It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I posted this in the "Pregnancy" category, but thought I might be able to get some advice here about the withdrawals too:

Hello everyone. This is my first post on here, although I did find this site over a week ago. Your comments, experience, and insight has been so extremely valuable to me. I had NO idea what I was getting into with this!!!

So, my basic deal is that I was on 10mgs, and weaned by 1-- 2mg strip per week when I found out I was pregnant (shocker, btw!!!). 5 strips to 4, 4 strips to 3, and 3 strips to 2 were all fine....just a little discomfort/anxiety. THEN....4mgs to 2mgs on Day 3, woke up with restless legs, anxiety, back pain, and just overall discomfort. So, I was on 2mgs for 5 days, and in that process went to see nurse at sub doc. She told me to slow down the weaning by .25, but I was already so uncomfortable that I took 1mg on Friday, June 17th then just jumped on Saturday, June 18th. I now know after reading on here that the withdrawal could be dangerous, etc, but my sub doc and baby doc both recommended that I get off. Looking back I would have/ should have weaned longer.

What a wild strange trip!!! Days 1-3 no more discomfort than the drop to 2mgs. Then last Tuesday, wanted to crawl out of my skin...couldn't sleep, couldn't rest, yet so very, very tired and IRRITABLE. I ended up at the sub doc last Thursday, and he put me on a Clonidine patch, and some to take orally. I went to the baby doc on Friday (unscheduled, but concerned over stomach cramps) and baby is fine. I was crying so hard to my doc telling her how uncomfortable I was, and she called my sub doc and they called in Subs again. I think I was probably looking for something to stop the pain...NOT subs, but thank God they were on to me . I was on Day 7 at this point...I couldn't turn back. She explained that I was 2/3 upstream, but if I was too miserable then I could always pick them up...they are still at pharmacy.

So, with all of that said, today is Day 10 and I can finally see some light. I think the worst part for me was that I literally felt so tired that I couldn't get up to make my kids dinner or give them a bath. Maybe it is the pregnancy too, but I just laid there like a blob, but even that was uncomfortable. I work 40hrs/ week and made it in for the most part (left early a couple of times) and that seemed to get my mind off things. The lack of sleep is getting better but still not good. I can actually walk now without feeling like I am going to disintegrate into the ground. I can not for the life of me understand how people are working out, as I am still having trouble putting one foot in front of the other. The worst part of all of this is how irritable I have been towards my 2 other children, ages 6 and 4. For some reason, I am just so hard on them and cannot stop. I keep hoping this anger will pass, as this is NOT AT ALL like me and, I am feeling INTENSE guilt on top of the physical symptoms. I don't understand how I can get so ugly with them, as I have never been this way before..regardless, I hate it and what I am doing to them.

It has been SOOO incredibly tough, but it's only been 10 days...I can't turn back. The Clonindine patch fell off after 3 days, but I have been taking the pills still. I can't tell if they are making me more tired or not, so I am kinda experimenting when I take them. Any help here would be appreciated??? How long do I take these/side effects??? And, anyone that has jumped at 2mgs that has made it through...I would LOVE TO HEAR FROM!!!!

My kids will be going on a vacation with their dad for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, so hopefully I can heal/rest and get better for all of us. I NEVER WOULD HAVE JUMPED LIKE THIS IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN...but then again, I am grateful to be done and put this all behind me. I would LOVE to hear from people who have jumped and what I am up against in the coming days. It appears that this will last a little longer than I had hoped, but I am ready for whatever. Please don't think that I am judging anyone who continues on subs during pregnancy..I just didn't think it was right for me, since I was only on them 7 months. Boy, did I underestimate the power of them and what I was up against. Thank you all so much for taking time to read this, and I would really, really, really appreciate some feedback. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi valleygirl,

I jumped off Suboxone around 5mg/day. This was over a year ago now.

Day 10 was my worst day.....I got NO sleep that night and I broke like a cheap plastic toy, I went up to complain to my wife about not sleeping a wink and I ended up sobbing like a baby. At least days 1 - 9 I was getting 20 or 30 minutes of sleep, but that complete lack of sleep on day 10 just crushed me.....but then I started feeling better after that.....not great, but better. After day 10, I remember feeling like being on some kind of rollercoaster as far as the wd symptoms went. A little up one day, then down the next day. Up and down, up and down.....overall, things were getting better though.

