It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: 4 mg jump
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh yeah, i don't do Benzos or anything else anymore. Just subs and grape crush. I love that stuff! Anyways...I'm sure u guys see it but the end if page 4 has my first post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:41 pm 

Oh Glester! Maybe my mom instincts are in overdrive because my son just left for college, but I just want to give you a big hug and tell you it will be ok!

I'm so glad that you are honest about how you are feeling. You are so brave to be vulnerable to a bunch of strangers, but we are here to help. I wish I could do the things I will ask you to do for you or at least with you. If you were in my area I would make sure that I met up with you to discuss your options. Since I can't do that, we will have to settle for posting and PMs.

To me it sounds like you are in the midst of a major depressive episode. Whether that is caused by PAWS or the chemistry in your brain, you need to get on the road toward recovery from your depression. Now taking some small steps forward is hard when you're in this depressive state, but I have to ask you to push yourself to do a couple of things.

First of all, if you want to PM me and tell me where you live, I will help you search for mental health services that you can afford. If you don't feel that you need my help that is just fine! Do you have any family members who might be willing to help? It's one of the hallmarks of depression to feel stuck and to not see a light at the end of the tunnel. My son went through clinical depression at age 8. He felt very out of control and couldn't see a way forward. I found him a great child psychologist and she helped him so much! So there is help! And I know it's hard to take the initial steps toward getting help, but it's essential. Here is a link to help you get started:

https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/life/lo ... -services/

If you PM me with the area in which you live I can be a lot more helpful. Ultimately, I think that you need to see a doctor, possibly a psychiatrist. It could be that the right combination of medications could make the difference that you need to improve your state of mind. This is not your fault and you deserve help!

You are worth taking these steps forward to make your life better, Glester. Please get in touch with me!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:27 pm 

Glester Amy is the perfect person to talk to, I think u should definitely talk more with her.

When I got out of rehab I was feeling exactly like u describe. I held on with all my might for 5-6 months and I relapsed. I became the biggest hermit ever because eventually the sheer thought of speaking to someone terrified me. In the beginning I did try NA and counseling (it wasn't addiction counseling though), I tried Celebrate Recovery, I tried going out with old friends that weren't addicts.... I just couldn't get myself out of the funk. I have to believe it was PAWS and cravings but I honestly don't know for sure. But that feeling of just being stuck and alone (and being scared to be anything but alone) wouldn't go away. I do wish I'd tried addiction counseling and I also think I may have benefited from an antidepressant. I wish I'd have reached out for help more though because looking bk I don't feel like I gave anything I tried much dedication because I could not see a light at the end of the tunnel, like Amy mentioned.

I hope u do find some help. What ur going through is very relatable to many of us. Life itself can be so hard, I believe addicts have to fight even harder. Most of the time we need help to get out of that state.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glester it is really common for people who end up substance dependent to also have mental health issues. I personally believe that's the cause behind why many of us end up turning to drugs in the first place.

Have you ever had your depressive symptoms checked out, or had treatment for any mental health issues? It might help.

Good on you for backing up and going to work each day despite your symptoms.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

4mg is a very high dose to jump off from. I owuld suggest tappering down to 3mg for a few months. Then to 2mg. Then to 1mg- each with a few months in between to get used to the dose.

I couldn't imagine jumping at 4mg. That's my current dose and I'm still battling my cravings at 6mg a day.