It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Introduction
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

:D Hello everyone!
My name is Kayla and I am 27 yrs old until November. I am a mother of 2 and currently working through a separation and divorce. I'm a medical assistant/medical coder but plan on finishing school to get my degree in nursing. I live in an extremely small town in the south so I'm literally a country gal. Back in 2008 I had a severe car car accident which caused me to have a broken neck, a severe head injury, and internal bruising. I was so lucky to even be alive. I was unable to walk and was paralyzed for the first 5 months and it was several months after neck surgery before I was able to walk. I had to go through physical therapy and still had issues healing properly. I was on every pain medication you can think of during that first year after my wreck. I had memory loss due to the head injury but the medications made it worse. When I finally decided to quit taking all of the medications I couldn't. I was addicted. It became a crippling disease for me. I tried everything to make it on a daily basis but it was a living nightmare. For years I fought addiction but I wanted out. Finally, a friend recommended Suboxone to me and explained the program to me. I found a doctor nearby and began my journey. I have been on Suboxone for 5 years now but I have been drug free during those 5 years. I have been to 3 different doctors during that time. I had insurance through disability during those first 4 years of being on Suboxone but 2 years ago I lost my disability and my insurance. I have fought for my medicine since then. It has been a daily struggle to get it and see the doctor. I am currently trying to get my disability back but I'm unsure if I will or not. I recently applied for the Suboxone patient assistance program and I'm praying they will accept me and pay for my meds each month. It would be a huge blessing if it worked out. Ever since my accident I have had chronic depression/anxiety mixed with short term memory loss so every day is so difficult for me. I have more bad days than I do good days. I was also recently diagnosed with nephrotic lupus so my kidneys are in bad shape...just more pain to deal with daily. I'm here to meet people and make friends that deal with the same struggles as me. I don't know many people that take Suboxone like me and it makes it difficult to have relationships. My husband was very unsupportive about my medicine and that is one reason we are divorcing. I hope to meet some non judgemental people here. :D

Post subject: Re: My Introduction
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:41 am 

Hey lupussucks89 welcome!!

Gosh you've been through some pain with that accident! A broken neck? Omg that sounds awful. U are VERY lucky to have survived that wreck and I'm so glad u did.

I'm a southerner also, I'm from Tennessee :)

I have zero insurance unfortunately. I have been paying cash for my treatment and my medication for over 5 years. I'm also checking into the suboxone here to help program. Can we have any more in common lol? It can get really tough financially, I know personally how difficult it can be. My clinic is really awesome if there's ever a time I'm $50-100 short. They let me bring it to them another day. Not every place will do that for ya if ur in a rough spot and I'm just really grateful for them.

So glad u joined the forum! Oh and trust me there's no judgement here :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Jennifer!
It seems we do have a lot in common. I also live in Tennessee. Nice to know someone in a similar situation. I would really like to hear more from you and maybe get to know you better! Thanks for replying. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:20 pm 

Omg really, u also live in Tennessee? That's awesome. I'm from East TN, about 40 minutes from Knoxville. My clinic is actually in Kentucky though because I'm right on the border.

So glad u joined the forum!!