It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: So right
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Exercise is truly the key, IMO. It helps you adjust faster to a lower dose and when you're doing it, it relieves a lot of the w/d symptoms. It blows me away how when I'm doing something strenuous enough, I feel nothing bad. I think it's making your body pump those chemicals that its craving so much and it's all natural. Plus, everyone likes the results of working out. We all like to be in shape. Good job for sticking with your workout regimen!! I'm getting there, lol.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 69

Jump + 29

Whew, I'm tired. That good tired. Worked hard today, then came home and worked out hard. I'm on the couch now for the evening, as I work an early shift tomorrow.

Today I was thinking about where I am and thought I'd add this to the thread: I decided early on that I needed to heal my body, my mind, and my soul. Those three things make up three aspects of wellness. Sobriety makes this possible for me now. I'm in a pretty good place in all three aspects, and so far everyday shows improvement.

I wish you all the very Best!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:51 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Sober!
I had to drop the Seekin from your screen name,you made it!!! Must feel so good to be on the other side!! You really have come so far! :) Congratulations!!!

That's so great to hear you made it through this taper & jump with little or no wd symptoms! Wish we were all that lucky :lol: !! Did you exercise all through your taper? I have kept up on your thread here and I really enjoy reading about your progress! You are truly an inspiration for all of us who are in the taper process!

I also wanted to let you know I sent you a pm the other day :) I hope to hear from you when you get a chance! :D

:D :D Keep up the awesome work :wink: :wink:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 74

Hello and be well. just got my acceptance letter, I start RN classes in August. I'm currently working as a Tech in a Rehab Hospital, so I'm beginning over at 43. :). It can be done, and is a whale of a challenge. But then again quitting opiates is a whale of a challenge as well.

Been watching the Disasters in Japan. It seems to worsen instead of improve. I'm a science geek and watching the terror coming from the nuclear plants is chilling. Things could get terrible bad, but they aren't there yet. Fascinating, terrifying stuff.

I wish you all the very best!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:05 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 110

I took a break from posting but am back. I am still sober. I lost internet service for a while but have been wanting to post for a while so I am back.

Good luck to you all. I wish you the best!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey seekin,
I have question for you. I am 6 days into my jump (jumped really low at .016mg) and I think I am 99% normal again as in I dont think I am suffering any PAWS. I feel especially amazing in the morning. When did you stop improving after you jumped? was it days or months? when did you know you were 100% back to the way you were before subs is my question I guess. Thanks a bunch and I am glad I can join you as a retired sub user!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:48 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I must admit I never felt bad when I jumped, I never really suffered throughout my taper. I just felt better a lil each day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I never felt "bad" either, in fact I feel much better off than I did on. I just want to know how long before you knew you were totally 100% back to how you were before you were on subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well I can't rightly say. That is a tough question. I feel very good, but don't know if I'm pre opiate like condition or if I'll ever be. I wish I could be clearer. But I just can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

ok, thanks anyway. I hope you continue doing well.

Post subject: wishin I could jump
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I can go around 2 days without suboxone at around 1mg dosage. then I feel like I just gotta take a piece of a strip. can a film be dissolved? I wanna taper using the liquid method. sounds promising. I been off IV oxy contin for 5 years. Time to move on. I'm one semester away from getting my degree inpsychology. I wanna be free from all this madness when I start my carrer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Not sure if you can dissolve the strips but when I was cutting the 8mg strips into teeny pieces someone here recommended I get the 2mg strips and cut those.. so thats what I did and tapered from there
good luck, go slow and listen to your body

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

you dont need to do the liquid method with the strips because you can cut them very very small. I cut mine down to .016mg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks. I havent took any in 2 days. I'm waiting on the symptoms to begin before I take anything. It would be nice if they never come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been following this thread with interest. It is so strange, how some people insist that their withdrawal while tapering buprenorphine is absolutely horrible, and others find the symptoms to be very mild.

I have known a good number of people now who had almost no withdrawal at all, while stopping buprenorphine. I cannot find any common denominator-- except perhaps excercise. Another positive is having a personality where the person doesn't obsess over physical symptoms. I think that exercise MAKES people more tolerant of physical discomfort-- maybe that is one reason it is helpful.

