It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all this is my frst post but I have been a lurker since I started subs 1 year ago and all your responses have helped me a lot!

I got a job offer was told to go take a pee test. I was not worried brought my sub bottle with me to show the place in case something came up. Now all my reading on the web is that everyone has a different opinion on whether sub will give false positives but that more and more companies are testing for it.

Now this drug test seemed more serious than others I have taken they were actually sending it to a lab?? Now I am worried so I tell the lady collecting my sample that I am on prescribed suboxone and if that shows up how do we clear that up because I have a prescription. She proceeds to tell me that if they find it in there that "will be required to bring the prescription bottle to my employer to verify that I have a prescription"!!??

This is preposterous to me that I would have to show my future employer that I take suboxone. Is there not medical privacy law in this country?? My understanding is that they are testing for anti-depressants now a days?? I am pretty worried about this whole situation does anyone have any advice or experience with this??

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey marper. welcome to the forum

i too just got hired for a new job, and start on monday and have to take a pre-employment drug test...so i am actually looking for some answers as well!

from what i have heard, you are supposed to prove to the drug test facility that your prescription is legal...and then that is off the plate..the test company will then tell your employer that you passed the test...and from what i've heard, they are not permitted to reveal to your employer any medication that is prescribed legally, due to medical privacy laws

this is not something that i KNOW to be true, only what i've heard (actually think i saw it on another thread HERE somewhere) but it actually seems like an accurate statement IMO...that would make sense to me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Last year when I was moved up to management I was on about 8mg. The urine test came up positive for THC. The last time I smoked pot was sometime back in '08 or '09. I told them over and over that I don't smoke and to test me again. The second test came back negative. Then they gave me a saliva drug test and it came up positive for thc again. They never fired me but they all thought I was a pot head. who knows