It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started out with a broken heart, kidney stones and dealing with a terminal illness that my wife was diagnosed with.
I had legitimate pain from the kidney stones but started to use the Opiates to cover up the emotional pain I was going through. I never took street drugs but I would keep trading off between Percocet, Tylenol 3, Tramadol, Vicodin, etc. that was all prescribed for me. Because of the Opiates and the constant fear of going through withdrawal every few weeks when I would run out and have to lie to get more, I ended up with an anxiety problem and was put on Lorazapam.
I did this routine for about 5 or 6 years until one day I told myself I had enough. I called all my doctors and told them and detoxed on my own at home for eight weeks. I finally had to be put in the hospital because I ran out of Lorazapam and was in stage 2 of withdrawal which can be life threatening. (In my opinion this drug should never be given outside of a hospital setting)
I stayed clean for quite a while but eventually was put back on Vicodin for legitimate pain I was having. I then sought the help of our doc who put me on Suboxone and it was a miracle drug. I eventually switch to Subutex as it was determined I didn’t need to be on the Suboxone.
Because of that drug I am taking an interest in life again instead of withdrawing from it. I don’t have to worry about running out of the Opiates and facing that awful feeling every few weeks. As a side benefit my over active bowel has been cured and I don’t have those horrible cramps, chills and unpredictable bathroom habits that make work a nightmare.
I would recommend this drug to anyone who has a problem with Opiates. I don’t have any cravings. As a matter of fact I don’t even think about the addiction much anymore but it has given me the chance to realize how much of an addiction I do have and how easily I can get myself into trouble if I don’t stay conscious of that fact.
Rae

Post subject: To Raeolea
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hope I spelled your name right. Your story is brave, courageous and most of all inspirational. I enjoy your posts :wink: