It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:47 pm 

oclafsti wrote:
Trollll this would never happen trolll and you all fell for their trolling

Once again, your post is provocative and lends nothing to the conversation.

Congratulations, Dave! I'm so glad that the outcome was so positive!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oclafsti wrote:
Trollll this would never happen trolll and you all fell for their trolling

Just in case there are any doubts, this is an unacceptable post and has been addressed by forum moderators via Private Message.

If anyone has questions about forum moderation in general or anything specific to this post, please feel free to contact a moderator.

Maintdave, I hope this hasn't scared you off. Let us know how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The thing I find sad is that some douchebag of a judge has made Maintdave go and spend $1500 he didn't have. Sorry to hear about the situation, glad it worked out in the end.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Yay!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dave,

I'm SOOO happy this worked out! I just stumbled on this thread and yes, like everyone else, I'm appalled that judges can do this stuff. Not surprised, as I've been appearing before judges for almost a decade now (LOL, but not really ;) A lot of people don't realize that judges can do just about anything based on whatever insane whim they happen to be having that day. Disgusting!

But I'm very relieved it worked out,

Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Maintdave wrote:
I have been on and off Suboxone for five years now. I have been serious for the last two years, since my last arreset. I got a DUI January 2010 (heroin related). I went to court and got a two year conditional discharge (basicly, two years probation). I was ordered to 75 hours of DUI classes. After completing 58 of my 75 hours the counsler wanted to talk to my doctor about taking me off Suboxone. I didn't think it was her decision. She asked me to sign a release so she can get my medical records, and if I refused,she would remove me from class. I refused and was dicharged from class. It took a few weeks to find another place that would give me credit for the hours that I have already completed. During this time, my probation officer violated me on my probation for not completing the classes fast enough. And she had me sign a bunch of releases, one of them...my doctor. I had to go to court in Novermber, the judge asked me if I could have proof that i had re-enrolled in a class within 30 days. I told him that would not be a problem. I went back to court in December with proof that the judge asked for. But, much to my surprise- it was a different judge. I started to explain to him why I was there - at the same time he was reading my file. All the sudden he said, "YOUR ON SUBOXONE"? and I said, "yes, but the reason why im here is.." He then said, "THAT STUFF IS A JOKE, PEOPLE ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO TAKE THAT FOR MORE THAN 11 DAYS". I said, "I dont mean to be disrespectful, but that is what helped me stay clean". He said,"YOUR NOT CLEAN..YOUR ON A VERY POWERFUL DRUG". I told him that I was seeing a licesened doctor. He said, "MICHEAL JACKSON WAS SEEING A DOCTOR TOO, LOOK WHERE IT GOT HIM". I told him that i really think that Suboxone has helped me and that I am affriad to relapse. And he said, "THATS YOUR ADDICTION TALKING, AND YOUR GOING TO RELAPSE....THATS ALL PART OF IT". He threatened to put me in jail until I can tell him that I no longer need Suboxone. I told him it was not nesasarry. He said he would give me 60 days to get off of it and gave me a court date for 4/13.

When I saw my doctor I told him what happened in court. He said that he has never heard of the 11 day maximum for taking suboxone. He said I had a right to be treated for addiction and suggusted that I hire a Civil Attorney. He wrote the prescription for the normal amount...with a refill. I felt pretty good when I left the doctors office.

I called a couple attorney's. One of them want $2500.00 as a retainer, plus they said I would have to compensate my doctor to appear in court. If I could get my doctor to appear in court - I wouldn't need the attorney.
I have completed the DUI classes, but I still have the Suboxone issue.
With my court date approaching...any ideas?
I don't think that is right at all, talk to a public defender, and see if you can go in front of another Judge! They just don't understand how it works or may not really know much about it and just going on hersay. That Judge needs to be educated and updated.