I understand the anger thing that you're experiencing, I was the same way with my daughter. I would try and help her with her homework and if she couldn't understand it, I would go off the deep end on her!! I can't give you any advice on how to stop being ugly to your children because I never did figure it out, it just went away on its own. I can however tell you that I got REALLY good at apologizing to my daughter. Thank goodness my wife and I were upfront with her, we told her that I was going through wd and that I might act like a raving lunatic from time to time, so she knew what was going on, but at 10 years of age, I know she couldn't fully appreciate what I was going through and I know I hurt her. We have talked about it several times since then and we've got it worked out though.

I see where your children are pretty young, I don't know if explaining to them what you're going through will help, but telling them how sorry you are will help.

Seeing as you were on Suboxone for 7 months, I don't think you're gonna experience a hellish wd, it's gonna suck at times, but I don't think it'll be hell. Keep posting how you feel, keep asking questions and stay strong. You can make it through!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you sooo much, Romeo. It really helps to know someone else has been there too. I feel like Satan literally takes over at times and I'm just mean! It's weird because I don't have ANY energy, but then fly into a rage. Ugh. Tonight was a little better and I was able to tuck them in and tell them I love them and that I was sorry. They go to their Dads tomorrow for 2 weeks, and as much as I hate to see them go...it's best for all of us.

The sleep thing is killing me too !! I am sooo tired and pass out hard at like 9pm (very early for me), but then wake up and 12 or 1 just unable to go back. The good thing is I am always ready to get up for the day, but ughhhhhh! I guess it's good I'm getting some sleep but it's wearing on me. Do you have any suggestions for this? When did it get better for you? The restless legs and body anxiety is subsiding which helps! I'm journaling through this so I can remember this pain and hopefully never have to do this again!! This forum has been a God send for me. I'm in AA (sober 4 yrs) but haven't brought this up. I was always under drs care with opiates and subs but didn't realize how dependent I had become. I'm hoping and praying that this is the last withdrawal EVER. Thank you again for reaching out...it helps me soooo much :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey valleygirl,

Clonidine helped me with sleep, unfortunately, none of the over the counter sleep aids or herbal remedies helped me at all. I see you're already taking Clonidine, I was taking .1mg two times daily.....what's your dose??

Ugh, I have to get to bed, we've got a long drive ahead of us tomorrow. I'll check this thread when I get home tomorrow and answer some more of your questions and hopefully be able to offer some more support.

Hang tough!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, the dr put me on a clonidine patch last Thursday then told me that I could take up to 3 .1's per day. The patch fell off Saturday and I have been unclear about dosage. I took one in middle of night, one at lunch, and one just now. It's so hard being pregnant too, because I can't take a lot of the things that could normally help. Is what it is, I guess. I keep thinking one night I will just sleep through and this will all be over. Overall better day today. Have a safe trip, and again, thank you so much for your feedback. When did you start getting a full nights rest? I guess with baby on the way, might as well be prepping for this anyhow :). It just sucks because I want to shut it all down and forget what I'm going through for just a little while. Again, holding on to hope and looking at this as way to want not ever ever ever take anything again!!!!!

Post subject: 10 days!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Valley- hey just wanted to let you know i jumped from around 1.7/1.8 mg almost a month ago. i had been on subs for 3 years ,mostly at 2 mg the whole time, I started to feel great around day 13...so hang in there you are almost there. today is day 27 for me and i cant believe i made it but it really wasnt as bad as i thought it would be..i feel like my old self more and more every day, congrats on 10 days! your past the worst so stay strong! good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh thank you so much for sharing your story, and inspiration! I really needed that today. I slept pretty decent last night, but really struggled this morning feeling out of it and anxious, and back pain. The fog lifted this afternoon and I almost feel "normal" right now...if there is such a thing :). Did you have trouble sleeping? When did you really notice that things got better? Sorry for all of the questions...it's just when I think it might be through, I regress into this funk, and then I'm ok again. I guess that's all normal, considering what I've put my body through. Thank you again for reaching out...I would love to hear more of your experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

congrads valley girl you are almost there... I jumped at a much lower dose and am very impressed with your progress .. Hang tough it will get better soon!!! Good luck with the pregnancy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you mg113. It has been NO picnic, by any means. Days 5-7 were the absolute worst and ended up in both doctors office's crying like a baby :). This forum has helped me realize there IS a light at the end, and it is JUST a phase, however. I keep holding on to that hope that I will be my old self again soon. What dose did you jump at? How long did it take for you to feel "normal"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi valleygirl,

Holy Crap, what a long day!! I feel like I drove 600 miles today, hey, I did drive 600 miles today!! :lol: I'm just glad to be home!!

