It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Isn't that their job?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have a pretty good doctor. But tha's it. I'm on medicaid so I have to jump through hoops to get this stuff approved. Nothing drastic. I have to prove that I'm in therapy and pass a drug test every 3 months. No biggy. But every 3 months when my 3 month prior approval is up I have to wait 2 weeks for it to come through. They (at the doctor's office) know that this is coming up, but every time it's this big deal. Isn't that their job to do this? All those girls in the office have to do more than just answer phones. So Monday's my next appointment. I will be out then and I will either have to wait 2 weeks without the suboxone or pay cash for it (which I don't have). It's just so aggrevating. This happens every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You think since they know this is a regular occurrence, they would be better prepared. Is there any way for you to remind them of what to do on a regular basis? I know it is a pain but having those interruptions in your treatment is not good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Next time I'm gonna call them earlier in the month. The doc asked me last time if it had been 3 months yet, bacause if it had it was tme for my drug test. I told him it was and we talked about how it had been in the past. I know its not his job. He has people for that, but I did think that maybe since we talked about it he would have them get on the ball. The woman I talked to on the this morning actually sounded offended that I was even asking. She was more concerned that I make sure I come early so I can talk to the account rep about the insurance denying my son (another long story that would definately belong in this catagory if it were related to suboxone). She said well no it hasn't even been started yet. I know that everybody has a hard job, whatever. It's a small off shoot of our "big" hospital here. There's like 20 woman behind the counter and those are just the ones I can see. WTF how hard is it to fax a form. It's not like they don't know what could happen to me in those 2 weeks. My doc isn't the only one there, but the whole clinic seems to revolve around his sub patients. I'm sorry for this big rant but this is like unexcusable. I mean this is their job for heaven sakes. They can't take 15 min. out of their whole freakin month to fax a form. And if I fell off the wagon in those 2 weeks I would get kicked out for their f*#ck up.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know this is an old thread but I'm going thru this now. I can't get the to fax a form for 3 weeks now. So now I pay out of pocket. A million different excuses. Glad it went generic.