It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey all,

I know it's been a long time, and I haven't really been active on these forums lately. Been moving and stuff, now that I'm settled in my new house I wanted to relay kind of a nice story and also ask a question.

I had my doctors appointment a couple weeks ago, my sub follow up which I do every 2 months. This is the first follow up since I convinced him to switch my dose to a higher one at the 4mg ceiling. Normally he applies pretty hard pressure to me to lower my dose every time I visit, but my last follow up must have made him think because he did a complete 180 this time. He said he understands if I feel I will never get off suboxone, and went out of his way to assure me that I have alot to be proud of and to not ever think that I am a failure etc. He said I seemed sad at my last visit. Then he said he wants to switch my follow ups to every 3 months and that he's going to stop drug testing me so I can save money.

So all in all, I'm very happy. The only thing is I have a roommate now that I moved. He doesn't know that I take subs. It's kind of annoying that I always have to try to find alone time so I can take my sub dose every day. Usually I can just take it in the morning, but sometimes I have to kind of hide out so I can take it without him knowing. Question is, should I tell him I take medicine every day? Should I tell him what its for? I'm worried he will be judgemental and stuff. Opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Jobe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First of all, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear your doctor is listening and attending to your needs. Not all doctors do that. It's good that you told him what you need and that he respected that.

As for your roommate, if it was me, I would just take my meds as normal. If he asks about it, I'd just tell him that I'm taking a medication and it happens to be sublingual. That's ALL I would say. It's personal, medical information that he simply does not need to know. If he pushes it, just be vague about it and make very little of it. Like I said, that's what I would do. And the only reason I'd give that much information is because he might notice you taking it (due to it being sublingual).

Good luck with that.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.