It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My story
Im 39 and have been addicted to methadone and subutex for sixteen years ive not touched heroin for five years and nor do I have the desire to
Its been a long tough road and this time as been the worse im a married women and my husband has never taken drugs of any kind..... ive done the wd symptoms butstill have mild chills and ssneezing runny eyes and anxiety feeling all the time my trouble is I feel real tied and literally have zero energy and feel heavy like gravity has just fallen and have a job to carry my own body its killing me I cant even move out of bed does anyone no what I mean and does it go away ever ive got to go back to work next week and I work for nhs and they have no clue and think ive been on holiday so it will be a shock when they see my gaunt white faced black panda eyed zombie walk in the door omg im so worried cant even face another week of feeling like this any help please ide really be grateful x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Terri-

A lot of us know what you mean and can relate. Feels like you're wearing a lead suit? No motivation to do even the simplest things, like shower or wash your dish from the night before? Yep.. I'm so sorry you're going through it. You're right smack in the middle of the hard part.

I really suffered in this department too but I just had to keep putting one foot in front of the other. As corny as that sounds, you have to just make yourself get out of bed and do what needs to be done. Eventually it gets easier and more natural. It feels like pulling teeth in the beginning, I know. The best way to overcome this stage, or to get through it one day at a time, is to do things that naturally raise your endorphins. This will help give you the motivation and energy needed to scrape by. I used music, I had ear buds in at all times (when I could.) I even used my mini jawbone speakers to play music first thing in the morning just to get my butt in the shower. I also played music in the kitchen when I'd need to do a sink full of dishes, you'd be surprised how it can help give you a pep in your step. Time passes while you're singing along to your favorite songs, you know? It really helped for me and I used this little Jawbone thingy from amazon, which was easy to bring to any part of the house and connected to my phone/ ipod. Even though it was painful and felt barbaric at times, I continued on with my yoga class 3 mornings a week, just to keep exercising. Any exercise will do, walking is great. And lastly, COFFEE. For me, I drank a lot of coffee in the beginning, just to be able to work, and do what what I needed to do. I realize that some people may be sensitive to coffee at a time like this, tummy-wise and anxiety-wise, but for me, it was a tool that helped.

All I can say is hang in there! I didn't go this route but some people choose an antidepressant after they jump from opiates. I've heard good things about Wellbutrin and specifically that it helps with energy.

*hugs*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm copying this post I made to you from another thread.

Terrineedshelp, the extreme fatigue and lethargy can hang around for a while. IMO, it's the brain trying to fire up our natural opiate production center that causes that issue. For so long, we've depended on outside opiates that our natural opiate production stopped. It would be like not using your arm for a year, then all of a sudden trying to use that arm again. That arm would be atrophied, weak and almost useless for a good while. Try doing things that stimulate your natural opiate production. Listen to your favorite music, watch funny TV shows, hot baths or showers are good, but exercise is usually the best thing. It's probably a little early in your wd to be exercising vigorously, but it will eventually help when you can do it.

Also, a comment that always comes to mind when I read a story like yours is something a good friend of mine told me years ago as I was struggling through my wd. They said, "fake it until you make it." When I was around other people, I had to fake feeling OK, but I eventually made it.....and so will you!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes thankyou dor your commentsi no the exercise thing is the best option it just hard doing it at the moment just done a but of house work and its absolutely killed me and sweating so much makes me feel worse
I really hope it ends soon you jyst don't no how depressed I feel right now but all we can do as a recovering addict is just keep going as its so easy to just give in to temptation but no way am I going to sabotage the last two weeks no way or my family for that matter. :-)