It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Introduction,
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:02 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all...I have a appt. Wed for the first time. I told them I was addicted to at least 10 30s a day which is true and I buy suboxon off the street because of my sickness and needed an appt. Problem is sometimes there's no opiates or suboxon to be found and I would do anything to help this sickness. I was so sick Thursday the only drug I could find was meth, which is not my choice of drug but was willing to try anything to help the withdrawals. Question is if it's still in my system Wed will I get any help?

Post subject: Re: Introduction,
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:08 am 

Hey reeses welcome!

Well that's a question I've never been asked and honestly it's a good question. I'm not totally sure of the answer though. When u go to ur doctor for the first time, they are obviously expecting u to have opiates in ur system. As most ppl know, addicts aren't always just using opiates, so imo it shouldn't matter as long as u never have it in ur system again during ur treatment. Be honest with ur doctor about it, tell them before they find out, because it will still be in ur system I think, so they'll know you've taken it.

I have done the exact same thing in the past during my active addiction. I had this bright idea to stop opiates and doing a little meth a friend of mine had to stop withdrawal. It only took me about 3 times of using it to know I could never live life taking that stuff. Up for 4 days at a time and seeing things that wasn't there from lack of sleep...... no thanks lol! That's how we learn I guess. But I think we all understand the need and desperation to avoid withdrawal in active addiction.

Just be honest with ur doctor, let him or her know ur not an active meth user and u were just sick. Hopefully one of our great doctors will swing by and help answer what they do when someone fails a drug screen for meth.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:13 am 

Hey reesees,
First off welcome to the forum. Please continue to read as much as you can here and take a look at the Talkzone blog as well.
This treatment is for recovery. Are you ready? Sounds like you are. Recovery is more than stopping your doc. Taking it step by step your life can change for the better. I wish you much luck.

So weds the day? Fantastic! Make sure you are in moderate wd at least and everything will be fine. But you know this already.
As far as meth, well your an addict and yes,every dr or clinic has there rules but I see no reason why you cant begin. However id be as clean off of everything as possible weds. Benzos are a big no no where I go so stay far away from them before induction Weds...

Hope this helps and maybe post an introduction in the Introduction forum sometime. There are good people here who have experience and knowledge with all of this. We pride ourselves on cutting though the BS in Suboxoneland!

.. Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Superb welcoming réponses by jenn and razor. There's not much I can add, except to agree that meth is likely not a problem. As Jenn and razor have suggested, just be honest.

Buprenorphine has changed my life. The most amazing thing for me is how quickly it did so, and how thoroughly it eliminated those endless cravings. It's like being hungry your whole life and finally
getting a satisfying meal. Suddenly, you're free to live your life. In my case I was able to escape
12 years of hell.

Welcome to the forum. In all humility, I'd say this that joining the forum was one of the best things you could have done for yourself. I've learned so much since joining 6 months ago. I don't think I could have made it without the help of these kind and generous people..

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:31 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

so, how did the appt go?

a girl at the clinic i go to tested positive for weed. they told her not to do it again. she still had it in her system the next month since it takes about 30 days to get out of your system. they were ok with that, too. but said if she had tested positive a 3rd time they wouldn't have given her the sub script that month.