It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:27 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Say there Lifesaver, how long you been on Subs and how much you taking each day??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:48 am 
SeekinSober:

I've been taking sub for 20 months. I started with 24mg's then down to 16mg's,and now i take 10mg's. I havent had any relapses or anything. Im a very strong supporter of the medication i will admit that. I just want you to succeed is all and thats why i say the things i've said. If it has came across any differently, then i apologize. Goodluck with your taper!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:22 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Good for you. I wish you luck and success n your journey. I, too, think this med is a lifesaver. A true lifesaver.

Day 18

Day one at .6mg a day.

Well things are going really really well. However for some reason I'm very excited/anxious about this reduction. I guess when you get don to this level it's not a whole lotta sub one puts under their tongue. But it's very excited as I can see the faintest of lights at the end of the tunnel. like the very first pangs of a sunrise.

Anyway, I'm excited to get through this week. I'm very happy, very humble to be where I am.

Good luck and God Bless!!

Day 1 3mg
Day 2 2mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 2mg
Day 5 1.5mg
Day 6 1.5mg
Day 7 1.5mg
Day 8 1.125mg
Day 9 1.125mg
Day 10 1.125mg
Day 11 1.00mg
Day 12 1.00mg
Day 13 1.00mg
Day 14 .80 mg
Day 15 .80 mg
Day 16 .80 mg
Day 17 .80 mg
Day 18 ,60 mg

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

IF OPIATE ADDICTION/DEPENDENCE AND RECOVERY FROM SUCH AN AFFLICTION COULD BE REDUCED TO
THE CUT AND DRY TEMPLATES OF POLL TAKING AND STATISTICS I DON'T THINK THAT THEIR WOULD BE THAT
MUCH LEFT TO DO BEFORE THE PROBLEM WAS SOLVED.

STATISTICS AND POLLS AS EMPLOYED WITH ADDICTION/DEPENDENCE AND RECOVERY.THEY ARE WORTHLESS AND HAVE ZERO VALUE FOR THE ONES WHO ARE TRULY COMMITED AND READY TO MOVE ON.

WHEN I DECIDED TO STOP USING ALCOHOL I NEVER CONSULTED THE STATISTICS. WHEN I DECIDED TO QUIT USING VALIUM I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT MY ODDS AND SAME GOES FOR MY HABIT WITH SPEED. IF SOMEONE ,OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEART,HAD FELT COMPELLED TO INFORM ME HOW LIKELY IT WAS FOR ME TO FAIL (100% RELAPSE RATE BUDDY JUST CAUSE I CARE)I WOULD'VE DISASSOCIATED MYSELF FROM THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,THESE TYPES ARE LONELY IN THEIR STATE OF AFFAIRS AND DESIRE TO DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR HOPLESSNESS , MISERY LOVES COMPANY........DO YOU SEE THE ABSURDITY OF IT ALL?!

STATISTICS AND POLLS ARE A LAME ATTEMPT TO TAKE AN INFINITELY COMPLICATED HUMAN PROCESS AND RE-DUCE
IT TO AN EASY TO HANDLE MENTAL COMMODITY THAT IS CONVENIENT FOR THE PERPRETRATOR TO USE AS A BUTRESS
IN FAVOR OF WHATEVER HE/SHE DECIDES TO DO..(100% RELAPSE RATE WOULD CERTAINLY REINFORCE ONES DECISION
TO GIVE UP ON ONES ATTEMPT AT ABSTINANCE BASED RECOVERY) IF ONE WERE IN NEED TO JUSTIFY THERE CONTINUED USE OF A SUBSTANCE THEN THE STATISTICS WOULD CERTAINLY BE AN EFFECTIVE TOOL TO THAT END.WHAT IS TRULY SAD IS THAT THIS IS DONE AT THE EXPENSE OF THOSE WHO ARE SIMPLE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THE STATISTICS IN THE FIRST PLACE. IN SOME CASES THE IMPROPER USE OF STATISTICS BORDERS DANGEROUSLY ON
MIND CONTROL I.E. CULTURE CREATION/OPINION MAKERS/AGENTS OF CONCENCUS
ONES DECISION TO PURSUE ABSTINANCE BASED RECOVERY SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED WITH EQUAL FORCE AS ONES DECISION TO USE OPIATE REPLACEMENT. I THANK SEEKINSOBER FOR SHARING AND I AM STRONGER FOR IT,AND EVEN IF YOU DO STUMBLE ALONG THE WAY YOU SHOULDN'T BE SHAMED BY IT,REGARDLESS OF THOSE WHO ARE JUST ITCHING TO SAY "I TOLD YOU SO" ( THATS ALL WHAT STATISTICS ARE GOOD FOR..).. AS SOON AS SOMEONE STUMBLES OUT COME THE STATISTICS.