Anyway... just wanted to say congratulations to the future RN--and thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm also very impressed by the discussion--- thanks, LadderTripper, for all of the great links.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dr. J, you bring up a question that has perplexed me for a great while now and funny enough, last week another piece of the puzzle fell into place for me.

Compared to many others on this board, even those who jumped from a fairly high dose like I did, my wd from Suboxone seems to have been fairly extreme and I have come up with a few "answers" as to why this might have been.

#1--During my entire Suboxone treatment, I basically abused my Suboxone. I didn't shoot it or snort it, I just took it several times per day in anticipation of that little bump in mood I would get from it. I hardly ever had Suboxone left over at the end of the month because I always took as much as I could, leaving myself empty handed on the day of my next Suboxone appointment.

#2--I have OCD tendencies. I'm not diagnosed a full blown OCD, but I certainly obsess over all manner of nonsense.

#3--This is the one that fell into place about a week ago, I was reading cnn.com and ran across an article titled "Introverts Run the World." I've known for a long time that I'm an introvert, but I didn't have a full appreciation of just what an introvert really is. After reading that article at cnn.com and then spending the rest of the afternoon learning (obsessing!) about introvert behavior, it dawned on me that being an introvert probably had a great deal to do with my wd being pretty harsh. Apparently, introverts spend a great deal of time in thought (I honestly thought everyone did that?), they spend a lot of time in reflection (I thought everyone did that too?). When someone is in wd and they're spending most of that time reflecting on how their feeling....well, it's like a feedback loop. I also learned that there is really no such thing as a person who is 100% introverted or 100% extraverted. These traits are measured on a kind of sliding scale, with almost 70% of the population falling somewhere in the middle (ambiversion). From what I've learned and understand about introversion/extraversion, I am firmly in the introvert camp.

I now believe that these 3 things combined had a huge effect on my wd.

On a side note, my recovery has moved ahead by leaps and bounds with this newfound knowledge of my introversion. For the longest time I've been trying to address behaviors that NA teaches are addict behaviors and all the while those behaviors are due to me being an introvert. For example, what I once considered to be self obsession I now understand is a component of introversion. I'm not necessarily self obsessed, I just enjoy spending time alone with my thoughts just as I enjoy spending time with my family or close friends. Now that I'm no longer beating my head against a wall trying to change those behaviors, things have obviously gotten a lot better.

Post subject: Introversion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo - I read a book called "The Introvert Advantage" a while ago, and I felt so relieved when I read about how most of my tendencies and how I deal with things is related to my introversion. I had never looked at it that way, I just thought I had something wrong with me. The book helped me a lot in learning how my termerament is the reason for many things I do, and it gave me a totally different perspective on myself. I had so many lightbulb moments when reading this book and I stopped punishing myself for things that I thought were negative behaviors, but are really just the "innie" way of dealing with things. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well hello fellow introvert, nice to meet ya!!

Reading your post made me smile....I was honestly afraid that all I would hear was crickets chirping after posting about my introversion, it's nice to know there are others out there.

I'll be honest, as I started reading more and more about introversion, one of the first thoughts to pop into my head was "Oh Crap".....not only am I an addict, which tends to separate one from society because we're not understood, now I find out I'm a full blown introvert too....like I need another "condition" that's not very well understood by most, thus separating me from society even more. But I caught myself quickly and said a great big "EFF THAT!!!", I gotta keep learning to roll with the punches and learn to accept myself, damn it!

I love how you said "I stopped punishing myself for things that I thought were negative behaviors, but are really just the "innie" way of dealing with things." I'm headed over to Amazon.com to get a copy of that book!

Thanks Taurus.....I was gonna say you don't know how much I appreciate it.....but you probably do!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Reading the book is so worth it! It helped me a lot. Let me know when you start reading it. I just pulled out my copy a few weeks ago and started reading it again because it has been years since I read it the first time. I just wish extroverts in my life would read it! Introverts are so misunderstood by extroverts...they tend to think something is wrong if we don't react to things in the same manner as them. But we just have different needs.

Ok, I'll stop there since this thread wasn't really about this. :lol: We can start a new thread or pm me when you read the book because I'm sure you will want to talk about some of the things in it! It's very interesting and easy to read.

By the way, the full title is "The Introvert Advantage - How to Thrive in an Extrovert World" by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Good topic and useful info for me. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next