It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: introduction - hi guys
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all,

I've been on suboxone for just over 2 years now. I was a functioning addict for most of my life, suboxone (although also an addictive substance) has given me my friends and family back - more importantly, it has given me an opportunity to be myself without using and abusing drugs.

I've come to this forum because I would like to hear other people's stories about their suboxone use and in particular, hear any stories where people have successfully come off of suboxone and stayed off of it.

I've recently had a marriage break down but have still managed to decrease to 6mgs a day - i was on 14mgs originally.

I look forward to hearing and maybe even helping people where i can, as because I have been on suboxone for 2 years, I understand lots of side effects and how difficult it is to just get to the chemist in the morning to get the medication.

Thanks,

Amanda

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:29 pm 

Welcome back! Is this Supermando from Down Under? If so I do remember you.

You can find good recovery stories from people who have stopped AND came back to tell us how life is today by looking in the Bupe in the Rear view " forum. Plenty of others who are tapering in the Stopping Suboxone forum too.

I can understand you wanting to move on with life as your type of treatment there is very strick. It is recommended that you have made positive changes and are stable for the future. Have you done any of this? We do have the freedom here to do monthlys. Some bi-monthly, as I have today. I can't imagine having to show up every day for my dose.

Glad you made it back. We do have an excellent member here named Pelican who has done a wonderful job moving forward after Buprenorphine treatment. There are others but he is an active member so looking up his posts for sure.
We're all here to help you Amanda. ..

Razor..

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Razor! How you going?

Yeah, this is supermando - i forgot my user name, password, email that i used when i first got on here, so created another account.

I just checked and it's been almost exactly 2 years since i began this journey and gee, my life has changed for the better in so many ways.

Once i got down to 8mgs i started feeling like moving and exercising again, so I've started Muay Thia boxing, I've got the best friends in the world, so loving and supportive. And I've got a little niece now. My relationship with my family is stable and happy - all because I stopped active addiction and started using suboxone. I'm about to go to full time work too! And I'm happy - well, I have recently broke up with my husband which is very sad, but I know things will get better.

Thank you for the advice - I'll have a look at the Rear View section.

Thank you for remembering me!

I think it might take a while to decrease so I'm happy on 6mgs for now but feel very trapped in the same city for what feels like eternity!

:)