USE YOUR POWER FOR GOOD.

SINCERELY EIGHTMILEHIGH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

EIGHTMILESHIGH wrote:
IF OPIATE ADDICTION/DEPENDENCE AND RECOVERY FROM SUCH AN AFFLICTION COULD BE REDUCED TO
THE CUT AND DRY TEMPLATES OF POLL TAKING AND STATISTICS I DON'T THINK THAT THEIR WOULD BE THAT
MUCH LEFT TO DO BEFORE THE PROBLEM WAS SOLVED.

STATISTICS AND POLLS AS EMPLOYED WITH ADDICTION/DEPENDENCE AND RECOVERY.THEY ARE WORTHLESS AND HAVE ZERO VALUE FOR THE ONES WHO ARE TRULY COMMITED AND READY TO MOVE ON.

WHEN I DECIDED TO STOP USING ALCOHOL I NEVER CONSULTED THE STATISTICS. WHEN I DECIDED TO QUIT USING VALIUM I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT MY ODDS AND SAME GOES FOR MY HABIT WITH SPEED. IF SOMEONE ,OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEART,HAD FELT COMPELLED TO INFORM ME HOW LIKELY IT WAS FOR ME TO FAIL (100% RELAPSE RATE BUDDY JUST CAUSE I CARE)I WOULD'VE DISASSOCIATED MYSELF FROM THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,THESE TYPES ARE LONELY IN THEIR STATE OF AFFAIRS AND DESIRE TO DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR HOPLESSNESS , MISERY LOVES COMPANY........DO YOU SEE THE ABSURDITY OF IT ALL?!

STATISTICS AND POLLS ARE A LAME ATTEMPT TO TAKE AN INFINITELY COMPLICATED HUMAN PROCESS AND RE-DUCE
IT TO AN EASY TO HANDLE MENTAL COMMODITY THAT IS CONVENIENT FOR THE PERPRETRATOR TO USE AS A BUTRESS
IN FAVOR OF WHATEVER HE/SHE DECIDES TO DO..(100% RELAPSE RATE WOULD CERTAINLY REINFORCE ONES DECISION
TO GIVE UP ON ONES ATTEMPT AT ABSTINANCE BASED RECOVERY) IF ONE WERE IN NEED TO JUSTIFY THERE CONTINUED USE OF A SUBSTANCE THEN THE STATISTICS WOULD CERTAINLY BE AN EFFECTIVE TOOL TO THAT END.WHAT IS TRULY SAD IS THAT THIS IS DONE AT THE EXPENSE OF THOSE WHO ARE SIMPLE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THE STATISTICS IN THE FIRST PLACE. IN SOME CASES THE IMPROPER USE OF STATISTICS BORDERS DANGEROUSLY ON
MIND CONTROL I.E. CULTURE CREATION/OPINION MAKERS/AGENTS OF CONCENCUS
ONES DECISION TO PURSUE ABSTINANCE BASED RECOVERY SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED WITH EQUAL FORCE AS ONES DECISION TO USE OPIATE REPLACEMENT. I THANK SEEKINSOBER FOR SHARING AND I AM STRONGER FOR IT,AND EVEN IF YOU DO STUMBLE ALONG THE WAY YOU SHOULDN'T BE SHAMED BY IT,REGARDLESS OF THOSE WHO ARE JUST ITCHING TO SAY "I TOLD YOU SO" ( THATS ALL WHAT STATISTICS ARE GOOD FOR..).. AS SOON AS SOMEONE STUMBLES OUT COME THE STATISTICS.

USE YOUR POWER FOR GOOD.

