It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My introduction
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi. I am relatively new to this forum, but have posted a few times. I think it is time I give an introduction of myself. i have been on Suboxone since June. I went to a detox center in June after a 3 year battle with oxycontin. I have fibromyalgia and went on narcotics for pain issuses. My fibro kept flairing and my tolerence grew to the point where I was using 80mg. twice a day and 30 mg twice a day in between for breakthrough pain.I also had percocet for break through pain. And this is when I used it correctly. I did not most of the time. I decided to be my own dr. and take extra when I needed it. If I had a bad day, I took more...If I had a busy day, I took more... If I had a long day,I took more. And at the end of the month I had wds. ( unless I could get some vic's from a family member and could use them to ward off as much of the wds as possible. This went on month after month. I withdrew from my family and friends. I would go to work, come home, use, go to bed. Get up, use, go to work, come home, go to bed. It was horrible. I think, I don't remember some of it. Which also means I forget a few years of my 4 year olds life. I barely remember him as a two year old. This is one of my biggest regrets. Luckiy, I have a husband that still loves me, even after three years of betrayal of trust and lies...So, I went to the detox center, got on subs, and got my life back. For me it is a miracle,I don't have cravings, I don't use, haven't used since June 18th. Almost 6 months. Yeah me!!, I don't know if I will ever taper as I need the subs for pain,,but I don't like the idea of dependant on something for the rest of my life. I try to think of it as if it were a disease like diabetes and I need subs as if it were insulin. Usually this works, but sometimes, I really think about it and it bothers me. I have these unrealistic fears like, what if something happens and suboxone is in shortage and I can't get any..or what if I lose insurance and cant afford them(ok that is a realistic sceanario) I would like to tell you how much support I have recd from this forum, as a Lurker for several months. I have learned a lot from all of you and am so happy to have found such a great place to exchanges views and ideas about suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Well I am new here,actually this is my very first post/thread or reply.First of all I am proud of you. Your fears are real but we always think the worse to prepare ourself for the worst. I still think "what if" sometimes but not as often as I did before. I have a daughter who will be 5 in March...I have been on suboxone since she was 1....yeh a long time. I dont want to depend on medication either. However, I would rather take sub than anything else like in my addiction of taking 30perc a day. I am 110 pounds and 5ft female, some people would think I was crazy but my tolerance was that bad. I took any opiate known to ohio. Let me tell you these last 4 yrs have been the best of my life. If i was still abusing I wouldnt be in school obtaining a degree in psychology specializing in christian counseling and minoring in substance abuse, I wouldnt be lving in the best neighborhood in 20mile radius, or heck even driving the car I do. Im not bragging but I am trying to let you know how much better it will continue to get. Everything I am doing now I never ever imagined possible. The car i drove before had rust and platic all over the window compared to a fully loaded car now.....but the mindset is whats the best putting all material/acheivments to the side. Dont ever be hard on yourself,look how far you have come in 6months, you know what you are doing is right for you so dont question it, dont put a time frame on it either, just know that you are sober because you wanted it and with the help of suboxne you have it. We have a way of being self destructive and before that was with drugs but now its your mind trying to get to you, ur alreayd di the hard part and you took a huge step,now just let it flow and appreciate every moment living for the day not worrying about the future.