It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Introduction
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all,

Names Will, 23, started using OxyContin at 18, stopped when I was 20 and was put on Suboxone, been on and off Suboxone now going on 4 years, was off for 5 months last year when I managed to move away from negative surroundings and secure employment in Kelowna, BC. Currently taking 1 mg a day and need to quit as it is as if I am a prisoner to the pharmacy. I cannot go anywhere or do anything. I have no driver's liscense, no job, and my life currently consists of sitting on the couch all day reading with a daily trip around the block to the pharmacy. The boredom and depression is killing me slowly. I've lost weight, and recently started using heroin occasionally because of low self-esteem and a bad attitude (I'm an addict anyway what does it matter etc etc) I would like to be back in BC for the end of January as I applied to a Carpentry foundations program starting February 17th. The cycle of addiction, boredom, lack of employment and motivation to stay sober is leaving me helpless. I know some people say it is better to be on Suboxone than the alternative, (this is my current doctor's view) but in my case, this is just not true. It is a burden on my soul and actually hurts. I have nothing against it, but it is stopping me from living the life I know I'm capable of, not helping me. I've been following the doc here on the site on and off for several years. I just need to know what to expect quitting, as I don't know how much more I can actually taper, down to .5 mg every 48 hours is about as low as I can get too, and the withdrawals (lack of sleep especially) seem much worse than even kicking heroin or Oxy cold turkey. I plan on getting on a plane on the 21st of this month, and I need to know it gets better.
Thx in advance for all the responses and sorry if this was posted in the wrong area, I am new to here and desperate for help.

Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey will, i feel for ya buddy. im sorry youre having tough times, but it sounds like you might not be ready to get off the subs, especially since youve been using heroin too...also from the way you feel and the way your overall mood is, it sounds like your dose is too low to provide relief for you. just something to consider man. if thats not an option then maybe you can try another path to recovery, hopefully you are taking other steps to help change your behavior such as meetings counselling...good luck buddy