SINCERELY EIGHTMILEHIGH

I loved reading this!! There is so much truth in what you said. It was the same way for me in finally quitting drinking. Before I decided I was absolutely DONE with with alcohol, I spent much time feeling helpless and fearless of this thing I could not control, this thing that was dooming me to failure no matter what I did. How could I argue with scientific facts? I was doomed to be a drunk unless I was physically inside a meeting or locked up somewhere in detox. I was told how unlikely it was that I would ever succeed in staying off alcohol long-term and that I couldn't be anywhere around it or I would most likely be overcome with such an insane desire to drink that before I knew it, I'd be wasted and calling my sponser, wondering what in the hell had happened. And this is exactly what happened to me and I wasn't surprised because it was just as I'd been told. And when I explained my relapses to my family, I references all those statistics about how I was doomed to failure by this disease I'd never asked to have, and I kind of shrugged my shoulders and I figured "Oh well, guess I'll try again." But I didn't really believe in myself and I was very psyched out. The big switch flipped in my head when someone leading our group phrased it all very differently. I listened to him and could feel power surge back into my soul. Power and responsibility. I decided at that time to believe in my power and feel the weight of the responsibility I now felt after acknowledging that I possessed it. I had the power to be sober, despite the statistics. Reality is that booze is everywhere and I would learn to be around it and not pick up. I WOULD and I DID!! I do not fool myself into thinking I could have 'just one' (that's where the powerlessness lies), but I absolutely have the power to never have any at all. Believing in myself and my ability to make good decisions for myself because I want to have a good life and I want to be healthy....this belief is the basis to all my successes in fighting addiction. I won't drink today, tomorrow, or ever. I know I'm not supposed to say that. I'm not supposed to have that much confidence, but I just do. The BIGGEST challenge to my sobriety, once I'd decided it was truly what I wanted and would do anything for, was the fact that NOBODY thought I'd be successful. Considering the statistics and my history, I truly can't blame them, but it certainly made it harder at first. Now, 5+ years later without one drop of alcohol, I think I've proven myself.

SeekinSober, it's pretty clear to me that you have decided that the best thing for you to do it to taper off Suboxone at a pretty rapid rate. I'm sure no statistical facts or articles are very likely to change your mind at this point and I'm not at all convinced you should change your mind. This is what you want. I wish you the very best of luck and I do believe you can do this.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thank you all. And I do mean all. I respect and thank everyone who've chimed in. I do read it. study it, and ponder all that is written. I am humbled that you care about me enough to take time to help me. I am deeply humbled and thankful.

But I am tunnel visioned as to this taper. How many people right now would like a chance, just one chance, to at sobriety?? A chance without withdrawals, a chance at freedom. have to do this right now. Today I haven't used. We'll deal with tomorrow tomorrow. I am very scared. Scared of the power of Suboxone, scared of the weeks of misery some experience when stopping at a high dose or long time use. I am scared to go back to using. This is my chance. I must do this.

Day 19

Day two at .6 mg a day

So, I kinda thought this drop would hurt. But so far...............................nothing. I did experience my second night of night sweats since I started this taper. But thats doable and I'm sleeping 8 hours a night, working out daily, and no other discomforts at all.

I couldn't be happier,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I forgot this part. I like this part, it's a quick visual of my progress and so far success.

Day 1 3mg
Day 2 2mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 2mg
Day 5 1.5mg
Day 6 1.5mg
Day 7 1.5mg
Day 8 1.125mg
Day 9 1.125mg
Day 10 1.125mg
Day 11 1.00mg
Day 12 1.00mg
Day 13 1.00mg
Day 14 .80 mg
Day 15 .80 mg
Day 16 .80 mg
Day 17 .80 mg
Day 18 .60 mg
Day 19 .60 mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, only two nights of sweats that aren't all that bad...that's a pretty smooth journey IMO! Phew! Don't you love it when you expect to feel like crap and then it doesn't happen?

I love writing my tapering doses in a list like that and seeing my progress by glancing from top to bottom. I started at 8 mg though and am having wwwaaaaayyy more symptoms than you, obviously, after 5+ years on Sub. Still, it's Day 82 and now I'm down to 2.5 and I'm okay. This tapering feels like a huge accomplishment of discipline and will. I think I deserve some prize or something on Day 100.

