It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

How long do you think is a good time to stay on Suboxone?
Poll ended at Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:16 am
30 days 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 months 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6 months 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 year 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
5 years 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
10 years 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
20 years 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Forever 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Cheerio, Greetings & Cheers forum fellows,

I am Jessica, new to forum and want to introduce myself. From last September to May of this year my life spiraled out of control like something mad. I threw myself in rehab in November for inhalants (went from nitrous to duster like a mad.crazy.person in a ~whippet~ minute then got thrown in jail promptly when I got out, then got out of jail and started using heroin to get me off of duster, because that sounded like a butterfly of an idea at the time. As you can see, my brain was not proper. Dusters had really mentally warped me and I couldn't get out of the rage. To make a long story short {fun details,,,more to come later} one day I just woke up and said, ANYTHING but this crap. I cried my eyeballs out, took an Uber about 20 miles away to a place that could see me immediately and got on suboxone.

This was the first day of my new life. Luckily my longtime job held my position to me which proves I was always good at at least one thing in my life and I needed to keep that going. My mother held my place up for me while I was in jail and I had a couple bonus checks that came so I was able to pay my bills luckily. So I had a good start, a job and a place to live. Still, that's what I have, but everything is so much better. I don't walk to walmart 24 times a day for dusters, search old rehab pals for H or pills or anything we could get our hands on, walk the neighborhood looking for a "friend" also in need. I am OK. I am not FANTASTIC or over the moon. I am OK. I am making it to work every day, dressing up, making small purchases I never did before that make me feel good, watching TV again, reading a lot of books, talking to people, which I didn't really use to do, making connections, dropped my EX who abused me, blocked his butt and I am moving forward at a normal pace, not a race. I am making normal attainable goals and reaching them, paying off debts and getting things done. I have a daily routine and I can actually check things off my to do list, which never happened before. Oh,,,yes I had a list, just never checked anything off. I remember one day last week there were like 7 things on my list and I actually checked every single thing off at the end of the day, trivial things, but I really felt a sense of accomplishment.

I've been down so many terrible roads, so many bad choices, relationships, accidents, wrecks, just straight up TURMOIL forEVER it feels like, and now all of a sudden, I am NORMAL. I don't even understand how this is EVEN POSSIBLE. It's ONLY my 2nd month and the doctor says I am using a drug to get off a drug and need to start weaning down and I am only taking ONE MG a day. I am freaking out a little bit and don't know what to do. I feel like I will relapse. I don't think I can do it already. I don't understand why I have to come off so soon. I need counseling or something, some type of rehabilitation after 20 years of addiction. I am very nervous and need advice and to seek out what others have gone through.

Now that I have personal self together I'd like to mingle in the world, I am successful at work, pretty, funny, intelligent, but I just don't know how to get out there and meet people, I want to talk to people I have something in common with at this moment. So that's why I joined this forum.

I hope I get to know some of you and we can learn and grow from each other with our experience, insight and wisdom.

Hello world!

Jessica[/size]

Attachments:
me at desk.jpg
me at desk.jpg [ 24.11 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 pm 

Well welcome Jess,
Im a tad confused, I thought I answered this introduction or maybe on a different thread by Jess. Idk..but anyway, glad you ve found this place.
Your have issue with your dr right? Wants you off sub and treatment soon?
Your doing so well now Id be looking for a new dr who believes in loug term treatment as I have and many others. Been almost 6 years for me . Not one relapse in all that time. When this med works, it works. !!!

Great introduction and we don't see to many pics, you do look happy.

Buprenorphine can help get your life going in the right direction as you know. Your doing great.

Others will be aloug, they will. This post will bump it to the top .

Keep posting and reading Jess and again welcome!!

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What's up jess? Your in great spirit and that's very important. A lot of people used to give me shit about being in good spirits. It's almost threatening to other people who are in "recovery". Don't loose that. Since you feel it's too soon to come off subs, then stay on! Most suboxone Drs are terribly uneducated about the drug they prescribe and addiction! Look for a new Dr. I think staying on suboxone for 1-2 years is optimum before tapering. After 1-2 years you have relearned how to behaive appropriately again in society.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks guys for the replies! I am excited to get into the forum but I don't really know where to go after here. There are SO many posts. Do you have any advice? Should I just pick a thread and start posting on to it?

Anyway, yes I am going to see that one doctor one more time, next Friday and see how it goes and tell her how I feel since it works with my work schedule and if it doesn't I'll go back to my other doctor. Because I canNOT risk relapse.

Crazy thing today,,,I didn't get on subs for drinking, but I've quit drinking as well. So that's cool. I didn't have anything to do today; but I got up, got all dolled up, even put a cute little fancy dress on and walked up to walmart, (don't have car yet, wrecked it in all the turmoil, working on that now and walmart is closest thing to me, LOL) but I spend a lot of time just reading the ingredients and reviews for shit while I was in there. I mean I didn't want to just waste the day away on the sofa, so whatever. I got a bunch of healthy crap to eat for the week etc, spent way over what I was suppose to: but the point is I was feeling SO GOOD I was thinking,,hmm why don't I just stop in at the liquor store on the way back and get a little buzz on the way home. I kept shopping and started thinking.. yes but what's after that... why do I want to do that because I feel good? Why don't I just stay feeling good, drinking makes me ugly and want to do other stuff and just leads me down the road of destruction. So I got over it and just got som Godiva coffee instead and now Im all hyped up. HAHAHH. But I feel like I am just making better decisions.

Sullafelix I agree with you, my mom and I are literally in a fight right now because she drives me to and from work every day so #1 we're together a lot more than we normally would be #2 now that I am sober she just lashed out at me the other night and said "you just think now you have 2 months that it's all wonderful and people should forget all the things you did. etc etc". And I was like no, I am not thinking that or acting like that, it's probably strange for her too because I am not fucked up anymore and causing trouble that she has to come rescue me from, so it's a big change. Now that I am becoming truly happy and stable it's confusing for people around me. I am hoping of course they'll get used to it, i mean this is all they ever really wanted you know.

Another thing that's been upsetting me, is my boyfriend, I guess now EX ya he got a new girlfriend because I guess I am not as much fun, he has all these people around him, a new girlfriend and it seems like he's having so much fun and I am not, but I have to keep remembering ITS NOT FUN, it's NOT A REAL PARTY, you know. But I am sort of lonely and just trying to keep myself busy. Uuug. I don't mind being alone most of the time until I start thinking about him.

Anyway how are you guys? What's up? Where do I go from here?

Attachments:
jazzieme.jpg
jazzieme.jpg [ 32.75 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:42 pm 

Hey Jess,
Where do you go from here? Good question. As far as the forum goes, always check out the dates of the threads or posts. Many many of them are old, some very old. Great to read, but posting to them more than likely will get no response from op.
Also, you should really read up over in the Talkzone. Dr J's blog. This is where education will come in . This is where you will learn everything bupe. Use the seach box there also for answers to questions.
Many of us here learn there. .
I define my reacovery as sub only. No other drugs, no drinking. And you know what ?, sub has helped take away the need or want to drink. So sobor living is a huge change. New people are needed. The places you go.

Are you considering a addiction therapist, recovery meeting are a good place to find clean,sobor friends too.
Just a few suggestions Jess.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:52 am 

Hi Jess, Welcome! So happy to hear all is going well for you! Have you ever thought about going to a 12 step meeting? You can get a lot of support there! It is totally your decision to talk about suboxone or not. Some meetings are ok with it and others are not. You will definitely find support and a whole group of people who have felt or are feeling exactly as you are! Please, keep posting so we know how you are!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Had a feeling she'd disappear quickly..