It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Its been a while!
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:09 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey yall! I havnt posted in a super long time but have been back lurking the past week or so. I'm down to 1 mg a day and plan to jump in two months. I started at 8 mg a little over two yrs ago and have painlessly tapered down to where I am now. I am so ready to make the jump, have a great doc who will prescribe me some comfort meds and I just feel ready. Suboxone has helped me tremendously, saved me from a life I never wanted but I'm ready to be off it and to get on with my life. I just wanted to say hey and reintroduce myself as I'm sure I will be posting more when I do make the jump off and will be looking for some kind words and encouragement! Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome back lulubelle! Good luck with your taper. I'm sure you will do just fine an have minimal discomfort. Look forward to hearing from you about your taper in future posts!

Take care,
Squeaky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Lulubelle,

Welcome back! I'm right there with ya, at 1mg. Tapering and looking forward to making my jump. I hope you keep us updated on your progress, it's good for me to see others experiences while tapering. Somehow it encourages me to see others doing the same thing I am, makes it seem more possible KWIM?

Good Luck!
-Q

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:59 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks all...I am trying to stay positive and not read too many horror stories. My husband and I will be jumping at the same time and we have 3 kids so praying to God all goes smoothly. So much of this is mental for me so staying positive is key. I'll keep you updated!
Ps....we can be taper buds Q horse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:17 pm 

Welcome back, Lulubelle! It's a great idea to come back when you're almost ready to jump off. We have lots of encouraging folks to help you when you stop sub.

I'm sure it will be a challenge when you and your husband go off at the same time. Can either of your parents take the kids for a week? I'd wait until day 4 and then send the kids to grandma's through day 11. By then you should be over the hump. If you just have to power through it without help, it's still doable! It's just like if you and your hubby had the flu at the same time.

Are you planning to taper some more before you jump? I'm going to try to get to at least .25mg before I jump. Whatever works for you guys will be great, I'm sure!

Amy