Good luck! I am rooting for you!! I love watching your progress on here.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

LadderTripper you are doing a GREAT job. I don't know much, but I know this; listen to your body, pay attention to what it is telling you. You must do what is correct for you. You are moving in the right direction. AND THAT IS AN AMAZING AND WONDERFUL THING!!

I refuse to believe I am powerless. I can't say for certain I will quit forever. I just want to quit for today. We'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

EightMilesHigh thank you. What you posted I needed. Thank you tahnk you thank you.

SO far today is a GREAT day.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SeekinSober, thanks for that thumbs up. I feel pretty proud of myself, to be honest. I didn't know I had it in me to be so dedicated to a slow-ish process that doesn't grant me immediate gratification. I just WANT THIS SO BAD!!!!!! Actually, I am doing exactly what you recommended and listening to my body. Sometimes, it's inexplicably hard to taper to a certain dose and I have to stay there longer than maybe I expected or wished. However, every single time, I end up adjusting and being ready to go down again. As soon as my body gives me the thumbs up, I drop down again. This last drop from 3 to 2.5 was a cinch. I never, ever thought I could do this, but I CAN!!! It's a huge boost to my confidence to see that I can be this driven about something.

Woohooo! Here's to success for us both!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I THINK IT IS SAFE TO SAY THAT WE DO HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE DECISIONS AND ALSO THE PRIVELEDGE OF HELPING ONE ANOTHER ALONG THE WAY. I KNOW THAT WITH THE ENCOURAGEMENT OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU I WILL NOT ONLY HAVE VICTORY
BUT I WILL DISCOVER THAT I NEED NOT DREAD EVEN THE WORST POSSIBLE DETOX SCENARIO. I AM LEARNING TO USE MY
IMAGINATION AS A POWERFUL TOOL IN MY RECOVERY, I AM CAREFULLY FILTERING OUT USELESS DATA AND LEARNING TO THINK
FOR MYSELF MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY. DRUG ADDICTION HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR
ME, I HAVE LEARNED MANY THINGS ABOUT MYSELF THAT I'M NOT SURE I'D HAVE LEARNED ANY OTHER WAY.

ANYWAY THANK YOU LADDERTRIPPER FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT IT MEANS A LOT TO ME AND SEEKINSOBER THANK YOU FOR
KEEPING A POSITIVE AND CAN DO ATTITUDE THROUGHOUT.

SINCERELY EIGHTMILESHIGH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

It's been a looooooooooong time since I felt good about myself. But for the last two weeks I've regained a bit of confidence, a tiny bit of hope. Is there a future for me without opiates?? I sure hope so. I have to give myself a chance, just one chance at freedom.

I wish you all the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:42 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 20

Day three at .6 mg a day

So far so good, no symptoms of any kind. I'm toying with reducing again tomorrow. I think I'll go down to .5 mg.

Things are going well.

Day 1 3mg
Day 2 2mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 2mg
Day 5 1.5mg
Day 6 1.5mg
Day 7 1.5mg
Day 8 1.125mg
Day 9 1.125mg
Day 10 1.125mg
Day 11 1.00mg
Day 12 1.00mg
Day 13 1.00mg
Day 14 .80 mg
Day 15 .80 mg
Day 16 .80 mg
Day 17 .80 mg
Day 18 .60 mg
Day 19 .60 mg
Day 20 .60 mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Glad it's going well for you. Keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:11 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 21

Day one at .5 mg a day.

Well I was feeling so good I went ahead and reduced this morning, just from .6 to .5 mg a day. I was kind of torn before I did it. I mean physically, mentally, emotionally I feel outstanding. But I don't want to get in too much of a hurry. I want to make sure I give my self, my brain, more good time to get this right the first time. I don't want to make a mistake of going to fast and increasing my relapse chances.

But then again .5 mg a day is a very large hurdle for me to get over. .5 mg a day represents the point at which, if I HAD to I could jump from here. I'm not saying I'm going to, or that I even want to. But the fact remains that I could do so with a minimum of problems. At least in my mind.

So I plan on four days each at .5, .4, .3, .2, .1 then hop off and walk across the street. That's my plan, and we all know how life fouls up our best laid plans. This will give me twenty more days, making my taper a six week adventure. We'll see how this works out.