OK, I just had to tell you that we all worry when getting off of opiates if we'll ever feel like ourselves again and I'm here to tell you YES, you will feel like yourself again!! I remember reading, when I was going through my wd, about people being off of opiates for some time and how they said they felt normal again and I just couldn't get my brain to believe them.....I remember those thoughts VIVIDLY!! I remember how bad those thoughts scared me.

Trust me, you're gonna get to where you feel normal again......the thing that no one can answer though is this.....how long it'll take. If I've learned one thing from this forum, it's that people all recover differently. We can give you rough estimates of how your gonna be feeling based on how you're feeling now, but there is no set in stone timeline. Sorry dude, I know when I was recovering I DESPERATELY wanted to know when the shit would end too, but all we can do is estimate.

So, it looks like you slept last night, that's HUGE!! It looks like you had some ups and downs, completely normal. It looks like the worst is over, what you're gonna notice most next is probably the ups and downs continuing. Your brain is desperately trying to balance itself chemically again. Sometimes it overshoots the mark, sometimes it undershoots the mark.....it's a process your brain has to go through to find equilibrium again.

Be patient, you're doing FANTASTIC.....although you may feel like crap. :D

Hang in there, you got this!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome home, Romeo! Wow...600 miles in one day..you must be beat! Thank you so much for getting back to me. It REALLY helps to hear from someone who has been through same thing. As mentioned, I am in a recovery program for alcohol, but no one I know has been on subs and come off. This site has been amazing to hear from people who have made it through.

Sleep was poor last night, but not like before. I mean, I can get comfortable now..just like insomnia. Last week, it was the restless legs, back aches, etc. that kept me in fits. I feel decent today, and appreciate you giving me the heads up about the highs and lows. I mean, I had high/low days before opiates, on opiates, on subs, so I don't know why I am such a drama queen about it now. I guess because the lows are pretty low. I feel very grateful that I have not had the crushing depression I hear of, and that started a bit last week for me, but subsided. The lows are more..don't want to do anything, hate how I feel, don't want to be where I am at, etc. But THEY DO PASS!!! I have to hold on to that hope and not get stuck in that "I am always going to feel this way".

So, today i have an appointment with both sub doc and baby doc. The great thing about being preggo through this is that they actually LISTEN to me and are concerned about my symptoms, etc. I couldn't get a pop up appt with my sub doc to save my life before. I guess no one wants the liability :). But, I get to check on baby today and sub doc wants to put me on something to help manage pain that is apparantly "safe" for baby. I will be sure and post what it is, and if I even take it. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out. Especially after being a YEAR off subs...to still give back and help others going through this is very cool of you, Romeo. Appreciate ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Valleygirl, I want to congratulate you! I know it must have been a rough road. Jumping off Sub is hard enough and jumping off at 2 mg.....OUCH! I did have a baby on Sub, because I was told clearly to not jump off, but that was back in '07. My baby was healthy. However, the whole entire pregnancy, I was stressing and waiting for that scary day when I'd find out if my baby would be in w/d and suffering in a way that I knew would break my heart. It was torture. So, I'm elated knowing that you now don't have to go through this mental anguish. We beat ourselves up enough as mothers, and adding a med with a bunch of unknowns makes it harder, no matter how much you tell yourself that you are doing what you have to do. Once this passes, you can simply enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. YAY!!!

I suggest that you take walks but keep it nice and slow and comfortable. Not talking about speed walking here and you don't want to overstress your legs. Of course, if the doc says this is out, then it's out. Also, if you can, try meditating. Just sit down in a comfortable position and do deep breathing, because I've noticed this actually does help quite a bit for the anxiety.

