It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 4 mg jump
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm now on day 11. I still feel pretty crappy. I did 8 milligrams for 4 years and then for milligrams for a week and New Year's Eve at noon was my last dose. I was taking Xanax which helped, ive switched to Klonopin cause it's so much weaker, 10 times weaker according to two different nurses. I'm very fatigued. I'm gonna switch to Ativan in a week once I know the xanax is out n only the kpins are left. I force myself to walk everyday. Been taking 10 mg generic ambian the last two nights. I just feel like crap. I'm starving but can't eat, restless legs, just this weird feeling, plus fatigue. Has anyone else jumped off a high dose? Just wondering how much longer this may last. @ day 11, jumped off 4 mg suboxone. If anyone can add advice please do.

Post subject: Re: 4 mg jump
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I also have anxiety even though I'm taking the Klonopin. It's like it doesn't do anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:24 pm 

Hey Gleater, welcome to the forum!

Have u went to the Stopping Suboxone section of the forum? If not, go read around in that section. There's tons of ppl that's went through or going through what u are right now. U will hopefully get a better understanding of what to expect out of ur journey. Everyone is different but it'll give ya some insight.

I've never went off buprenorphine, so I can't help u from personal experience. Suboxone has a long half life so even though the withdrawal isn't as intense as a full opiate withdrawal, it lasts a bit longer. Most ppl taper off their suboxone slowly and steady, is there any reason why u chose not to taper very long?

I wish u a lot of success. I hope u stick around.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I didn't taper due to lack of willpower. I have a labor intensive job. I couldn't take it anymore today n came to the ER. BP was 176 over 116. Crazy. I still feel terrible. Said there going to give me torodol and not sure what else. I really appreciate your response.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

By day 14 you should start to feel like you're over the withdrawal. You may still experience "waves" of withdrawal symptoms at times, but you'll feel more like you've landed than still unwell.

Good luck! And congrats on the jump and coming so far.

Just be INCREDIBLY careful of relapse especially with benzos on board. I've lost really good friends to overdose who jumped off their subby and decided they'd just have "one more"...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:33 am 

Glester, no way did i think u didn't have the willpower to taper, I hate that word willpower when we're talking about addiction or recovery. So I personally don't think willpower has much to do with it (my personal opinion). Shoot I couldn't taper right now because I'm definitely not ready to. Some ppl just say....forget it I'm ready to stop and jump, but most taper as low as possible to save themselves from withdrawal. It's all a personal decision. I was always scared to death of withdrawal.

Teejay says withdrawal starts to get better after 14 days and ur pretty close to that. Hopefully after that you'll start seeing a difference. I just wish u lots of luck! ♡♡♡♡

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks guys for your support. Yesterday got so bad I went to the ER. My BP was 176 over 116. Normal for my size is 135 over 65. I was actually glad it's high cause the couple times I detoxed in a center they always gave clondine. The Dr at first was only going to give me Flexeril. Nothing else. My ex has a bottle of those. I got upset cause I was so scared what happened to me yesterday was gonna happen again. He gave in. 14 clondine 0.1 mg, 60 ibuprofen 600mg, 15 Flexeril, and some nausea medicine I didn't fill. I've withdtawled 20 times in my life off pills, never vomited. The put torodol in my IV. I hope you're right and 14 days gets better. I've tried walking a couple days ago, seems like that only when I feel OK even though I'm extremely fatigued. It also keeps my legs calm, only while walking, so I may walk today. I just go crazy in my room. Today is day 12. At least I have 6 more days of these meds except for ibuprofen. They'll last longer. I really appreciate your input. I really do. Not sure if this matters but I'm 6'4 312lbs. I heard suboxone hides in fat so I got nervous this would take longer. I just couldn't believe that day 11 was the worst so far. I know a girl that has Ativan, but of course not responding. I want to use those to kick benzos. I've never taken benzos sober. I actually don't like them. One thing I don't understand is the pull back to do subs again after you're better. I never felt anything, no high anyway. I'm trying to take less kpin. I also have this anxiety in my chest area. So many symptoms. The weird one is the diarrhea stopped 5 days ago. I think I've updated everything. Btw, I ate an entire whopper value meal large last night after the pharmacy. I think the hardest part is doing it alone. That's why I'm glad to have you guys. Drugs.comsucks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Today is the end of day 12. Had a better day than yesterday from the meds. Clondine probably helping the most. Got Ativan today. I'm not doing anymore klonapin. Quit xanax 4 days ago. Probably explains my ER visit yesterday. Coming off subs and benzos at the same time, I wouldn't recommend. I did research on Ativan versus Klonopin. A .5 kpin is equal to 1 mg of Ativan. Which is what I got. Ativan isn't addicting like Klonopin n xanax. I'm using Ativan to get off benzos. I just can't wait till tomorrow. Day 13 at noon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's been rough.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:43 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Glester1 wrote:
Today is the end of day 12. Had a better day than yesterday from the meds. Clondine probably helping the most. Got Ativan today. I'm not doing anymore klonapin. Quit xanax 4 days ago. Probably explains my ER visit yesterday. Coming off subs and benzos at the same time, I wouldn't recommend. I did research on Ativan versus Klonopin. A .5 kpin is equal to 1 mg of Ativan. Which is what I got. Ativan isn't addicting like Klonopin n xanax. I'm using Ativan to get off benzos. I just can't wait till tomorrow. Day 13 at noon.

