It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok so i just want everyone to listen to my story and see what u think. My names dan and im 22 years old. Ive been clean from pain killers and heroin for as long as ive been on suboxone. Never messed around. A little info on my opiate dependance, i took opiates for about 3 years total. I started out taking perc 30's but as my tolorance went up they got too expensive @ $25 or $30 a pop and i needed like at least 5 of them so that was out. So i moved onto heroin and i would do maybe an average of like 6 or 7 bags a day. I did 12 bags in one day before tho. It all depended on how much money i had that day or how many bags i got thrown for free. Always snorted never shot up. I digress.... Anyway 3 years might sound like nothing to some of you 20 year addicts but i assure you i was well addicted. So i went to a doctor to find out about suboxone. Luckily i have a good paying job with medical benefits and i was able to pay the $100 every doctor visit for just over a year now. And my benefits plus the coupon card i was able to get my prescriptions for $0!!!! Anyway i started out taking 20mg a day. 4 weeks later i was down to 16mg and then another month later 12mg. And so on and so forth. One time i stayed on a certain dose for almost 2 months. Other times i would decrease my dose sooner like 2 or 3 weeks. I just did whatever the doctor said. Here i am 13 months later i stopped taking subs. I was down to 0.25mg every three days when i stopped. Ive been cuttingthe green label 2mg strips into equal eighths. Very tiny pieces. Almost too hard to do sometimes lol. Once i got down below 1 mg i started messing around and skipping days here and there. My doctor was interested in the idea so when he told me to go down to .25mg he said in two weeks start taking them every other day. Then every two days. At that point my doctor just told me to do what felt right as far as stopping the medication. So shortly thereafter i stopped. That was a little over two weeks ago and i havent felt this good since before i did drugs. I love my life i have a nice girlfriend who has 3 year old son that helped me thru this process. and i just love doing normal things and enjoying spending time with my family. If it wasnt for my family i wouldnt have been successful. When my dad found out i was doing heroin he took my phone and took my car keys and kept me on close watch. My girlfriend was in on it too. My parents and her made sure i went straight home after visiting her and stuff like that. My dad would even come to the doctors with me and watch me get drug tested. When i got my phone back my dad had me live on gps at all times. I thought it sucked at the time but now im glad i had loving family and friends to be there to keep me in line and support me. Its heartbreaking Looking your mom in the face while shes crying tell you im gonna get kicked out of the house if i dont stop. That was rock bottom for me. And beleive me i know it could have been much worse. I could have been in an alley up in north philly using puddle water to shoot up. Another 6 months that would have been me. So its safe to say that suboxone saved my life but it wasnt possible without My family and an intelligent, experianced doctor with a strict and logical taper method.

Post subject: Introduction
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:52 am 

I moved your introduction post into its own thread. I think more people will read it this way!

Cheers,
Amy

Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Great! Wonderful story, it's stories like this that make people have hope and faith that there is a life out there other than our addiction!
Soooo very proud of you! Your family still had hope too, and knew you could do this, just needed a little help :D :D

You made my day!!

Tam