It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Jump at 1 mg?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Has anyone ever jumped at 1 mg? If so- how bad was it? I know it's recommended to get to .5 mg or lower. But I'm bad at tapering.

Post subject: Re: Jump at 1 mg?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there,

I jumped at 1mg a few years ago and it wasnt that bad. I guess it all depends on your mind set. If you are ready then you are ready. I would try to gear up with comfort meds and distractions for yourself. I would also prepare for about 10 days of withdraws with possible lingering effects. But 1mg is definitely doable and I would see how it goes. If it gets bad, then maybe get back on Suboxone but less this time. Like .5mg and get stable on that dose and then try it again once you stabilize on that dose. I have seen people jump from way higher of a dose and make so 1mg should be ok. AND... worse case scenario, you can always get back on the medication.

You seem ready, so give it a try!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I hear ya about the taper. I couldn't taper below 6mgs and was mostly at 8mgs. Withdrawals suck, and you will have to go through them, but the lower you can go the easier it will be. Or at least it may be shorter. It also just depends on you and your body. This is just my opinion, which is probably wrong and stupid, but I think my body disposed of it faster than most. I would take 2mgs 4 times a day, sometimes more, and usually the last one was just a few hours before I went to bed. If I didn't take another 2mgs before about 10am or so I felt the start of withdrawal. My worst withdrawals from 8mgs was days 2-5, where I've seen people jump off at 2mgs and there worst day was day 7-10 or so. I can't give any advice on a taper, but if you really want off this drug and you can't taper any further just do it. If you've had enough time to get your life in order and believe you are strong enough then go for it. Another suggestion is to go back to the threads of Trainer and Butterflying and Johnny-Ikon and read through them. If I got my facts straight, I believe Trainer jumped from a higher dose, Butterfly and Johhny jumped from smaller. MelissaCNA also has a thread and I think she jumped from 1 or 2mgs and hers is most recent. Just compare and contrast, although you will probably have your own unique withdrawal. Anyways, I know this wasn't helpful but if you jump, keep posts on the forum for others who may be in your shoes later to view and so we can keep up with you. Good luck, may the best option win. :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There are threads on this site from people who jumped at 2 mg/day and higher, and who did just fine.

I jumped at a lower dose than you're planning, but I'm not sure it was worth it. Tapering down below 1 mg/day really sucked at times, I think it would have been easier just to jump at a higher dose, and get to it.

Good luck.

-- ji

PS: FWIW I'm coming up on 5 months since my jump, and it's been amazing. Sobriety keeps getting better and better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the input everyone! I've tapered down to 1 mg from 4 mg and every day I tell myself to go lower, I just don't do it.