It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everybody. My name is James Patrick. I'm 25, from Chicago, and have been opiate dependent for about 7 years now unfortunately. I have successfully mounted a 21 month + abstinence streak from both heroin and cocaine (which was also a serious problem for me).

I was on methadone for 3 years, and I constantly felt like I was just spinning my wheels. My dose went as high as 180mg / day. Once I finally got with the program and started getting some solid sober time under my belt, I was able to work my methadone dose down to 100mg /day pretty quickly. Then it took me a while to get to 90mg / day, and even longer to get down to 80mg / day. And I was never able to get my daily methadone dose down any lower than that.

I walked into a hospital in a state of extreme distress. I was tired of dealing with all the side effects of methadone, and I was tired of getting nowhere. I had bought a few rocks and blows, and I was working on getting a cooker & needles, etc. Thankfully, I ended up diverting myself to the hospital before I could get the drugs in me.

This was November 2008. While in the hospital, I was switched from methadone to suboxone. I had never been so sick in my entire life. But the ends completely justified the means. Suboxone for me has become a bit of a miracle medicine. I've been stable, and my cravings have subsided. I've actually already gone down from 16mg / day to 8mg / day. This has given me great confidence that I will eventually be able to finally put all this behind me. Without suboxone, who knows where I would be right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I am also new here nice to meet you. I grew up in Chicago! Boy do I miss it, Sweet Home Chicago, nowhere else in the world like it!!

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, I was born in Chicago, but grew up in Downers Grove. Small world. I work down in the 'burbs of Chicago. Gotta have Portillos at least once a week!

And my name is James too! But, I was never on Methadone so I'm not the same person hehe.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Not from there...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:54 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,
Well I'm not from there but I visit it last winter,it was very cold down town,but it still was a awesome trip and had a blast! Went to a SILLY restaurant I believe is called "Ed Benevnics" it was a super funny and would recommend ti to any one who goes to Chicago!The food was super and you cant beat the funny skits they play out.
Later,
tj