Thank you all so much for listening.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:42 pm 

CQuick, you are so right. If you get back on sub, you are the opposite of a failure. You are a person taking control of an out of control situation. You are a person who is smart enough to recognize when you are being bullied into a decision instead of making a decision after weighing the facts at hand. Recognizing that you need help is not failure, it's courage! Instead of listening to the naysayers, the critics, the peer pressure, you are considering a future that is based on what is scientifically proven and what you know to be true. You are much less likely to relapse with a recovery based on suboxone than you are with a recovery based on abstinence. That is what the evidence is showing.

If you do go back on suboxone it sounds like you need additional support, at least initially. You have a history of taking more sub when you feel stressed. First off, I think it would be really valuable for you to dive into Dr. Junig's Talkzone articles. Particularly the ones that explain exactly how buprenorphine works. If you know why taking more bupe is not going to work, perhaps you can use that knowledge the next time you want to take more than your dose. Also, finding an effective addiction therapist could be very useful to you. I know it takes work to find a therapist that fits with you, but it's worth the effort. I was lucky that I hit it off with my therapist right away, but it's not impossible to find that person who you can work with. A good therapist will give you tools to work with when you are feeling like taking extra bupe.

You're starting over and that's what brave people do, not failures. :) I will end this post with a couple helpful links. I encourage you to stick around and tell us about your appointments this week.

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/dying-to-be ... continued/

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/clean-enoug ... ne-part-2/

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/ceilings/

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/the-bupreno ... ng-effect/

We are here for you and wish you nothing but the best!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey CQ,

Just thinking of you and wondering how things are going. Please let us know! Wishing you all the best, no matter what you decide.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:47 am 

Hi CQ, Where are you! Hope all is well with you! Please let us know that you are ok. Whatever decision you have made...no judgement here! Just support!