It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I'm looking for some advice from fellow patients and any Dr. out there,

I have received a new job offer in another state, one that is difficult to turn down and that my wife and kids are begging me to take; however, the problem is I'm on 16mg Sub maintenance, and have the best, caring and compassionate Dr. in the world. Can Dr practice beyond state lines, even if I come in every 6 months per DEA minimum requirements? Or is it easier to get referred to another Dr. in another state, although I would rather keep my current Dr.

Thanks!!
Terry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HELLO

I can see why your worried!!! that would be a HUGE decision for ME, to make as well!!!!

but, Im pretty sure they CAN do that, some states it's three months, and some I guess it's six months.
I would 'run it by' your doctor, too. just to make sure.

I would definitely try to keep the one you have. It just seems like GOOD doctors, especially ones that believe in maintenance are VERY hard to come by!!!!! My doctor and me, get along really well, too. That's why I can understand your decision process so well :shock:

I hope your doctor likes the idea of seeing you every 3-6 months (whatever state your in) and you can continue to go there!! AND have the badass job!!!! that's having your cake, and eating it too, I think,,,,,,,,in a way?? LOL

Anyways, good luck
let us know how it works out.
If you do need help locating a list of doctors in your new state, just ask and I can give you some links.

Hope this helps,
and welcome

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hello Terryx and welcome to the forum! I would ABSOLUTELY see if your doctor is willing to see you every 3~6 months and
still keep you as a patient. This sounds like a terific opportunity for you and your family and I would hate to see you pass it
up because of an issue like this.

I would do what Amber said, talk it over with your doctor, and if he ISN'T willing to treat you across state lines, then I can't
see why he wouldn't write you an excellent referral letter explaining why you need to continue on a maintenance dose of 16mg.
It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor, and if I were you, I'd hate to give that up to!

Best of luck to you and your family in whatever you decide to do! Take Care~[/font]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Amber and Kelly. I'm anxiously awaiting the prospect of the new Probuphine implant which I understand should last 6 months at a time, but it won't be here soon enough. I also have some underlying health problems which is another reason I'm on maintenance, even if I could get through withdrawal and abstain from buprenorphine, the spinal pain would put me out of the job market altogether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi TerryX, I was just wondering when your doctor appointment is, so that you can talk to him about him keeping you as a paing
patient. I also wanted to know how long you have to decide on whether to take this job or not.

I'll Bet you are excited about the implant and its availability. If that was an option right now, you wouldn't be in the situation
that you are in right now. It's sucha huge dilemma when there is pain involved. It's not like you can say "well I'll just stop
taking sub altogether, and I'll take the new job!"

Anyway, I was just thinking about those 2 questions so if you could answer those, I'd be grateful. Thanks and Take Care~[/font]