Overall I feel fine, physically I'm great. Zero problems. I have been reflecting what this addiction has caused me, and I must look forward with hope and vigor, while never forgetting from where it is that I have come. I'm not at all ready to quit forever. That's way too daunting, scary. I'll just make sure i quit for today. Let's deal with tomorrow tomorrow.

Three weeks clean from Oxycodones. That's a thing I thought I might never do. Wish me luck, pray for me, send me good vibes, cast a favorable spell upon me. Think good of me and wish me success.

Day 1 3mg
Day 2 2mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 2mg
Day 5 1.5mg
Day 6 1.5mg
Day 7 1.5mg
Day 8 1.125mg
Day 9 1.125mg
Day 10 1.125mg
Day 11 1.00mg
Day 12 1.00mg
Day 13 1.00mg
Day 14 .80 mg
Day 15 .80 mg
Day 16 .80 mg
Day 17 .80 mg
Day 18 .60 mg
Day 19 .60 mg
Day 20 .60 mg
Day 21 .50 mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 22

Day two at .5 mg a day.

Things are great. No problems at all to speak of. Already looking forward to my next reduction. It's exciting to be seeing the progress, and my ability to stay on track. This is more an art than science.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

Day 1 3mg
Day 2 2mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 2mg
Day 5 1.5mg
Day 6 1.5mg
Day 7 1.5mg
Day 8 1.125mg
Day 9 1.125mg
Day 10 1.125mg
Day 11 1.00mg
Day 12 1.00mg
Day 13 1.00mg
Day 14 .80 mg
Day 15 .80 mg
Day 16 .80 mg
Day 17 .80 mg
Day 18 .60 mg
Day 19 .60 mg
Day 20 .60 mg
Day 21 .50 mg
Day 22 .50 mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:41 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 23

Day three at .5 mg a day.

A cold Saturday morning here, 5 degrees. Things are going steadily forward.

My plan is to reduce every four days with stops at .4, .3, .2, .1 Then jump and walk away.

That would be 17 more days. What is 17 days in an entire lifetime??

So far this has been painless.

Day 1 3mg
Day 2 2mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 2mg
Day 5 1.5mg
Day 6 1.5mg
Day 7 1.5mg
Day 8 1.125mg
Day 9 1.125mg
Day 10 1.125mg
Day 11 1.00mg
Day 12 1.00mg
Day 13 1.00mg
Day 14 .80 mg
Day 15 .80 mg
Day 16 .80 mg
Day 17 .80 mg
Day 18 .60 mg
Day 19 .60 mg
Day 20 .60 mg
Day 21 .50 mg
Day 22 .50 mg
Day 23 .50 mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 24

Day four at .5 mg a day

I could have reduced today, but I chose to keep it steady. Tomorrow i go to .4 mg a day.

All is well, I couldn't be happier.

I wish y'all the best today.

Day 1 3mg
Day 2 2mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 2mg
Day 5 1.5mg
Day 6 1.5mg
Day 7 1.5mg
Day 8 1.125mg
Day 9 1.125mg
Day 10 1.125mg
Day 11 1.00mg
Day 12 1.00mg
Day 13 1.00mg
Day 14 .80 mg
Day 15 .80 mg
Day 16 .80 mg
Day 17 .80 mg
Day 18 .60 mg
Day 19 .60 mg
Day 20 .60 mg
Day 21 .50 mg
Day 22 .50 mg
Day 23 .50 mg
Day 24 .50 mg

Post subject: Nice job
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, I'm glad to hear about the absence of symptoms! I guess it's easier for you because you've been on Sub for such a short time? Is that it? I'm on day 87 of my taper and I'm at 2 mg and started at 8 mg and I am NOT symptom-free at all. At the same time, it's not bad whatsoever. I'm shocked at how quickly you are reducing without getting sick.

Doesn't documenting it and seeing how dedicated and consistent you can be just impress the hell out of you?! I did not realize I had such determination in me anymore. I mean, everyday that I get through, especially the ones when I don't feel well, and then I look back and see that I stuck to my dose regardless, well, all those days feel like I won a mental game I'm playing with myself.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:27 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

It is good to get a visual on your success, that's a fact. I think your doing a fabulous job. it seems that long term users have to go much, much slower on a Suboxone taper. And that's fine, just as long as we're taking steps in the right direction we'll get where we want to be, know matter how quick we're walking.

I wish you the very best, and thanks for your kindness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next