Best of luck to you, sweetie. Three kids is a lot more than two, lol!! I've got three myself. Hey, but it's so fun. You have millions of sweet and happy memories to make ahead of you. I get chills thinking of that day when you get to first meet that little person. :D And your older two will get to come and fight over who gets to hold the baby first/next/etc. Awe, it's just gonna be totally adorable, so adorable that it will probably make you cry, lol, and you will get to enjoy all those memories without worrying about your baby having NAS.

Another big congratulations!!!!!

laddertipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much for your post laddertipper. Yea, when I found out I was pregnant...they were like get off klonopin, get off cymbalta, then taper subs 1 per day ( I went one per week). I guess they wanted to see how my body handled everything. When I flipped out last Friday, they told me to go back on subs, but I was on Day 7! I couldnt' see turning back. I am very relieved that I don't have to deal with the severity of the physical pain anymore, but my GOD it was a ROUGH time. Still is, in many ways, but definitely can see the light today.

I have seen some of your posts and you are always so encouraging. In fact, I took your advice when my docs couldnt' agree and had them talk to each other. Now, I feel like we are all on the same page. My baby doc kept saying "I don't deal with withdrawal" and my sub doc kept saying "I dont' deal with pregnant women". It was so frustrating not knowing where to turn.

Thank you for your kind words about the kids. I know that they will do great, and be fine in the long run. They are away with their Dad right now, which TOTALLY helps. Although, I really feel bad for my moodiness last week. My fiance ' has 2 kids, and I have 2 kids, so this is really #5! Obviously, didn't plan this :). Got back from Mexico with a little surprise after a vasectomy 13 years ago!!! So, I am looking at this as my opportunity to get off of everything for good. BUT...I am not going to be silly and if I start going crazy again, will take something. I just think I got over-prescribed meds and willingly took them. Once the dust settles, I guess the real deal will become more clear. Thank you for your encouraging words and support. This site has been so valuable to me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh!!! I can't believe I forgot to congratulate you on your pregnancy Valleygirl......Congratulations on your pregnancy dude!!!

So, this is gonna put you at 5 children, eh. WOW!! My wife and I have one child and I want to pull my hair out some days! LOL!!

You said, "The lows are more..don't want to do anything, hate how I feel, don't want to be where I am at, etc.".....yep, that sounds totally familiar, but like you said....THEY DO PASS!! You certainly sound like you have a great attitude and that is going to help you A LOT, so, keep up the awesome attitude!!

Also, like laddertipper said, if you can get out and walk that would be great. Keeping your mind busy helps tons. Staying as active as you can will help tons too, of course, only do this after checking with your doctor!!

Do yourself a HUGE favor and forgive YOURSELF for being ugly to your kids last week, I know it's easier said than done, but I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive yourself. Some of my best days, during my wd and after my wd, came after I was able to forgive myself for some of the stupid things that I had done during my addiction or during my wd.

Oh Yeah, thanks for the welcome home and thanks for all the kind words, it really made my day!!