benzos can be harder to get off than opiates. it can actually be life threatening.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know that. You can die from zanny withdrawal. Alcoholism too. I don't drink, just saying. Well today is day 5 with no xanax, last kpin I took was at 10 am yesterday. Ativan is a non narcotic controlled substance, if that makes sense, so I'm only taking that for 5 days then I'm gonna stop completely. I only like benzos when I'm on something else. Never in my 15 years of back n forth addiction have I ever done benzos sober. They make me tired sober. When I quit Ativan I may get a little tired that's it. I'm aware of the dangers. I finally feel like I've on my way back up. Feeling a little better. So far. It's 9:33 am Fri. I've been eating bigger meals and go walking which is tough. Thanks for the responses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"Ativan isn't addicting like Klonopin n xanax. I'm using Ativan to get off benzos."

Ativan IS a benzo.. and it IS addicting. Be careful. & good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 pm 

Hi Glester, Welcome! Yes, Jess is right! Ativan is a highly addictive benzo just like the others, but it sounds like you may already know that and have experience with it! I hope you are through the worst and it sounds like you are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel! Please keep posting so that we know how you are doing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I only plan on taking the Ativan for 7 days. I've been off xanax for 5 , kpins stopped when I got the Ativan. So 7 days from now both should be out of my system without taking Ativan long enough to get hooked. Plus withdrawal from Ativan is mild. You don't get the floppin around like a fish issue
Lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh and by the way today is day 13 and I feel a little better. I've been drinking this alkaline88 water it's got pH and stuff like
electrolytes. I'm chugging all the time. "Water"! Lol my only issue is sadness,very emotional, and I get this anxiety pressure in my chest. I usually walk when that happens, which just to get dressed n shoes on is difficult. I only experience that during the day. At least my legs can set still. I toss n turn a little but not like 5 days ago. Gonna take ambian for a few more days then break them in half. Sober, I have no health issues. Just addiction. Thanks Jess n Michelle. I find it easier to confide in woman then men. Thsnks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:20 pm 

During one of the many times I tried to stop taking my drug of choice, which was morphine at the time, I went to my regular doctor (not a suboxone dr) and asked for comfort meds. He gave me Phenergin, Clonidine and Adivan....I know I spelled all those totally wrong lol. Anyway, I went home and took it just like he told me to and slept for 7 days straight pretty much lol. I wasn't ever a benzo taker. Those 3 medications combined was wonderful as far as not feeling discomfort and if I wouldn't have to ever worry about cravings, I could have walked away with that combo. But I remember adivan being very wanted by ppl who abused benzo. It wasn't their first choice of course, but they'd get high off it, they just took more.

In rehab, during a detox period, they used valium and the other meds I listed above with some more things added too. I felt fine until that 5 days detox was over. After it was over is when the depression and fatigue just overwhelmed me for months. It's rough and ppl who aren't addicts have no idea what we go through. They should admire all of us for fighting this fight!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes you're no kidding. It is a battle. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be one of those people that have never seen this side of life. I envy them sometimes. Well enough pitty.
Today is day 17 off Suboxone, day 7 off Xanax, and day 2 off kpins. I'll take the last of my Ativan tomorrow then I'll be on my own. I think I'm passed the Suboxone withdrawal except for the fatigue, bad today, still left the house. It's almost 7pm now. I just drank this grass n cucumber n bullshit drink then forced myself to est dinner before I walk. That's another thing, my appetite sucks. That could be the tailends of everything put together. In 17 days I stopped Suboxone cold turkey 17 days ago, quit Xanax with an aid called kpin 7 days ago,. Quit kpins 2 days ago, my Ativan runs out tomorrow. I think after the next couple days I'm gonna take a turn for the better. My ex quit and she said she knew the first day she was better, everything is so clear she says. My day is coming.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats you're doing awesome.

Taking on a benzo detox at the same time is Punishment with a capital P. But you should be coming out of the back-end by now and each day should be easier. Well done!!!

Now for the long-game...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I had my day wrong cause Mon night I ran out of Ativan, so if course Tues night sucked, no sleep, the wed I felt OK even with no sleep Tues night. Even my last two ambian couldn't knock me out. I only had 9 to start. I'm at the end of day 19 and had a terrible anxiety filled day. I wanted to know if it was Suboxone or benzo. I ate a Xanax n I felt better. A mistake im sure. I'm scared for tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:49 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You can do this Glester1!
Just think ok, what is the worst case scenario that can happen regarding what you're anxious about. then problem solve it.
also, envision a chalkboard or dry erase marker and "write" your worry on it, then erase it.
also envision a bright red stop sigh to remind yourself to stop the behavior you want to end.
Good luck!