Post subject: Day 13 update...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Again, thank you guys for taking time to read/post encouraging words. Today is Day 13, and I didn't get up at ALL last night!!! Yay! I mean, I tossed and turned from about 3am-5am, but NOTHING like before. I didn't have to get up walk around, assess myself, pace the house, etc. Each day seems to get a little better in some ways, then a little worse in others, then evens out. I have had moments throughout the last few days where I actually FORGOT what I was going through for a bit...that is HUGE for me...for days it was ALL I could think of. I am definitely still struggling with tiredness, but keeping busy does help.
Thanks Romeo and Laddertipper for the the walking advice. I couldn't even walk the dog around the block last week, but am forcing myself to take him out a little longer and longer each day. My work requires a lot of walking, and a lot of being "nice", so I get outta myself pretty easy when I am there. It does seem like when I don't have anything going on that it is when I start thinking about how I feel. I know I need to rest, too, but the head trip gets me when I am alone. Looking forward to the Holiday weekend to heal even more.
Yes, 5 kids...I KNOW! We both have great exes (for the most part) so my kids are with us 80% of the time, and his 48%. They aren't always all together, but the little bun in the oven will be :). We are looking at this little peanut as a way to join the whole crew :). Throughout all of this, we have been looking at houses and even put an offer on one this week. I know it's insane for me to come off all of this with so much going on, but honestly..it has kept me busy and I have HAD to show up places, so I couldn't just fall apart. I really wanted to put all of this behind me before we deal with the stress of merging our households, etc. All of this was planned...just moved up with the pregnancy.
So, I guess my next question to anyone would be about the tiredness...is there anything I could be doing that I am not? I keep reading about PAWS but I don't fully understand that, nor sure I want to, as I might mentally trip myself out in thinking I am worse than I am.
I guess the best way to describe how I feel right now is that I feel like have run a marathon with a enormous hangover, but so incredibly relieved after what I have been through, as well. I will say that I don't think I could have done this except I was so absolutely determined that this was my chance/my opportunity to get off. If I wouldn't have had a good excuse, I don't know that I could have kept it up. BUT--looking back...the worst was only about 10 days (peaking 5-7). Compared to what I have put my body through, that is not that long! I will say there were times were I fantasized about making up some ailment to get some relief, but then sanity set in that I cant' use pills any more! I didn't have a huge opiate addiction...just MAJOR dependence from being prescribed way too much on a daily basis, and am alcoholic so major addictive personality, but I did want something/anything to make the pain stop. I guess my point is, I don't want to appear like getting off subs is the best bet always, because I probably would have used during the major withdrawal if I wasn't pregnant. Just my two cents...I mean well, please don't judge. I just don't want anyone to think ...oh wow, 13 days and all is well...because there were some very scary moments there.
Again...thank you, thank you, for being here during this time! I hope to be able to be of some sort of help to anyone struggling through this some day. Have a great day, all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are your eating habits?? Are you into junk food like I am or are you a pretty healthy eater (is eater even a real word??)? Either way, you could probably benefit from a good multi-vitamin, but then again, I would suspect your baby doctor has you on some kind of vitamin?? (yeah, I said "baby doctor" because I'm not sure how to spell obstetricain.....or is it gynecologist.....yeah, saying baby doctor is WAY easier!!) :D

Gosh, it sounds like your just moving right along there with your detox, you're pretty lucky. Good for you!!

OK, what you went through last week was Acute Withdrawal, PAWS is Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, it's basically a mild version of Acute Withdrawal. By the sounds of it, you shouldn't have to worry too much about it. You're on day 13 now and it sounds like your transitioning into PAWS about now. You might not feel like your quite at 100% for a little while, but you'll still be able to function and do everything you want to. Again, keeping your mind busy is SO important right now. Withdrawal is so much a head game, the more you focus on it, the crappier you feel, the less you focus on it, the better you feel. If I were you, I would choose option 2!! :lol:

You said, "but then sanity set in that I cant' use pills any more!" I hope you truly believe that deep down in your heart. Ummm, I don't mean to be too pushy or too preachy, but you need to take your recovery seriously (not that I think your not). I made it 10 months, then I went SPLAT and relapsed for a few days, I'd hate to see you, or anyone for that matter, do the same thing I did. I finally got to the point where I'm attending NA and it's helping me a lot right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks so much Romeo. You aren't "preachy" at all...I need ALL the help/advice I can get. I got sober from alcohol 4 years ago...went to rehab, worked the steps, attend meetings regularly, sponsor people, etc. Started having really, really, really, bad chronic headaches about a year and 1/2 ago. Dr always thought it was stress/tmj induced. Tried physical therapy, injections, then went to medication. Bounced around from fioricet, to vicodin, back to fioricet, then stayed on the vics for 9 months. Dr realized my dependence level was getting higher, I was still having headaches (rebound), so he put me on subs for pain and all the other reasons. So, I've always kept up my AA work...still do, but in the back of my mind I always questioned whether I was really sober. I worked through all of this with my sponsor, and she assured me that since I was under a drs care, etc, that I was fine...that a cancer patient wouldn't refuse meds, etc. After going through all of this, I am questioning changing my sobriety date, however. I certainly don't feel like I have been very "sober". I mean, I never drank, but my goodness...those things had a hold on me obviously! One day at a time with that...I am sure I will get all sorts of opinions here. I just want to be honest with myself, my sponsor, etc. to make sure that I don't go back to drinking or pills again. As far as the pain, truth be known...I probably too willingly accepted the pills when the doc offered them. He knew I was in AA, so I guess I thought that made it all ok. But, again, the altered state my mind was in doesn't feel like sustainable sobriety to me.
As far as diet is concerned, it has been REALLY hard for me to eat lately. Yesterday at the baby doc (he he..I call it that too) I hadn't gained 1 pound in 12 weeks. I am definitely showing so that means I'm losing elsewhere. I am reallly small too, so doctor said no bueno..got to eat more. She suggested that I try to get some Ensure, peanut butter crackers, etc. to try to keep eating all day. I used to have a great diet, but this whole deal has caused me to force feed myself when I can..usually a waffle, grilled cheese, nuts, etc. Not enough for me and baby...but, yes, I am on a good Prenatal Vitamin and don't miss that each day.
Thank you for sharing your story of your relapse on here. I actually read the posts about that and have HUGE respect for you for being so honest. Such a testimony to the reality of addiction, and like many said...very cool that you used it as an opportunity to learn. So, for me, I guess I really need to talk to someone about my recovery from pills. It's funny, I haven't thought of taking a drink in YEARS, but coming off subs it actually crossed my mind to just get some relief...of course, the pregnancy card again, but STILL...SCARED ME TO DEATH that my brain could just snap back into old behavior like that. So, how do you like NA? I went to one meeting back in 07 but everyone kept saying "you are a REAL alcoholic" so I did that route instead. Maybe I should give it a try....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey Valleygirl -

Somehow I didn't see your thread until just now and even though I'm late to the party I thought I would chime in. I jumped off of Sub almost 2 years ago from a really low dose (0.2 mgs) but from what I've seen and read Sub withdrawals seem to follow a similar pattern and are just less intense as the dose is lower.

So, that said, I started sleeping pretty well without sleep aids after 2 weeks or so. My energy level was about 80% at 30 days off and at 60 days off I felt pretty much normal. Maybe even better than normal.

Taking walks if you can is great advice from Laddertipper, any kind of exercise really will be beneficial to you as it helps your body get back into producing your own natural opiates again, as well as relieving stress and anxiety and improving sleep AND increasing energy. When I was pregnant I really loved doing yoga - I took a few classes but mostly I just used DVD's that I borrowed or got from the library. Prenatal yoga also seemed to help a lot with the discomforts of being pregnant. So if you're so inclined I'd recommend giving it a try. Swimming is another good thing to do.

As far as the energy level goes, there isn't much you can do for that except to just take the best care of yourself that you can. Try to spend time with people you like and who make you feel good, do things that make you laugh (lauging is GREAT!), try to rest even if your sleep isn't great (meditation also lets your brain waves slow down and your brain kind of go off-line and rest when you can't sleep well), eat as well as you can and get gentle exercise.

Your energy will just slowly get better as your nervous system recuperates from what it's been through. All you can do is support that process and from what I've read you are doing an AMAZING job. The fact that you have gone on with your work routine as well as all of the other stuff you've got going on just speaks volumes about you! You are one tough woman & you should be really proud of yourself.

Congrats on your prenancy and keep us posted. When are you due?

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much Diary of a Quitter! I really appreciate your kind words. I don't know that if I fully knew what I was getting into if I would have done it this way, but I am very grateful the worse part appears to be over for now. Great advice about yoga...I did a lot of that with 1st two pregnancies and it really helped. I am finally getting the feeling back in my legs and need to do something besides walking the dog! I am due 1/12/12, cool date, huh? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:24 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

ValleyGirl,

Wow, just read your thread for the first time and you have really been through it! I am so proud of you for doing what you did...it took guts and was represenative of a mother's love :) You will be rewarded with a) a healthy baby and b) freedom from a drug

You've been given great advice and support from the best people on this forum so I have nothing to add but just wanted to tell you GREAT JOB AND YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

I wish I had the guts to do this as you and romeo have but I'm too scared of cold turkey :) I'm at 2 mgs now and feel like I have such a long way to go but I guess none of us should look at the big picture as its too overwhelming...one day at a time is the way to go!

Best wishes in this pregnancy!